• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs yohimbine

markosheehan

Bluelighter
is it good for you to take yohimbine as a supplement? does it affect your sleep?. does it increase or decrease heart rate.? if i take it with lsd or shrooms will there be any negative reactions.? its a mild maoi so can i still eat foods with tyramine and if i cant for how long is this so?

I've taken yohimbine HCL for weight loss and it works well in those hard to get areas. It can affect your sleep so try not to take too near bed time. As for taking it with LSD and shrooms I can imagine their being any harmful reactions as they are both near non toxic however I may be wrong. It doesn't increase the heart rate and if it does very slightly, it increases blood flow somehow.

Thanks for the info, do you know if you can eat foods with tyramine in it if you take yohimbine

Yohimbine increases BP in small doses and decreases BP in high doses (can lead to a dangerous drop in BP and really low BP can actually kill you as your organs don't get enough blood/oxygen) and high BP isn't fun either and it does increase heart rate and can lead to tremors.
It has some affinity for serotonin receptors and is a Serotonin Transporter inhibitor, has some affinity for dopamine receptors and seems to be a MAOI, so don't combine it with other drugs, including LSD and mushroom and don't eat certain foods, like cheese, just to be safe

yohimbine... hrrrrrm I can't remember what I've researched about it; but MAOI sounds right; which means, for the most part, don't mess around with it. Never know what meds or basic foods can cause terrible effects

in the past I've called poison control to get some remarkably detailed info about drugs. Like that's how I learned loperamide is an opioid. I told em my dog mighta eaten some, as I found some torn packaging and a couple pills scattered around, and they ID'd the pills for me, from the imprint/size/color/shape, told me all about it, like LD50, brand/generic name, side effects, anything I could think to ask.

This was like in 2003.

I don't know if they would report something suspicious to the police since my call just involved an OTC drug, but they were remarkably helpful and quick about it.

Last edited:
yohimbine is not a severe enough MAOI to require dietary restrictions, when taken in regular doses; however, as far as OTC dietary supplements, it is a pretty dangerous drug. as mentioned before it can mess with blood pressure, increase core body temperature, and all over do Very Bad Things to you when taken to excess or with other stimulants. it is a fat burner and a sex drug, but the side effects are just too much for most. my one encounter with it was a terrible experience, I felt like my heart was going to explode, dizzy, had to lay down.

This post or any of my communications do not constitute professional advice nor do they establish a professional relationship of any kind; I make no claim to any specific professional credentials; in person consultation is essential for any medical, psychological, substance-related or harm reduction decisions. While peer support an advice can be helpful, any content posted online, regardless of it's source, cannot, by it's very nature, substitute for an in-person relationship with a clinician who has had the opportunity to take your history in the larger context and provide professional advice with all these factors, and others, taken into account.

I don't really understand how MAOIs work. I mean I understand monoamine oxidase inhibitor; so a quick Wikipedia says MAOIs act by inhibiting the activity of monoamine oxidase, thus preventing the breakdown of monoamine neurotransmitters and thereby increasing their availability. There are two isoforms of monoamine oxidase, MAO-A and MAO-B. MAO-A preferentially deaminates serotonin, melatonin, epinephrine, and norepinephrine. MAO-B preferentially deaminates phenethylamine and certain other trace amines; in contrast, MAO-A preferentially deaminates other trace amines, like tyramine, whereas dopamine is equally deaminated by both types.

So is yohimbine MAO-A or MAO-B, or perhaps some of both, or something else entirely but similar

I combined it with lsd and Hawaiian baby woodrose before. It added a "jungle" feeling to both and i rather liked the combo...on the other hand yohimbine on its own is icky. Keep the dose low.

I have some lipo 6x fat burners that has yohimbine, caffeine and some other stimulant in it. Each capsule has 1.5mg of yohimbine with 2 capsules being the recommended dose. I don't know if this is considered a small dose but I take 1 or 2 caps every now and then for energy, when taken with a couple few grams of kratom it's a really good energy supplement.