• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on drinking with codeine and promethazine

isaaccain

Bluelighter
As I'm typing I'm cooling a CWE solution of 300/5000 codeine/APAP in the freezer. They're 30/500s that I've been prescribed. I've been off for a few months so my tolerance could be called non existent. I've also been prescribed 10mg promethazine for sleep aid. I was gonna take 30 promethazine and whatever came out of the CWE, but I wanted to have a drink with it, maybe just to improve the taste, but mostly just for extra sedation. I only have vodka on hand, though, so base your answers on that.

Thanks xox

Don't

Potentiating an opiate with promethazine should be more than sufficient to provide sedation - adding a third depressant, especially a spirit is really not necessary and potentially dangerous if you have little tolerance to the other drugs.

Use some cordial to disguise the taste of the CWE if required. Be safe.

Don't combine CNS depressants!
300mg codeine is more than enough for someone without a tolerance, might even be too much, the promethazine will add to the sedation and increase the risk of respiratory depression.
Addinh alcohol is way too dangerous

Definitely do not add alcohol to the mix! I Know I'm probably too late but I'd also cut the dose of promethazine in half (when you say 30 I hope you mean mg not pills) 15mg of promethazine should be plenty with that much codeine, especially with no opiate tolerance.