• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Vyvanse for dummies

uncr3ativ3

Greenlighter
[Pretty sure this is where this post would belong... sorry if it's not! New to bluelight and the pill forms seemed to be focused on molly and testing sooo I assume I'm in the right place.]
So I am a huge believer in knowing about what you're doing before you do it. I feel like with many pills a lot of people especially youngsters are just like oh whatever I'll take it! If you came to this thread in search of info before taking it congrats! You aren't a dummy! Here's just the basic need to know facts about vyvanse, feel free to reply with anything you think someone should know if I miss out on something. Also I will include some insight to my personal experiences with vyvanse but please not these are not straight facts, this is just with me.
The basic facts:
-Vyvanse is an amphetamine, like adderall, concerta, ritalin (most if not all adhd meds). Methamphetamine clearly is also an amphetamine. While vyvanse is not nearlyyyyy as additive it is still addictive. Use with caution and moderation.
-Like most drugs, you tolerance to vyvanse will go up.
-I understand you can't really control the mg your dealer has but if you can I suggest starting out with a 30 mg, maybe even a 20. Now here's a bit of a personal experience thing: I've used it quite a bit so obviously my tolerance has gone up. But in my early V days the first I got were 50mg pills, this brought my tolerance up quite a bit. When my 50 mgs were out I got some from a person with 30 mgs and I barely felt anything. Start off at a low dose!! Because when you're unable to get a higher dose it's going to kind of suck when it barely does anything for you.
-Don't drink and do vyvanse yo. I mean it depends on the amount of alcohol consumed and the mg but at the very least you will probably have a pretty bad tummy ache.
-Your tummy might not feel so great on vyvanse sometimes even without drinking. Some of the side effects include vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and stomach pain. TMI ahead: Personally I just shit a lot.
-Please stay hydrated. I literally will drink almost constantly and still have a dry mouth and be slightly dehydrated. V, at least for me, dehydrates you seriously bad.
-If you do it regularly you most likely will notice weight loss. It makes you have less of an appetite, and for me I have no appetite even like 12+ hours after I've come down.
-Unsure of how common this side effect is but just a warning you might see shit. I personally occasionally hallucinate when completely sober. Vyvanse come downs for me sometimes make them like x100. To be fair most of the time I was heavily hallucinating I was at a party with everyone else asleep and I was the only one awake and I sat there doing absolutely nothing all night. It's listed as a side effect but it is near the bottom so I assume it's less common but it is a possibility so don't freak out.
-Heart problems. That's a thing. I notice slightly irregular heartbeat and occasional chest... not pain so much as discomfort. If your chest pain becomes extreme I recommend going to a doctor or to the er.
Purely personal experience stuff: (most of these are just little facts not info you NEED to know)
-Personally for me I feel it almost instantly. After a few minutes of taking it I just get this.. feeling. Kind of like I can almost feel it going through my body.
-For me it was not like a constant WOOOOHOOO sensation. If I looked at how I was feeling/acting I could tell I was more focused, much more talkative, less anxious for some reason (remember this is me personally, no clue if others experience this.. I have a friend who says they get more anxious on it). But it kind of comes in waves for me, the waves feeling stronger a few hours in. It's a little like an adrenaline rush, I kind of feel it in my chest and I notice a bit of an extra mood boost.
-Coming down I get so depressed. Especially when it's the situation mentioned earlier and I'm the only one up and just staring at the ceiling. Honestly 2/5 times coming down I seriously think of suicide. This is just me, but I can guarantee the come down will be at least slightly pleasant. Also when coming down I sometimes get a bit of a headache or stomach ache.

Anyways though that's the jist of it. For super in depth info https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0018936/?report=details#side_effects is a good website, it's what I used before my first time. Hope this was helpful and I wish you all a safe high 8(

Hello. I'm really sleepy but I will try to see if I think any of your points might be off. I'm half asleep and have autism so I apologize if I come across as overly critical or whatever I ain't trying to b.

1. Methylphenidate is not a amphetamine.
2. It's important to stay hydrated but consuming a abnormal amount of water can dilute sodium ion in your blood causing hyponatremia.
3. You can check your medical records to see if you ever got a ultra sound or EKG of your heart.
4. Know if you have high blood pressure taking vyvanse CA. Cause a dangerous rise in BP this is more likely to be a danger in people with high blood pressure.

Yeah I don't mean I was literally constantly drinking but I mean I was drinking a lot but still feeling thirsty. Also with the heart thing you don't need to have a previous condition the vyvanse itself can effect your heart even if it's perfectly fine.

True but if you have avproblem with your heart you dont know about it can like driving a car on the parkway with a bad engine your much more likely to be hurt