• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Ice", meth, 4-MAR. identifying characteristics...

harraser

Bluelighter
im rather curious about this stuff going around melb at the moment as "Ice". it seems to have a lot of hte characteristics that 4-methylaminorex is supposed to have, the mild euphoria, the organisation enhancements and long duration, as well as lack of the "buzzing" feeling, however the messy comedowns suggest it may be something different as the comedown off 4-MAR is supposed to be fairly easy. ive read just about everything on erowid, lycauem, a few threads on here that looked decent, but im still not sure. is anyone sure of what this is? 4-MAR? some form of amp? or something completely different?

im going to try and get the ok from a lecturer at uni and run some through an IR spectrometer to find out for sure (she's pretty understanding, cooler than most lecturers, so im gonna attempt saying "umm i have this chemical that im not sure of what it is.. do you mind if i run it throgh the IR just ot check?" and see what she says. hell its worth a shot)... but just incase that gets a no, or if its not pure enough to give a decent spectrum, can anyone give me some info?? what are the effects youve gotten off "Ice"? duration? come up? general effects? comedown? anything at all.. :) thanks heaps

-ant

Last edited:
I'v taken two differnt kinds of ice which look realy simular. I australia I'm sure I took crystal meth I stay away for 3 days after taking two points. I in thailand now and I'v taken the ice here and it's totaly different. I'm not sure if it's mar4 or not cause I'v never taken mar4 so I can't vayify it. But the ice in thailand looks simlar the the meth ice in australia. The smell of the smoke is simular but not as nice. the simular but not a euphoric but the tinks which was realy differnt was the duration I took 3 points of the stuff in thailand at 2am then went to sleep at 6 am if anybody knows what chemical this stuff is let us know

im fairly sure its a really pure form of amphetamine.... not sure though.. i had some impure stuff and it fucked me around. had a migraine the next day and couldnt move, throwing up. etc. if ur gonna be taking it make sure its good

All the ice I've had in Melbourne has been methylamphetamine.
I don't think you'll find 4-MAR here.

A tester should tell you if its Meth . If its NOT meth it MAY be 4MAR, if this is the case post the e-z test result as I know lots of people would LOVE to know the result of 4MAR to the e-z test kits

4-MAR is extremely rare. It's generally used and supplied by a small niche of people.

[edit]
For the sake of clarification...

ICE was the name given to pure 4-MAR due to its unique look - like white opaque ice.

GLASS was the name given to pure methamphetamine. It comes in the form of clear shards which look like broken glass. Thus the name.
[/edit]

Working out whether a substance is dextroamphetamine, methamphetamine, ice, methylphenidate, whatever can be really difficult simply based on user reports... This is because everyone has a slightly different perception of "euphoria", of "long duration" and "comedown". When comparing the experience suspected to be 4-MAR to another 'phetamine experience, what if they didn't actually know what the substance they are comparing it to was? What if it was meth, like they said... But it was cut with dexies... Throw in set & setting issues...

I just deleted about 20 lines worth of possible complications and other reasons why people really would have NFI when it comes to experience-based comparisions.

The point I'm making - the only way you will know is to test it. You're lucky to have a lecturer like that! Good luck buddy :)

Last edited:
i would like to know how it tests as well, the product that has been around for the past 6 months is very pure meth in rock form. the pictures of the product on other sites look the same as this gear, the first time i tried it, i iv'd 1.5 points measured, it hit me like train with full on eye wobbles, head off the shoulders feeling that lasted for about 30 minutes before i could move or see properly, this was followed by trance like concentration i had never before experienced on other forms of the drug, you build up a tolerance very quickly so the amount you consume increases to large doses, the down side was i just loved it too much and developed a habit, i used every day for six months and drained my bank account completly, i even lied to my friends telling them i had not used all week when in fact i had not stopped using at all, when i knew i had to have a break it was not as easy as i thought it would be, on par with hammer i can say, i was quite sick for a week, could not even get out of bed, headaches, sweating and no energy at all, second week a little better but falling a sleep all the time, iam ok now, dont know how long its been because i dont count days weeks ect.
hope that is some help and for what its worth tread carefully.

I reckon when most ppl get 4-MAR, they reckon it's shit. That's because everyone is used to meth. But 4-MAR is known as shabu and it's effects I found were very indistinguishable until you become hooked on it. It doesn't really cause jitters or shakes or jaw clenching like crystal meth, it just seems to increase your senses and really is an intense mood enhancer. You can smack out on it if ya want (which I used to do a lot). I found the first time I actually realised I was on it was when I was coming down off it. IT IS VERY ADDICTIVE. More addictive than any other kind of Ice I've ever had and usually is only sold in single batches to get you hooked, then they start selling you crystal meth and crack when there is no new shipment. Don't get into this scene at all.

^^^ very true, although some people can get addicvted to anything if they wanted to.

The only thing with ice is that bad come down that you have, then if you have a crack pipe sitting there you can't help yourself to just have that little bit more to have a "pick me up"...that's what gets people.

Always give yourself a limit and stick to it if your taking this stuff.

i agree, i am almost certain the gear i was using was 4MAR, white opaque rocks some the size of the old 1c piece, but they had some inconsistency, if you crushed up a rock and measured out 2points for breakfast (first for the day) you may not get a rush, so you put that pile to the side and try another rock and whoosh your out there, next day return to the original rock, load up the same amount and whoosh your in orbit, same rock different day, i suppose people might say "brain is out of order" but i have tried this many many times and it is a fact not a fairy tale. as has been noted in this discussion this product is very nice and very addictive. yes steve its big, the towns a wash at the moment, you know the story lots of miners with lots of money on their days off, i also think that because they can't smoke dope ( hangs around too long) everyone goes the fast real hard, stops 2 days before they go back to site and nothing shows if you get tested, some people buy a suspect mixture to mask what ever they have consumed, $100 a bottle, think it's crap myself, you can buy it at head shops, by the way it has no money back guarantee. shit i have to go and do something else my hearts racing typing this and iam not ready to go back just yet.
cheers
mona

Dirty_Deed said:
4-MAR is known as shabu

The slang term shabu can refer to any stimulant, eg in certain South East Asian countries it often refers to a dirty (cut) methylamphetamine product.

4-MAR is known as many different things by many different dealers. keep in mind that just because someone calls a product 'shabu' doesn't mean they're actually selling 4-MAR.

take care if ur smoking ice in a crack pipe to any smokers out there... ice has a habit of recrystalising in the lungs if u suck it down to hard... ppl might already know this and think im a dickhead for saying it but it always helps to know.

^^^ would it make a difference to your health if it did? Just curious

I'm guessing your right because ICE does tend to form up again in the pipe while smoking it.

I think people are again forgetting the fact that we have not yet heard of a seizure of any non-meth "ice" in the media. That has to say a lot.

I've sampled an uncountable variety of "ice" in perth as well as other types of speed in my younger days when i was poorly educated as to what is what. ALL "ice" i've had, had similar effect on me if you disregard initial mood, other drugs and the quality. The ice i had looked different a lot of the times - eg. i've had the what is in some circles called "frosty rocks" - which resembled 4-MAR. But again, all meth, just cut and recrystalised :)

Another arguement for all (or 99%) ice being meth is who would bother importing 4-MAR if there is noone to sell it to!!!

For someone to risk importing, they must import a significant quantity where there is demand. Who are they gonna sell bulk 4-MAR to? A bunch of smart bluelighters that wanna chip in? hehe i'd chip in, if i had a couple of 100 Gs :)

The fact is, that the real market aren't us, aren't ravers, but regular users or junkies which ever you wanna call them. And they NEED METH, not something that feels good but barely resembles meth :) Its like trying to give a smack addict a hit of codein when they are tearing their hair out because they need a hit.

Another point that has to be made is the different means of administration - you can eat it, snort it, smoke it, IV it, plug it etc.
Personally, I've only ever tried the first three for a very good reason and now I only ever smoke it. But eating it, snorting it and smoking produces slightly different effects in my opinion. Also, if all you can get is some pasty shit, you are gonna probably eat it (i did when i was stupid). If you get some fine powder, you more than likely to snort it! And if you get some nice looking rocks, you'll smoke it!!! And they will all feel different! Firstly because of the means of administration, secondly and mostly because they were all different shit with different impurities and some full of unreacted pseudoephedrine!!!

So then, how many would say..."they all different shit and make some stupid conclusion such as one was amphetamine, the other was methamphetamine and the third was 4-MAR" :)

hehe

yeah if it recrystalises in the lungs chunks can be taken into the bloodstream or just never leave, but if it gets into the arteries your fucked basically. just imagine crystals building up in the heart and eventually clogging it... BAD news

Surely the crystals are water soluble? No danger of it cloging your heart is there? In my unenducated opinion: It may damage lung tissue causing scaring or other damage but surely not build up in you blood stream or heart?

yeah true it is water soluble, but of rare occasions causes clotting and lung tissue damage, heavy recrystalisation is what to worry about. but just take the toking easy and all is well

Ahh OK,
I supose it would be akin to breathing in a healthy toke of smashed glass for a while befor it disolved again....... Nasty Nasty..!!

I disagree with the crystalisation in lungs. Surely, when you smoke it in the pipe it will crystalise on the surface of the pipe, but that's because glass is a good conductor of heat and is also dry. Your lungs are not dry and are quite warm around 37C. The vaporised meth is immediatelly absorbed into the blood stream. There can never be a build up. Meth vapour is just like any other gas. Its just meth molecules floating around. So every individual meth molecule will do as much physical damage to the lungs as would an oxygen molecule.

I always try to hold the toke in for as long as possible to let the lungs absorb meth. You can tell the lungs have done well if you know you took heaps but breathed out less. If you have meth in abundance of course, you might need not bother :)

Another good thing to try, if you are with your missus, take a toke and when breathing out, give it to her and vice versa. This way you get double fucked :)