Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom spore kits

middle finger

Bluelighter
Ok. In Amsterdam they sell mushroom grow kits and online smart shops sell them over the net. What are the chances of getting a kit sent over and avoiding trouble? I tried mushies over there and really enjoyed them. Haven't been able to get my hand on any in Oz.

dont even bother. for a start the kits are a rip off and you can get everything you need locally and cheaper with no risk of paying out and not getting your goods. you'll want to start looking on the shroomery for information about how to grow them. by researching yourself you will know the best ways how to grow them and with what equipment, which is probably not what is offered in a kit. customs will block spore syringes so dont waste your time with them, the best way to get spores is with spore prints for microscopy purposes only which you can find from spore rings.

Last edited:
Yeah your best bet to get a spore print is to get it in a glass sandwich |:| < As Cowboy mac said syringes have no chance at all of getting past customs and you would be lucky if a print got passed.

Growing them is kinda tricky if you don't know what your doing so if you plan on growing em it will require plenty of research. There are heaps of problems you could encounter I.E contamination,Moisture levels, obtaining materials such as syringes etc etc.

If you have a look and decide it's a little difficult all is not lost many mushrooms can be found in the wild. The mushroom season has just started for NSW there are many woodloving species just starting to pop there caps up so get hunting :) p.s Never eat an unidentified mushroom !!!!

Last edited:
We are occasionally blessed [?] with a suburban front yard full of goldtop fairy rings. It all came about after we ordered a load of red mill mud to give topsil to our sandy coastal gardens.

Often before we see them we know there's goldies around as one of our cats (cooch) gets big eyes and begins acting really strange. A lawn full of bitten mushrooms is usually the explanation. That is the really strange thing. She doesn't eat other fungi that we know of, and yet she will take a single bite from each and every cubenis mushroom.

I'm with the others on the import thing. Why bother when spores are virtually on your door step where-ever you live in Aus/NZ. It's still an offence to collect/possess them, but a much lesser one than any importation/quarantine violation.