• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Should 5htp be taken after GHB? What about 1,4B?

doofhard

Bluelighter
Should 5htp be taken after G?

I was just reading that 5htp shouldnt be taken with any drugs affecting the liver and G is pretty much that isnt it?

Far as I know, GHB doesn't have any real problems with the liver. It's 1,4b that does. 1,4b is converted into the body into GHB. I might be wrong and just got home, will do a search soon if no one else is. I need food! :)

I suggest it would not be much of a problem, BUT it can make people drowsy (the 5-HTP)

So whilst not a depressent, adding to the drowsiness brought about by GHB, may not be ideal.

Of course if it is taken clearly after the G effects have gone, which is often when people become uptight and "awake", then it possibly could even be beneficial - not because you need more serotonin but it may aid relaxation.

wazza said:
Far as I know, GHB doesn't have any real problems with the liver. It's 1,4b that does. 1,4b is converted into the body into GHB. I might be wrong and just got home, will do a search soon if no one else is. I need food! :)
That's correct as far as affecting the liver is concerned - GHB is the substance your body is looking for, but 1,4B needs to be converted into GHB in your liver. So GHB is the direct route, but 1,4B needs to be processed.

Not sure about the actual 5HTP question though, but if it were true then I'd assume that only 1,4B would be a problem and not GHB. That's if it's true...

Should 5htp be taken after 1,4B?

I originally asked for G but I meant 1,4B.
The reason I ask as you arent suppose to take 5HTP with anything affecting the liver
Thanks guys you always have the answers

Two threads on similar topics merged. Most answers will tend to be directed toward 1,4B than GHB as this is by far the more common of the two substances, in Australia.

BigTrancer :)

PS: Thread title adjusted.

*bump*

no *real* answer ended up being given regarding 1,4b and 5-htp...i'm interested to know...

I'm a bit sceptical about that statement doofhard - MDMA is considered to be a fairly hefty load for your liver, and many of us have taken 5-HTP and MDMA together...

Anyway, if that statement is true, then taking 1,4-B with 5-HTP would be a bad idea (probably about as bad as taking it with MDMA).

GHB is not a foreign substance in your body (it's a carbohydrate and part of your CNS) and it's quickly efficiently metabolised into water and carbon dioxide. The liver only really filters out/modifies chemicals and poisons, and it doesn't touch GHB (AFAIK)... So yeh, I don't think that statement would apply to GHB.

:)

as far as i know(don't quote me on this)i don't see a need to take 5-htp after 1,4B. it does not cause seratonin release. MDMA is more damaging to your liver than 1,4B but we still take 5-htp after that.
also you aren't going to be taking 5-htp at the same time you are using 1,4B so the wont get broken down at the same time. there should be no problem.
my2c
DfI;)
i have no clue if that made sense or not, so if it doesn't just ignore it.

^^^ Correct, G (excuse slang, but I am referring to ALL forms) doesn't cause seratonin release, it restricts the release of dopamine and then produces a surge of dopamine release, as well as affecting a number of other systems in a much more minor way.

A purely theoretical idea: if mixing MDMA and G (especially if the G is used for a 'significant' period on the comedown), then 5-HTP after the MDMA dose should be benificial with regards to neurotoxicity. This is due to the fact that the G causes surges of dopamine release... which when coupled with the seratonin depletion resulting from the MDMA gives a greater chance of neurotoxicity (depending on which studies you want to believe)

Maxi