• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 3-MeO-PCP and Buprenorphine maintenance

Animoe

Bluelighter
I am currently on Buprenorphine maintenance and have been for the past 4 years. I've been wanting to try 3-MeO-PCP but I have read things about it affecting opioid receptors or something like that?

I'm just wondering, will the 3-MeO-PCP interfere with my Buprenorphine maintenance, or vice versa?
If so, would the effects be positive or negative?

Thank you in advance.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/3-MeO-PCP
Although 3-MeO-PCP was once famously described as possessing opioid or dopaminergic activity (based on early phenomenological analysis), this supposition is contradicted by data showing 3-MeO-PCP to be a potent and selective ligand for the NMDA receptor without appreciable affinity for the µ-opioid receptor or dopamine transporter.

That's the exact article I saw that made me worry. It says without appreciable affinity, does that mean that it only sticks to the opioid receptors a little bit, like not enough to know a difference, or does it mean it doesn't have anything to do with opioid receptors at all? Please excuse my ignorance.

I have known a number of cases in which 3-meo-pcp has helped opioid addicts curb or even stop their long-term use of opioids, but it has nothing to do with 3-meo-pcp activating the opioid receptors in any way, as far as we know. The mechanics run much deeper than that and ought to be looked into more deeply for possible treatments in the future. The same potential applies to other drugs in the arylcyclohexylamine class such as MXE and ketamine.

That's the exact article I saw that made me worry. It says without appreciable affinity, does that mean that it only sticks to the opioid receptors a little bit, like not enough to know a difference, or does it mean it doesn't have anything to do with opioid receptors at all? Please excuse my ignorance.
I'd say it means that it won't bind to opioid receptors :)

NMDA antagonism can lower opioid tolerance, at least temporarily. I don't know how that would affect buprenorphine maintenance, but NMDA antagonists in general are known to reduce tolerance and potentiate opioids, so I'm just throwing that out there. Maybe someone else has some actual experience.

Thank you all for your replies! I ordered some today and was kinda stressing it until now when I just read your guy's responses.

It should be here in 3-4 days. I'll let you guys know how everything goes!

Thank you all again, And wish me luck!

I have known a number of cases in which 3-meo-pcp has helped opioid addicts curb or even stop their long-term use of opioids, but it has nothing to do with 3-meo-pcp activating the opioid receptors in any way, as far as we know. The mechanics run much deeper than that and ought to be looked into more deeply for possible treatments in the future. The same potential applies to other drugs in the arylcyclohexylamine class such as MXE and ketamine.

I've also encountered a lot of stories about 3-MeO-PCP helping with opiate withdrawal while searching for interactions between Bupe and 3-MeO-PCP. All in all, I'm not too stressed about it. I've got an extremely reliable vendor and I'm going to start off really slowly then work my way up as long as I don't encounter any problems with the combination.

NMDA antagonism can lower opioid tolerance, at least temporarily. I don't know how that would affect buprenorphine maintenance, but NMDA antagonists in general are known to reduce tolerance and potentiate opioids, so I'm just throwing that out there. Maybe someone else has some actual experience.

I've never felt even a slight buzz from Bupe since I started maintenance with it.
Maybe the 3-MeO-PCP might give me a chance to feel something from the Bupe. That'd be nice :)

NMDA antagonism can lower opioid tolerance, at least temporarily.
I've read a paper about this a few month ago and can't find it right now, conclusion was that only certain NMDA antagonists help with the tolerance to certain opioids, like DXM doesn't help with morphine tolerance, but with oxycodone tolerance (it's just an example)

OP, as you might know you shouldn't use 3-MeO-PCP for a few days in a row, as this could lead to psychosis iirc.
And a normal dosage is like 1-15mg iirc, so check out volumetric dosing and read the megathread :)

I've read a paper about this a few month ago and can't find it right now, conclusion was that only certain NMDA antagonists help with the tolerance to certain opioids, like DXM doesn't help with morphine tolerance, but with oxycodone tolerance (it's just an example)

OP, as you might know you shouldn't use 3-MeO-PCP for a few days in a row, as this could lead to psychosis iirc.
And a normal dosage is like 1-15mg iirc, so check out volumetric dosing and read the megathread :)

Hey thanks for the tip man! I WAS actually planning on doing em for 3-4 consecutive days, so thank you for the warning! Probably saved me from a world of fucked-upness :) I'll be sure to space the trips out a few days apart from one another. And yeah I've got a scale to dose them properly. Good lookin out, I appreciate it!

That's really interesting, would you mind linking the paper if possible? I'm curious now :)

Hey thanks for the tip man! I WAS actually planning on doing em for 3-4 consecutive days, so thank you for the warning! Probably saved me from a world of fucked-upness :) I'll be sure to space the trips out a few days apart from one another. And yeah I've got a scale to dose them properly. Good lookin out, I appreciate it!

Ooh yeah, it's not really ideal to binge on any dissociative, but some (like PCP and some analogues) are particularly prone to causing psychosis, even after a few days. Even milder ones, like dxm and ketamine, get me feeling pretty weird if I overdo them. Your plan of spacing out trips is good though! I also thought I saw you say you'd be titrating your doses (I'm too tired to have short term memory right now lol), but if you didn't, definitely titrate your way up too. When a dissociative hits you too hard, it's not a fun time.

Can you get physically dependent on PCP & it's analogs? What (if any) do the withdrawals feel like?

Can you get physically dependent on PCP & it's analogs? What (if any) do the withdrawals feel like?

I think I read about someone getting physically dependent on it in this megathread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/760934-The-Big-amp-Dandy-3-MeO-PCP-Thread-Mad-Manic-Meo-3nity

And to answer your question about the K-Hole https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/3-MeO-PCP
3-MeO-PCP acts as an NMDA receptor antagonist. A specific subtype of glutamate receptor, NMDA (N-Methyl-D-Aspartate) receptors modulate the transmission of electrical signals between neurons in the brain and spinal column; for the signals to pass, the receptor must be open. Dissociatives inhibit the normal functioning NMDA receptors by binding to and blocking them. This disruption of neural network activity leads to loss of normal cognitive and affective processing, psychomotor functioning, anesthesia and eventually an almost identical equivalent of the famous “k-hole
so I guess you could achieve something like a K-Hole/Anesthesia, but I guess the dosage would be too high and 3-MeO-PCP seems to be a substance that wouldn't forgive a megadose and it'll most likely result in a psychosis, so I wouldn't try it.

That's really interesting, would you mind linking the paper if possible? I'm curious now :)

Check out those links
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7512709
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12376154

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2628209/
For example, Redwine and Trujillo (94) found that morphine analgesia was enhanced only when co-administered with LY235959 (3 mg/kg); fentanyl analgesia was enhanced in the presence of LY235959 (3 mg/kg), dextromethorphan (30 mg/kg) and (+)(R)-HA-966 (30 mg/kg); and no difference was observed for morphine or fentanyl when co-administered with MK-801 (0.1 and 0.3 mg/kg), memantine (3 and 10 mg/kg), or ifendopril (1 and 3 mg/kg).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14592689/
Mixed research findings have led to a debate regarding the effect of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonists on opiate analgesia. NMDA antagonists have been found in various studies to enhance, to inhibit, or to have no effect on opiate analgesia. The present research used a single protocol to explore the effects of six NMDA receptor antagonists on acute morphine (3.0 mg/kg s.c.) and fentanyl (0.05 mg/kg s.c.) analgesia in adult male Sprague-Dawley rats. NMDA receptor antagonists were selected based on their abilities to block various sites on the NMDA receptor complex, including the noncompetitive antagonists MK-801 (0.1 and 0.3 mg/kg i.p.), dextromethorphan (10.0 and 30.0 mg/kg i.p.), and memantine (3.0 and 10.0 mg/kg i.p.), a glycine site antagonist, (+)-HA-966 (10.0 and 30.0 mg/kg i.p.), a competitive antagonist, LY235959 (1.0 and 3.0 mg/kg i.p.), and a polyamine site antagonist, ifenprodil (1.0 and 3.0 mg/kg i.p.). Analgesia was assessed using the tail-flick test. A single dose of each opiate was used. The low doses of the antagonists, which are known to produce significant neural and behavioral actions at NMDA receptors, had no effect on morphine or fentanyl analgesia. At the higher doses, morphine analgesia was significantly enhanced by LY235959 (3.0 mg/kg), and fentanyl analgesia was significantly enhanced by LY235959 (3.0 mg/kg), dextromethorphan (30.0 mg/kg), and (+)-HA-966 (30.0 mg/kg). Enhancement of analgesia occurred without any apparent adverse side effects. None of the NMDA antagonists affected tail-flick responses on their own, except the higher dose of LY235959 (3.0 mg/kg), which produced a mild analgesic effect. Because no consistent effects were observed, the data suggest that NMDA receptors are not involved in acute mu-opioid analgesia. The mechanisms underlying the enhancement of opiate analgesia by selected NMDA antagonists, such as LY235959, dextromethorphan, and (+)-HA-966, remain to be determined.

Alright! Finally got my 3-MeO-PCP in the mail. I'm gonna start slow with about a 2mg dose, just because I've never fucked with dissociatives before.

I'll let you all know how it goes with my Buprenorphine maintenance Etc.

P.s. sorry to bring this post back from the dead.