• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Mixing own methadone, what ratio to use?

Elscobar

Greenlighter
I've come across some methadone powder, which is a form of methadone that I'm unfamiliar with as is everyone in my area. I'd like to mix it up into juice for proper dosage, and what I'm used to is what people on the street (locally, at least) is 100 proof methadone, typically in 100ml bottles.

I'm hoping someone can help me, but basically I'm trying to figure out how many mg of methadone is in a 100ml bottle of "100 proof" methadone? Is anyone here familiar with this terminology at all?

Thanks a lot bluelight

100 proof is a term designated for liquor and equals 50% by volume. Methadone in clinics is measured by 10mg per 1ml in the states at least(mallinkrodt Methadose concentrated liquid). To determine the percentage of methadone to liquid ratio you would have to know the purity of the powder you have obtained . If it's 100% you could be dealing with fatal levels that would fit on the tip of a house key. Seriously consider starting with something like half a tic tac worth if even that till you know what you have. Also consider the reliability of the source as low doses of said drug mixed with Fentanyl are more and more prevalent these days.

You bought "methadone powder" off the street? What makes you so sure it's exactly what you think it is? Methadone's already such a dangerously powerful drug, but, like Jekyl mentioned, can be even more dangerous by being cut with fentanyl/fent analogues.

Clinics dispense powder also. It comes in a bottle that's all powder and what looks to be a wafer shaped thing of powder that pretty much crumbles to the touch. There isn't really a way to measure it out unless you know the dose of the person you got it from...even then you might wanna get the dose of who you got it from to show you how to measure it out

I have worked in a pharmacy, where they had pure methadone powder. It was used to make oral solutions containing 10mg/ml. Maybe someone came across this. (through robbery or theft) But i have to doubt this as it was hidden in a large safe. Personally I have never seen this on the street.

never heard of methadone powder in the UK, weird.

I've heard of it in pharmacies (under lock and key and behind about 3ft of concrete, naturally), never on the street though. I think the government has done away with pharmacists mixing their own so it may not happen nowadays.

As for OP, I've no particular knowledge to impart on this, just please be careful. That stuff's hardcore.