• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tapering off of lorazepam, what dose should i cold turkey at?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I know I'm not really using the term cold turkey correctly here, I just can't think of another phrase for it. Anyway, I'm tapering off of lorazepam right now, lowering the dose by .25 mg every week. I'm really kinda sick of being in it and just wanna get off as soon as possible without more than 3 days of withdrawal. I'm currently on 1 mg, and am lowering it again 6 days from now, including today. What dose should I just stop it at?

Id say .5, after a week or so. Thats the usual dose for anxiety, so in normal circumstances you should be fine, because if it was going to be dorectly harmful, the pharm market would make sure to detail how to taper to those using it for anxiety, but they don't really do so to my knowledge. I MEANT AFTER YOU WERE DONE WITH 1 OR TWO WEEKS OF .5, NOT RIGHT AFTER .75MG.

Have you felt any discomfort so far?

Getting off it quick is a trade-off between doing it fast and potential discomfort.

Also like opiate withdrawal, Benzo withdrawal is not always linear. You might want to save a few .125mg crumbs if your jump off is rougher than anticipated.