• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox IV fentanyl withdrawal

Nati

Bluelighter
So here I go again..
Unfortunately I've picked up a pretty high IV fent habit recently. This wasn't the intent but who really knows what your really shooting these days. I'm not new to the game I half knew it was fentanyl when it drew up clear so the blame is mostly mine. Yet I was still surprised when my urine screen came back 0% diamorphine...
Anywho here are the meds I have to combat this sure hellish withdraw.
Proclorperazine
Baclofen
Imodium

Will these come close to touching it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can soften the landing with high dosea of immodium. 10+mg

I recently used Imodium to successfully withdraw from Methadone with pretty much no side effects or DT's.... I've been on methadone for 5 years. I've been methadone free for almost 3 weeks now....

I recently used Imodium to successfully withdraw from Methadone with pretty much no side effects or DT's.... I've been on methadone for 5 years. I've been methadone free for almost 3 weeks now....
Wow! Please elaborate

Wow! Please elaborate

2nd'd! I was too scared to try that kind of thing, plus I had access to codeine, buprenorphine, DXM and ibogaine so a loperamide detox wouldn't have made any sense. I have heard this being used before, though I'd not recommend it past the kind of doses you'd use to help you get off any other opioid (so like no more than 20-60mg of loperamide).

Anyhoo, I'm very curious sweetzoe. Please do tell!

Hey all, sorry it took me so long to reply....Shit kinda hit the fan in my life, and well, let's just say I lasted opiate and methadone free about a month or 2- as I type this I'm omw to cop, sick, but not as bad as I woke up feeling thanks to a decent amount of loaded cottons I had for such an emergency...But, the immodium withdrawal tip...So, I took a gang load of those jokers when I started to feel the first waves of anxiety and creepy skin starting (100mg, aka 50 pills). Yeah, it's alot, and risky, but I am a junkie cuz wds scare the shit outta me- so it lasts for like 2 days before I feel the need to be on the safe side and take 40 this time, then I pretty much did that schedule,every other day, decreasing by 10 at a time...I basically took a handful when the pangs of dopesickness began to show their early warning signs.

Now to kick this bun+ a day habit...Guess ill let u know when and how that goes as a well.

Good luck brother. If you keep trying you will eventually beat this shut or find a situation that you can live with.

Thanks cj... And I'm not mad at ya but I'm most definitely not a dude (pics to prove it on a recovery thread lol)

Hope that you are doing well its been a while since I've been on here and my memory is spotty at best most of the time, but if I remember correctly you had shared about some struggles you were dealing with about your recovery (plz forgive me if I'm mixing u with another person's as I said I haven't been on bl in a hot minute) And if u are then remember if we're able to get sober once, we can do it again. And again. And again, hopefully gaining insight and knowledge about ourselves each time we do struggle with relsome that helps us to maintain sobriety, and to always have the courage to try again, no matter how many times we fall. Always have faith in yourself because if you don't how can we expect anyone else to?

Sorry for rambling and I hope I have made so sense....been a rollercoaster day....went from being kicked out homeless and penniless (well I wasn't penniless when kicked out from where I was staying but was when my dealer came to get me from the house)....now I'm set up in the hotel free of charge with anything I Ned to drink, eat, smoke, or otherwise need and paid a bag for every 2 I move. Good way to end the day.

Sorry girl my bad. Yeah I've been struggling with getting sober for at least the past 15 months the other 10 years I was struggling to stay high :). Right now I'm on a methadone clinic and prescribed a benzoyl so I try and stick with those. But im not sober in the aa definition. I feel like each person should define what works for themselves and go with it

Keep up the great work....methadone helped me to stay sober for almost 5 years strait...and fuck AA and their definition LOL.... too much like a cult imho

And I am sorry for taking a while to get back to you sweetzoe! :)

I take it you'd like a break from the clinic for a while? A bun a day is no joke! It's really hard to support that kind of habit and put up with all the bullshit of the lifestyle it tends to involved (from legal shit to dealing with POS dealers and our less compassionate fellow users), but I understand the clinic life isn't a cakewalk either.

I'm glad to hear from you zoe, thank you for checking in :) If you're up for it, I'm sure others hearing more about your own story in your own journal type thread would mean a lot to people, even they're just the random stranger (we all have so much more in common with our struggles, not just with using but in life, than not). But no worries either way. It's just good to hear from you. Try and take good care of yourself!

Fuck I deleted my post I was trying to edit the typo that's been bothering me Everytime I read it....Is there a way to recover it? Technologically challenged here, any way to help TPD?

Done (deleted post restored), and no problem. It's always nice to see a familiar face around here :)

I take it you were trying to edit it using the mobile browser on your phone? There is a glitch that deletes a post on the mobile version of the site whenever you try to save an edit. Frustrating, I know.

Here is a link to the full site that you can go to using your phone's browser that will allow you to use all the normal functions of the site: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forum.php?styleid=51 (for more info, see: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/713150-Bluelight-Mobile-(With-Links-to-Both-Mobile-and-Full-Site!) to switch between the mobile and full versions of the site).

You can use the full version of the site on your phone and edit posts without the mobile site's glitch deleting them when you try to save your edits.

You are a God among men, TPD! Thanks for looking out and yep, you're absolutely right about what happened when I was editing, switching to the full site most def...So tell me about this journal thingamajig you speak of, sounds interesting.... I am doing quite well at the moment, and take into consideration that at this current time my definition of doing good is quite different than the rest of you sober squares ;) my new plug turned me onto some tar last night that was fucking unbelievable....Most of the time any of that round these parts is outrageously overpriced/ absolutely garbage.....Nice to have something different to spice things up once in awhile...I have no idea when I'm going to deal with shit and get it together again, till then pray for me to remain vertical

Hey, Zoe. When TPD mentioned a journal, he was (I'm pretty sure) just suggesting that you could use this thread on an ongoing basis to write down how you're feeling, your wins and your setbacks as you work towards getting off dope. That's all there is to it...nothing fancy! But a lot of folks find that keeping this kind of journal during recovery can be really satisfying and helpful (so we can learn from our mistakes and remember how far we've come). Also, the journals often become helpful troves of info for other readers later on.

And remember, there's no need to be 'sober' in order to have a journal on the SL forum. Anyone who's struggling with addiction is more than welcome to post here!

<3
Sim

Yes, thank you Simcoe, I appreciate your help and I think I will do just that. I'm trying to get a little bit of sleep right now after a very busy and hectic last few days, but I'll check back in and fill in all the gory details soon....Thanks y'all for listening and for the support. It really does mean a lot, maybe more than you realize even.

With love, Zoe