Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

a really disturbing question

gonzo

Bluelighter
On the weekend me and a couple of friends were sitting outside at an event when a young guy came up to us and asked us how you use K. He then pulled out a bag, waved it in front of us and asked " is it OK to rack it up?" We were absolutely gobsmaked. We said that if he didn't know he shoudn't be taking the damm stuff. We also told him to be very carefull and make sure he was with friends if he took it and to start with very small amounts. He then got all defensive and said he would be ok and he was just asking. My question is how the hell do you handle a question like this and how far does your responsibility go? The whole thing really brought us down and I have been thinking about it ever since.:(

I suppose your responsibility goes as far as your conscience lets you!! Does that make sense?

What I find more disturbing, is why does some young guy have k when he obviously knows 'next to little' about it, and asks strangers on how to use it, especially out the front of an event!!!

This guy must have some problems!!!

Hmm... I spose he at least asked the question, instead of just railing up a fat gagger and K-holing in the club...

If it was me that was asked the same question I'd say "It's totally up to you, but I'd say do it at home or somewhere safe, and do BUMPS... not lines... bumps, until you know how strong it is and you can get used to the effects."

BigTrancer :)

yeah, this is true. but i think that the guy should be given a little bit of credit that he asked. there was obviously a slight concern inside him that he would end up o'ded or something along those lines.

i think that the absolute majority of bluelight members would have entered the "drug" world on the basis of peers and so forth. im also more than confident that alot of bluelight members were not or educated as to the immense possiblities of risks when we first dumped a pill, or racked up a line.

its all matter of degree.

tell him its only active when rectally administered and offer to assist him...

Hmmm... i might be a bit wierd, but i don't find anything out of the ordinary about the situation... the guy probably got K unintentionally, or wanting to sell to someone...then got curious and thought he might have a try... so he asked.... what wrong with that? If I was asked the same question, I'd give BTs advice and feel good for the rest of the day that I helped someone out.
(depending on the size of the bag, i'd probably offer mine and my friends company while we all parttake in consuming the K :)

I do see the original poster's point (yep, I'm gonna throw my 2c in each way ;)). There's few things I hate worse than kids running around with bags of some random drug they've bought without knowing what it is, or what it does. It goes completely against my entire philosophy of educated experimentation...

I don't think it would concern me as much if drugs didn't teach such harsh lessons to the unwary or foolhardy.

BigTrancer said:
I don't think it would concern me as much if drugs didn't teach such harsh lessons to the unwary or foolhardy.

Harsh lessons are still lessons ;)

The first thing I'd tell this kid is to be more careful about who he admits his criminal actions to... the harm he might do by overdoing the K is potentially a lot less than the harm he's going to do by getting himself a criminal record.

I think you have a responsibility at the very least not to encourage him to do what he's doing. And it's better if you try to reason with him and tell him not to go and do something without finding out how it works. Give him advice just like you'd give advice to a greenlighter who asked the same question on bluelight.

If the person in question chooses not to take your advice or gets defensive about you trying to help them, then you shouldn't feel guilty or anything. You've done all you can, and if they won't listen then I guess the Darwin awards will be having another entry soon.

Thanks everyone. I suppose my originall post was more like I felt like I should have spent more time explaining stuff to him especially as he looked so young and already totally out of it and seemingly alone. He just seemed to take everything we said as some kind of personal insult and I guess none of us were really in the mood to talk at length.
What also disturbed me is that I always try to research what I am taking before I take it and was kind of assuming that due to excellent and easy to access areas of information like bluelight and erowid everyone did the same. Me wrong :\

maybe something along the lines of...

"Ketamine is a tranquiliser and disassociative that works on XYZ receptors and has ABC effects <insert psychopharmacological rant here, phase_dancer style> blah blah blah. For a first time user like yourself, i'd say try a bump or at most a half line till you figure out a dosage. Have a sitter and be careful when mixing drugs or you could find yourself in a hospital ward by the end of the night..."

or you could always offer to show him exactly how to do it, for a small donation of course, and completely in the interests of harm minimisation....

Simply tell him not to mix drugs and have a small dose. What is the problem exactly? No point saying if he doesn't know don't do it. We all have to start somewhere with drugs.

It all really comes down to the fact that the fella was humble and rightfully cautious and seeked information from who he thought might have been experienced people. He might not even have had internet...a lot of my friends don't.

If only half of the people I speak to were as clever as that bloke to seek advice, i'd be happy.

At the last rave I went to, a friend of mine there was looking for pills. I knew one of the guys who had some stuff for sale there, so I hooked them up. A short while later, the guy who was selling came up to me and told me that he had sold my friend some goey, and that she didn't look like she knew what it was. So, he told me to keep an eye on her that night, which I did. She ended up knowing what it was, and was only confused cos she asked for pills :p
But, I thought this was a really good gesture, the dealer watching out for his customers, which I thought was a very good attitude for them to have. Very responsible, I gained a higher respect for him that night.