• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

"The Drunner and the great Mountain" By Michael Joseph Ferguson)

321556n971040w

Greenlighter
I have visited this site for many different reasons over quite a long time. I'll not go into a personal bio at this time, but suffice it to say I've always had an engine driving me that was and is mostly too much to handle. In my quest to find what makes me so different from what everyone (including myself) wanted me to be. As more information came out on ADHD/ADD It was easy to see that I'm afflicted or blessed or whatever. I may also be high functioning Austism as well but there is no diagnosis there.
After reading no less then 4-5 book on ADHD and the like, I was always back where I started but with a diagnosis that didn't necessarily make me feel any better about the affliction. I by luck ran into the book mentioned above and it theorizes using many different concepts that maybe per chance derive us evolved as hunters and gatherers. Hunters were more brazen to attack the largest prey and work hard in small spurts. The gatherers were the planners and they've taken over the world unless they need entertainment or music or war. We hunters still excell at these things. The book tackles caring for someone with the unique bunch of dietary/exercise/and spiritual (mental health) duties. It's put together more as a text book and can be used much like the manual of a car. As needed. But, if you are like me you will be fascinated to not only hear his concepts and theories but to implement the exercise regiment and begin eating how you were physiologically intended to. The book is available on IBooks and I believe he's been successful enough for an Amazon release as well.
Mr. Ferguson not only plots a possible plan, but makes contingencies to comply with personal customization of what your program is.
Addiction is a bitch. I've been an alcoholic/drug user for 25 yrs. THis won't solve all problems, but until there is homeostasis chemically in many of our brains then you will seek drugs at any costs as a person with thirst would seek water. I still take some adderall, but before I took my most recent job I was drug and drink free and felt great.
There is also a podcast for free to help you learn a little but before purchase and some helpful tools on his website as well.
It is my understanding that he is an ADHD coach and has had his own struggle as a hunter type. I hope one day to use his coaching services to help me balance out my life better.
I hope this helps someone. I had 2 close friends die months before I found this book and I'll never know the difference that could have been made.
It's ok to be different and still love and respect yourself. Getting high helps but slowly much more grave issues are presented with drug addiction.
May your sufferering be minimal and you happiness be plentiful.
Best wishes.
dpd

Hi, that sounds like a helpful resource. I'm going to move this to Recovery Support. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the book recommendation. I am going to tell a friend of mine that has ADD who has always had it about this book.