• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam hangover?

kidklmx

Bluelighter
Even given the short-acting nature of this drug, every time I take Etizolam to sleep, I wake up like 12 hours later. Anyone with more benzo experience care the chime in? I've been missing appointments and shit, so it might be time to get rid of my stash.

I find all benzos and sleeping tablets cause me to experience residual drowsiness regardless of their half-life / duration of action. I've kind of gotten used to it, but I can see how that would be a burden if it is messing with your schedule.. Maybe you could try taking them earlier in the evening or leaving a loud, continuous, screeching alarm on the other side of your bedroom so that you have to wake up and walk over to it and turn it off.. It's obviously not the most pleasant way to wake up of course..

If you can do without the etizolam and find another way to get to sleep that would probably be your best option. I was prescribed temazepam 11 years ago to help me sleep, I've been on benzos ever since and I still hardly sleep, so I don't really think they are a long term solution.. if anything they just stop me from worrying about the fact that I'm not sleeping, which paradoxically makes me feel okay about being up all night.