• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is there a point to ADD meds when you stop getting that slight social contentment?

xbandit07x

Bluelighter
Ive been on them for 3 years, and although the euphoria/body buzz went away fast, I had a distinct content feeling that adequately treated symptoms of reward deficiency syndrome and social anxiety. Now that after 3 years im tolerant to that effect, it seems like dont they just make you unhappier because you cant even use your own limbic system to find pleasure from anything, and if the amphetamine stops feeling good at all, ADD symptoms are no longer adequately treated because all ADD kinda is is lack of feeling content with things to focus on them or engage.

Tell your dr you want to take a break.
I've been on Dex and Adderall since 2012 with the same psychiatrist. Every year I take a three month break to let my brain go back to normal. I get very good effects ie. euphoria etc when I return taking the adderall.

I've been on Dex and Adderall since 2012 with the same psychiatrist. Every year I take a three month break to let my brain go back to normal. I get very good effects ie. euphoria etc when I return taking the adderall.

Yeah I have taken summer off once, a month of here and there and it makes a difference. Some Doctors however hate when you tell them you're taking a break because they take that in the category of abuse and say we never heard of patients taking breaks. They expect you to stay dulled down on. constant pace of daily amph use instead of rubber banding it to perfection with time off.

Why not just take a break and continue to get your meds so it doesn't arouse any suspicion with the doc. If its too hard not to take them, have someone like a family member you trust hold them for you. That way you could stockpile a whole bunch of them for when you do want to start taking them so you have a massive supply!

^^^This is probably the best your going to do. Do this. Eat great foods, vitamins, minerals, supplements like phenylalanine or tyrosine (in correct, healthy dosages) and exercise.

I agree with what everyone else has said. Like with a lot of psychoactive drugs, they lose their objective and subjective efficacy with prolonged use. It sucks, but there are some reasonable ways to counteract this sort of thing. A tolerance break is probably going to be your best bet. However long you can manage to abstain from the Amphetamine use; the longer the better. A month in my opinion would be ideal in terms of noticeable benefit.

Allow yourself some time to reset and I bet you will be able to recover a lot of the postive effects from your medication.

Yeah because the doctors don't realize it's counter productive to ADD when the med is purely and entirely dull, since once an amphetamine decides how it's going to feel, there's no room to add your own input at developing interest and focus. The amphetamine only works when it feels very interesting atleast to be on it at a minimum.

that's why for those who can relate, isn't the dose being too low painful ? Because it's stuck at a low Amount of dopamine where your mood can't change based on real life input, whereas atleast with the sober add Brain it can try to generate your own attempts at arousal and it feels better.

But if I take only 10 mg Dexedrine it's like this is it, you can't feel more interested in anything even if you were actually trying to care because it's just locked into a forced low annoying amount that can't be applied to any of the things I like. but 20-30 IR is like wow i can feel the level of interest of just being a person interacting with the day I don't reaaaaally find interesting but my interest is being here on Dex. I love video games and stuff for example off Dexedrine, but on like 10 mg Dexedrine it's tearful.

For some reason Adderall stays feeling the same each day for me. I mean it might not be AS powerful as it was the first time I took it, but it works the same way every day as long as I keep my diet correct, and don't eat/drink anything too acidic. I also take antacids everyday. I noticed a huge difference in its effects when my stomach was less acidic. Eat antacids and eat less acidy foods/drinks. maybe that will help... or take yourself a vacation from amps. Amphetamines I have noticed are very unpredictable drugs depending a lot on your diet...

For some reason Adderall stays feeling the same each day for me. I mean it might not be AS powerful as it was the first time I took it, but it works the same way every day as long as I keep my diet correct, and don't eat/drink anything too acidic. I also take antacids everyday. I noticed a huge difference in its effects when my stomach was less acidic. Eat antacids and eat less acidy foods/drinks. maybe that will help... or take yourself a vacation from amps. Amphetamines I have noticed are very unpredictable drugs depending a lot on your diet...

Agreed that it is unpredictable with amphetamines when it comes to my experience. I've been on them for about three years now, but each day depending on how much sleep I get and how I eat strongly affects the how I feel when I take the amps..Plus, they aren't as powerful anymore like you said.

For example, if I don't get much sleep, I feel sluggish and alert, but too lethargic in the head to really process thoughts or carry out actions. I tend to be feel irritable and anxious. Later in the day, I feel weak and jittery and very irritable.
When I don't eat, sometimes I go through the day feeling strong and ambitious, and other times I feel extremely famished and just can't think about food because of the effect of the amps. Though my dose has not changed in the past year or so, these effects stay the same.

I don't know if there's any point in taking them DAILY anymore. Its like torture but yet I still keep taking it without thinking? It's like I'm on auto pilot now.

Wake up, take my meds, go about my day and then feel like ass

If i don't take my meds there is no waking up lol I'll just go back to sleep and zero fucks given

Yeah i might try taking a break, because isn't there no point of taking it to be sluggish lol unless sluggish is a the derivative of the old initial focus calm. We're better off smoking pot and enjoying discontent and try again in October.

not sure what the fuck you mean by clean but yeah.

people that feel cracked out on meth shouldn't be people.
jk.
you'll get it.

not sure what the fuck you mean by clean but yeah.

people that feel cracked out on meth shouldn't be people.
jk.
you'll get it.
The cleanest adhd med is Opiates. Because it's all dopamine and endorphines, none of that adrenaline garbage that makes you anxious , Meth is the 2ns best for adhd, potent and hits dopamine and serotonin receptors , norepinephrine somewhat. Ritalin does fuck all with serotonin (BAD), some what Dopamine (OK but not that great) , lots of adrenaline (BAD, cracked out mofo)

If you're stuck between Research chemicals stimulants and Ritalin, by all means take Ritalin. But if you got access to opiates, meth / amphetamines...then took those instead.

Yeah and it's not that adrenaline causes anxiety inherently, since the first few times you take the add meds there's loads of adrenaline but it's extremely Anti-anxiety and euphoric, it's that day in and day out artificial adrenaline will tire your body and brain but opiates wouldn't tax your whole endocrine system lol