• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Is it possible to dissolve Etizolam in regular strength alcohol?

Quixote

Bluelighter
Need to dose 100mg of etiz powder correctly.

I know PG is the best solution, however I'm a bit worried about it's ototoxic effects since I already have tinnitus and hearing loss. Apparently there have been reports of ototoxic effects from vaping, IV use and with direct application to the cochlear. I know ingesting 1ml per dose would probably do jack shit to my hearing but if there's an alternative way to dose the etiz, that would be super.

I know some suggest Everclear, however I'm in Australia and the strongest alcohol we have is 80% and super expensive.

I've read a couple posts in the past saying they were successful mixing etiz with 40% alcohol but I've seen plenty more posts claiming it wouldn't mix completely. Anyone have some first hand experience? I'm new to volumetric dosing and poor as fuck, so I don't want to risk wasting the 100mg. I have all the tools ready

The 60% water is enough to fuck the solubility entirely. Don't bother with "normal" vodka etc, it doesn't work well.

Use glycerine if you are scared of PG, I bet it should work equally well. But propylene glycol isn't regarded as being majorly ototoxic (to my knowledge) nor should you be dosing etizolam by dropping it in your/other's ears (save that for Macbeth re-enactments), so that should be fine.

Something like peanut oil, sunflower oil, any other light flavorless cooking oil should dissolve etiz too, with gentle heat.

In a real pinch you can use undenatured 99% isopropanol, just make sure you keep it so you don't ingest more than ~1mL. Acetone might work too - there was a paper on using acetone for Salvia divinorum tinctures, and it has way higher solubility for stuff and yet is tolerable on the tox scale (little more toxic than ethanol, but that's easily offset by the fact you take way less of it).

The 60% water is enough to fuck the solubility entirely. Don't bother with "normal" vodka etc, it doesn't work well.

Use glycerine if you are scared of PG, I bet it should work equally well. But propylene glycol isn't regarded as being majorly ototoxic (to my knowledge) nor should you be dosing etizolam by dropping it in your/other's ears (save that for Macbeth re-enactments), so that should be fine.

Something like peanut oil, sunflower oil, any other light flavorless cooking oil should dissolve etiz too, with gentle heat.

In a real pinch you can use undenatured 99% isopropanol, just make sure you keep it so you don't ingest more than ~1mL. Acetone might work too - there was a paper on using acetone for Salvia divinorum tinctures, and it has way higher solubility for stuff and yet is tolerable on the tox scale (little more toxic than ethanol, but that's easily offset by the fact you take way less of it).

Awesome info, thanks!

actually if I were to use glycerine, which I hear is thick (might make dosing hard), would I then be able to thin out the solution with vodka or another strong alcohol to thin the solution, or would it mess it up?

also no plans of sticking anything down my ear haha :p just worried i still might experience some systemic effects of the regular PG ingestion, which is silly I know given such a low dose but I'm just erring on the side of caution because my hearing is already messed up

Not to mention that mixing benzo's with other Gabaergic depressants is a great way to asphyxiate yourself. Not that such a small amount of Ethanol would even have enough of an effect on you to matter, but this is BL and this website is about HR so...

actually if I were to use glycerine, which I hear is thick (might make dosing hard), would I then be able to thin out the solution with vodka or another strong alcohol to thin the solution, or would it mess it up?

Why does the solution have to be a liquid? What's wrong with Etizolam powder? Other than storing the drug for a long time - I can't see any reason why people need to dissolve benzos in something. With that being said - what's wrong with PG, PEG, or even Vegetable Glycerine?

To answer your question though... no! You'll just taint the mixture and end up with some terrible tasting (or ass burning) etizolam.

I dissolve mine in a smaller volume of warm PEG 400 first using one of those little hand held milk frothing whisks. It's much thinner than PG so easier to work with, it's more expensive though hence the small amount. I then add that mixture to PG to get the total volume up to the desired level and whisk again. There tend to be some stubborn particles left after that so I place the jar in a warm water bath in an ultrasonic cleaner and let it go through a few rounds in that. It's normally all dissolved by that point but I still shake the mixture thoroughly before dosing as I suspect that it's still partly a suspension rather than a full solution. High proof alcohol also works in lieu of PEG, Wray and Nephew rum for example is around 80% and does the job. I've also had success with strong gin. I quite like the alcohol method as it makes it smell and taste more like a medicine. I often add some aniseed flavouring to achieve this same effect. I wouldn't want it discovered and drunk by someone unaware of the contents. My jar has a poison label on it as well.

Dissolving dirrectly in PG is quite time consuming and VG I've found impossible to work with as its so thick. Dissolving in a thinner solvent first makes things much easier.

On a side note I don't think it's a great idea to work with a benzo in straight powder form. Especially one that's active at a single milligram level. I make my solutions at a 1mg per ml strength. The maths is easy and the dosing is very accurate which is much better from a HR point of view. Unless you have massive tolerance and double digit doses measuring the powder would be very inaccurate and could lead to much higher doses than intended.

Eh? In my expience, it dissolves in 45% ABV vodka at a ratio of 3ml/mg just fine. Etizolam is soluble in ethanol, vodka is 40-45% ethanol, and ethanol is miscible in water. Unless I'm mistaken, Etizolam dissolved in ethanol will, as such, be equally dissolved within a homogeneous solution.
Agitate it in a heat bath (running water) for thirty minutes; I never noticed variation in concentration storing the mixture at room temperature for a number of months.

Addionally, the amount of ethanol present in a given Etizolam dose within reasonable recreational levels will, at the most, be only slightly more than two-thirds of a standard drink (that being 1.5oz of 80 proof/40ABV spirit)
Worth noting and considering when calculating dosage, but hardly enough to disregard the use of ethanol entirely!

Last edited:
I agree with the above. As I said, gin works. I use ecigs though so have plenty of the other solvents to hand whereas I don't drink much these days so bottles of booze are rarely around. I'd prefer to mix the alcohol or PEG with PG though due to it being less likely to become infected with something nasty than a water solution. I also give things a shake before dosing just on the off chance there's been a hotspot formed and I'm a bit OCD :) It's no doubt fine with just ethanol and water with no shaking. It just eases my mind a bit going with PG and giving it a shake before using.

The hand mixer and ultrasonic cleaner just speed things up a bit and saves on running hot water over the container for a lengthy period of time. Again these are all things I own anyway due to mixing my own eliquid so doubtless not essential but they do speed the process up IMO.

How about the long term stability of Etiz in alcohol solutions like everclear. Has the solution/drug stayed active and not lost potency? I worry that maybe the alcohol could degrade this drug but I am just basing that off conjecture.

How about the long term stability of Etiz in alcohol solutions like everclear. Has the solution/drug stayed active and not lost potency? I worry that maybe the alcohol could degrade this drug but I am just basing that off conjecture.

Not that I ever noticed?
Though, in the interest of full disclosure, by the time I got close to finishing a 250mg bottle (750mls vodka), I tended to require such high doses that it was difficult to tell how much/little potency may have been lost.
*However* alcohol is used to preserve a great many things, including (if memory serves correctly) some USP intravenous injection solutions? I would be surprised if it did break down, I have other substances preserved in alcohol that have kept potency for a looooooong time
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, though, plz

Some great advice here guys. Have some PG, Glycerine and some 40% alcohol at hand now. Will let you know how I go about making my solution and whether I mess it up or not.

Most probably just going to mix it straight into the alcohol, about 100mg:50ml or 100mg:100ml

Ah I missed your bit about having 100mg. Straight to alcohol should be no problem. I was talking mixing gram amounts which is where bulking out with PG becomes useful. Good luck mate, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Why does the solution have to be a liquid? What's wrong with Etizolam powder? Other than storing the drug for a long time - I can't see any reason why people need to dissolve benzos in something.

Most people lack a scale that measures ~1mg doses accurately (you'd really need a 0.0001g scale to do so) so instead you dissolve it all into a liquid of known volume, yielding a solution of a known, constant concentration, which you can more easily measure doses out with (e.g. using a 1ml syringe, or diluting it to ~1mg per teaspoon, or whatever)

I've had my Etiz dissolved in vodka, took a bunch of heat but it's definitely still active. Fully dissolved too, so no bits of the powder floating around.

But yeah getting it in was a bitch, took my like an hour to get it all in there. Something else might be a better choice

So I gave it a crack last night.

Used regular 40abv vodka. I mixed 100mg etiz into 50ml vodka.

Seems to have mostly dissolved, had no issues with clumping or anything, and the solution seems clear in the day light. However when I shine light through the bottle of my beaker I can see super small particles floating around like snow globe. I've run it under some hot tap water while swirling the solution but it still seems the same - do I need to continue with the hot water? Also note that I might have gotten some dust into the mix (dropped some etiz on desk and had to scoop up to salavge)

Last edited:
It's best to heat it until it goes totally clear.

One of those hand milk frothers will speed up dissolving the stubborn bits. They're only a couple of quid, put your container in a warm bath and mix the shit out of it. I've never had much success with hot water alone. Those small particles are also the reason I shake before I dose as I definitely feel like some of it becomes a suspension rather than a true solution.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've botched this

So had no success getting a completely clear mixture with the vodka, would stir and stir in hot water batch but whenever I would flash my camera light underneath the contain I could still see particles floating around (some of it obviously dust)

So I decided that maybe adding PG would salvage it, so I put about 20ml of PG and again applied heat and stirred. So I had 20ml of PG, 50ml of vodka and 100mg etiz in the solution and stirred continously. I even got the milk frother like someone else suggested (really useful btw!) but I still can't break it down into a completely clear solution. Been heating it so much that I think the alcohol evapovated and my solution is roughly around 50ml (20ml pg, 30 vodka - possibly) - anyway might try add a bunch more PG tomorrow (50ml) and then try heat it and then stir with the milk frother again but if I can't get a completely clear solution I might just bin it. Ugh.

Next time I think I will just stick to pure PG, or something like 151 or another super strong alcohol beverage available in Australia (pricey though) - god damn shame though. Was so keen on using this etiz :( Will let you know if I have any success

I made my solution from 95% alcohol Gemclear. It came out alright, but I believe some has evaporated despite proper storage. Or maybe I took more and don't remember. Anyways, it dissolved easily into a 2mg/mL solution. In the future, I'll likely use another liquid though, as I really don't think I took more than I recall :p definitely hard to keep from evaporating.