• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best (OTC) Medication to combine with your Oxycodone or Opiates in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixies

Bluelighter
So, after being taken off the typical prescribed drugs of things like Percocet and Vicodin (Oxycodone and Hydrocodone w/ [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Acetaminophen aka Aspirin), I am no just on straight IR Oxycodone 15/30mg (Roxys), no Acetaminophen or anything that prevents someone from taking too many in one day, in fear of liver damage after 4+grams of Acetaminophen in a 24 hour period. I've taken close to, if not, gone over on that amount, only a few times in my life, early into my treatment with narcotic opiates being prescribed. It definitely comes with a very "blah" feeling at the end of the day.

My question is, what over the counter pain medication would be best for taking occasionally with my doses of Oxy, everyday? I feel like the blood thinning aspect of these medications can definitely "enhance" or "improve" upon the the effect, for these types of opiates. Right now, I occasionally take x2 Advil (200mg each), a little before dosing, with a small amount of food to save the lining of my stomach, and keep me from getting nausea from taking either medication on an empty stomach. Anyone have any suggestions on what other medications and what doses should help with this? I'm currently on 180mg of Oxycodone a day. Broken up into usually about 3-4 doses. Just curious if anyone has personal experience with one or the other, or may just have some knowledge of these types of interactions? I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to share some info. on this. Thanks guys and gals, for any help at all!

- P
[/FONT]

Man, I take 1/2 a 1mg Xanax, and it gets me nodding so good. Using them to mainly to sleep on those restless nights. Taking them just works so well for me, especially an hour or more after or before taking my opiate doses. It's a little scary to think about, almost needing* that, to get that same effect, no matter how much Oxy I take. Especially because I was was on Klonopin for a while before switching back to Xanax. Which has a much a shorter half life than the Klonopin, but works much better for me, as you can tell. I've never gotten the feelings I get on Xanax, on Klonopin. I hope I can continue to take them, but keep it scaled back to just like 1/2 a mg, without ever losing control, assuming I don't have a panic attack or anything that would count as an exception.

This is not a get high thread. Utfse or roll with what you got. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.