• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pro Kratom Newsweek Article

Mycophile

Bluelighter
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

There's also a video from a war veteran who uses Kratom and talks about how benign it is and how much it has helped him which is worth watching, although it seems like there must be a longer version somewhere and that it gets cut off halfway through so if there is in fact a longer version of the video that anyone else finds then please post it:

http://www.newsweek.com/dea-list-kratom-schedule-i-effectively-outlawing-herbal-supplement-495144

I am mystified as to why Kratom is to be banned ; and I believe already so in Australia . But , like most [ all ? ] of the banned substances such legislation is enacted by folk who would never use them , nor have any idea as to the true nature of these drugs .

There is a synthetic derivative of kratom being investigated and possibly patented currently. Pharma doesn't want competition.

In a notice published August 31 in the Federal Register, the DEA makes the case that kratom needs to undergo emergency drug scheduling, saying that “such action is necessary to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety.” The listing would be temporary, lasting between one and three years, and during this time the DEA could decide to permanently schedule the substance or rescind the ban.

Has the FDA ever once actually rescinded the ban once a substance has gone under emergency scheduling?

Interesting. I went and signed the petition even though I'm not a user and don't plan to (it has already reached it's goal, but I signed anyway) and saw that there was another one to "Remove the power of scheduling from the DEA." and it only had 2,000 signatures! (expired today)

you would think that petition would have gotten as many or more as the one for Kratom

Has the FDA ever once actually rescinded the ban once a substance has gone under emergency scheduling?

Yes, TFMPP.

1-(3-trifluoromethylphenyl)-piperazine.png

I think they emergency scheduled ephedrine at one point, but then let the scheduling expire on that one

The DEA attributes 15 deaths to kratom between 2014 and 2016

In 2014 alone alcohol killed 30,722 and that doesn't include drunk driving.

Can't have people enjoying and treating themselves with cheaper, healthier, alternatives can we. Ones that don't have lobbyists with millions of dollars.

This is actually very true:
The DEA noted that since users obtain kratom “through unknown sources, the identity, purity, and quantity of these substances are uncertain and inconsistent, thus posing significant adverse health risks to users.”

This is actually very true:
The DEA noted that since users obtain kratom “through unknown sources, the identity, purity, and quantity of these substances are uncertain and inconsistent, thus posing significant adverse health risks to users.”

That's only more proof that it should be regulated but NOT scheduled.

Why shouldn't we be allowed to take the risks we want with our own bodies??

Why should the government tell me what I can and can't put in my body and imprison me over my choice to??

I've ordered form many vendors and always liked the product.

You definitely have some kind of anti-Kratom agenda and I don't understand this.

You actually WANT it to be illegal??

WHY??

I thought every blue light user was smart enough not to want ANY drug to be criminalized and for it's users to be imprisoned.

I guess you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Go join the DEA.

They need your kind.

I just called my congressman/respresentative's office today and spoke with one of my representative's staff members about Kratom and shared the entire story and he was extremely polite and said he would mail me back a response.

Call (202) 224-3121 and ask for your representative's number and they'll ask you for your zip code and then tell them to sign the Pocan/Salmon Dear Colleague Letter (make sure to spell out the name of the letter so they don't get it wrong) and how 130,000 people have already signed a petition to the White House to stop Kratom's ban and if you want you can share your story and tell why it is so wrong that they are trying to ban Kratom.

He said I wasn't the first person in my area to call about this issue.

THIS IS THE FIRST THING LIKE THIS I'VE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE!!

It felt good to do, regardless of whether or not I make an impact.

PLEASE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS PHONE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE ASAP!!!

People are saying it must be done by 4:30PM so you have HALF AN HOUR Eastern Standard Time or I guess 2-3 hours if you are on the West Coast depending on your area.

DON"T DELAY!!!

(But even if you DO miss that deadline I'd suggest you KEEP calling!!!)

WE MIGHT be able to make a difference!!

2. Call the DEA
Yes, they are listening! The DEA is now asking people what their position is on this action.

Please call this number and leave a message stating yours! 202-353-1417

Can we still do this as of tomorrow? (September 25th??)

I have to admit, calling the DEA would make me a bit nervous.

I had no problem calling and speaking with someone at my representative's office, but the DEA is evil IMO.

And why the hell would the DEA care??

I don't believe they do at all or are considering changing anything or they wouldn't be doing this in the first place.

There is a synthetic derivative of kratom being investigated and possibly patented currently. Pharma doesn't want competition.

Yup there is one called Oliceridine that is going through phase 3 trials right now, so yeah this ban is being pushed by big pharma. Fuck the satanic DEA, this ban is going to make millions of people in the middle of their detox to go back to drugs like Heroin, suboxone and methadone. All those drugs are insanely addictive and horrendous to withdrawal from, kratom is a miracle plant that can get you clean a lot easier then trying to go through sub or mdone w/ds..