• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids question about hydro and oxy combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeorr4444

Greenlighter
I know the whole formula of oxy being 1.5 of hydro, but my question is, if I take them in combination, will I achieve the same affects? They are different drugs after all. For example, to catch a buzz I need to take 50 mg's of hydro. So, if I took two 15mg's of oxy and one 10 mg of hydro would I get the same high as if I took just the 50 mg's of hydro? I have both, but if take them in combination, I can stretch them farther.

Thanks!

It depends on how long you've had that tolerance level, how you respond to oxy in general, and your ROA (and relating factors). In the light of harm reduction I'd say do a CWE when you're hitting those numbers regardless because you don't wanna OD with APAP. I mean you don't wanna OD regardless but 4000mg in a 24 hour time span or frequent high doses is bad stuff. Your other math is close enough but for me oxy hit a lil different and so was not as necessary to use as much, especially insufflating or potentiating it orally. Not sure on your ROA but if intensity is more important than duration I would start with one 15mg insufflated and know in a few minutes (5-15 roughly before the euphoria hit) if you even need to use that much and save the rest. If oral is your ROA I'd use the same 15mg oxy alone on an empty stomach, eat fatty/spicy food a half hour later and enjoy the comeup at about the hour mark. You can add more but you can't undo it too easy. If your tolerance is up there even what you're proposing isn't unheard of but if you are new to oxy I would not combine them until you know what your personal response to it is.

Thanks for the response. I'm more looking for a duration of chill/good mood than a super euphoria. I prefer to take them orally. I had been hitting the norcs pretty hard for the past 8 months or so, taking 5 at a time once a day, sometimes twice. So when I got my hands on this oxy, I figured my liver would thank me for it and maybe try the combo. I just didn't want to waste it if they didn't act in the same fashion when combined, ya know?

Last edited:
Similar but not identical drugs. They convert differently and vary some in receptor affinity. To me they did have slight differences (with irritability on comedown with hydro so I much preferred oxy). They combined well enough but oxy solo was my preference for the same reason, smoother high but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to put ice cubes in bottled water either. Meaning if I had both I'd enjoy them separate. And when my tolerance is reasonably in the range you cited 30mg oxy potentiated was sufficient for a good run for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.