• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [The Age] 28/04/03 - 'Fears as more use 'super speed' drug'

Its still just just meth amphetamine. However in a slightly more purfied form. I don't understand the hype really. Speed an speed junkies have been around for quite sometime. Sounds more like a media scare to me "SUPER SPEED"... sheesh. Its still the same substance.

However, it should be noted that problems could arise from people taking a large dosage unknowingly. 8(

^^true, chemically no different...

however i have seen lots of ppl skitz out on crystal that are regular meth users and never had problems before. use with caution

the higher the purity the better in my opinon. a much better option than adulterated drugs cut with all kinds of shit...

Customs seizures of crystal methamphetamines jumped from 971 grams in 1997-98 to more than 154 kilos in 2001-02.

Wow! That's a dramatic increase of seizures. I wonder how much the usage levels have increased in comparison...

is ice crystal meth, or a completely different drug?
i was under the impression that ice was slang for meth, but its actually another drug? could someone clear this up for me please :)

Ice is sometimes the name given to 4-methylaminorex, its also the 'street name' for crystal methamphetamine. These are 2 completely different chemicals do a search in this forum it's been brought up many times before and I'm not even going to go there again because I've been shot down before ;)

I think the problem being aluded to here is more the fact that the crystal meth that is becoming more common now comes in the purer crystal form which is becoming more commonly smoked unlike a few years ago when powdered speed was more common and would only be snorted or injected. Smoking seems to be a lot more addictive and can seem to play with ones mind more.

[Edit: I slightly changed the chemical names to be blindingly obvious. Erowid has info on both methamphetamines and 4-methylaminorex. There is also a thread in this forum called "My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine" which may be of some help... BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came out of a 4 day binge on ice and AIN'T NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!!!

(although i was on 4MAR) Eitherway, I'm not taking a drug that i can lose control of so easily...

The big hype is because "normal speed" in its uncut form is usally max 25% pure. It also contains impurities which will make u very sick if too much is consumed. Its hard to let this get out of hand.

"Ice" (i hate the term but hey) is up to 95% pure stuff...that will NOT make you sick. You can have binges providing caution is taken on the dosage... if smoked, 20mg will give a high, few of us have ever experienced. Won't last as long as when snorted though. Maximum dose for experienced IV users is not more than 50mg. I've seen junkies cough and pass out on 50mg - and luckily come back...

Binges = meth psycosis. Its hard to have a binge on anything other than crystal.

That is the danger my friends...few of us realise just how strong speed can get.

On a side topic, why have I never in years heard of a 4-MAR seizure or heard of anyone having it, or seen it or even remotelly hearing of it existence in Australia other from some kids on bluelight that have read too much on the internet. Well maybe because it doesn't exists. I know that the appearance and the effects of high purity meth can easily be mistaken for 4-MAR. I think this is the case. On many occasions I've been sold ICE with DD saying this is "REAL" ice, and its different shit...etc.. and it was always medium quality (25%-35%) meth.

so what would a smoked 20mg dose of good crystal meth do? the 'Ice' i have been buying feels exactly like the Erowid reports of what 4MAR feels like. VERY clear headed, slight euphoria at higher doses and above all, CLARITY. Makes you feel like a 10 000 word essay could be fun. On the other hand meth makes me run around like eminem being chased by a gay pride parade...

I really want to know what i have been smoking if it ain't 4MAR...

You should test the substance with an ez tester. At least you can rule out that it is an amphetimine if it doesn't react.

Thank you Runner and Wazza. Completely agree with everything u guys said.

Its highly highly unlikely anyone is currently having 4-MAR; its also probable that they never have.

Do not attempt to use the effects listed on Erowid as justification that something sold as Ice and looks like Ice, is anything other than very pure methylamphetamine.
Whilst Erowid is very reliable, how are we sure the trip reports for 4-MAR are not actually also methamphetamine.

If u acquire some ice, please test it. Everyone here would LOVE to know the reaction so we can get a statistical idea of what we are dealing with. Methamphetamine will react, 4-MAR almost certainly will not, or at least not turn orange/brown.

Also when testing the ice crush it up and test the resulting powdered crystals - the reaction will be faster and clearer.

In the same way the Extreme tester has largely proven most of Australian street "speed" is meth, getting more "ice" test results, even if its just the EZ marquis test, will i am sure, result in a similar finding.

Ice, as in crystal meth, is generally imported from South East Asia and Burma - we know from the police and other sources that its methylamphetamine thats been made and exported in massive quantities. If it was something other than that, e.g a new "mystery, power, super stimulant, thats not an amphetamine but something far more sinister (actually it possibly is tamer imo) then there would be far more media attention and controversy.

Saying that its strange more 4-MAR is not made - its insanely easy to synthesise from only 2 chemicals, which if someone has the ability to source meth chemicals, could certainly source these.

Why is it not made then? - probably as hardly anyone knows of it, and if imo it has less effect on dopamine compared to meth. Dopamine is what will make a drug psychologically addictive - its the pleasure chemical in our brain. Meth, cocaine, nicotine, gambling = all dopamine related.
If 4-MAR is not as addicitive as meth, and i am speculating here, then drug barons would not make it as its less likely to lead to the same dependence which sky rockets demand, making them even wealthier.

Until someone gets a test result on this board, its safe, IMO, to assume any "ice", is methamphetamine.
And as Runner said, BE FUCKING CAREFUL. You will think u are on top of it and in charge - it could not be further from the truth; it can dominate you, and you will not even realise it.

Right on about testing biscuit... i'd like to know if 4-MAR will change to any colour. As you mentioned it will most certainly not turn Marquise orange as it is not listed in the technical chart for Marquise and chemically does not resemble methamphetamine much. (for technical chart search for "street knowledge" and "Runner" as i believe someone made a smart arse comment with those words in it once to me and posted the tech chart - cheers again for that mate whoever you were :)

Incidenatlly, that arguement which I think that person thought they won was whether you can tell the difference between methamphetamine and amphetamine with marquise. They said you could, I said you can't...they were kinda right because the tech chart says something like bright orange for one and deep orange for the other, but later I read a cop field training manual that said you can't.

It is also interesting to note that according to the tech chart, crushed up sugar will turn marquise brown and it does!!!

Even more interesting is that pure Pseudoephedrine WILL ALSO turn marquise orange brown!!! And so will Phenylalanine!!! This IS NOT listed on the tech chart!!! However, it may be expected since the chemical structure is very similar.

Runner said:
Maximum dose for experienced IV users is not more than 50mg. I've seen junkies cough and pass out on 50mg - and luckily come back...
Are you serious? We are talking about the clear shards of meth (often called ice here in OZ), yeah?
I usually go 100mg, I have done 200mg, and I am not a 'junkie', In fact I only use amphs once every 10-14 days, often less.
Amphs are notoriously hard to OD on (nigh impossible), and I have never had any probs. Sure 100mg is a nice rush, but nothing anyone couldnt handle, I suspect.
200mg is a HELL rush, but still bearable (just).
Have you IV'd it? I suspect not.....

(no offense, I just think your figures are a little off)

Please keep in mind the HUGE differences in purity that are common with street drugs. Speed/meth (and heroin) on the street could potentially vary from 0% - 100% pure, though the normal ranges quoted are of the order of 5%-75% purity. This means your shit could be different from their shit.

Always start low, I always assume that anything I've not tried yet could be at least twice as strong as anything I've ever seen before.

BigTrancer :)

I'm glad somone spoke up about how my comments seem off. I hope as many ppl read this as possible.

50mg of around 85% is about the right dose for a junkie of about 25 years of almost every day use. ie. after having a shot, you won't feel like another one for a while. I don't back up anything I say with experiences because they all came in a dream to me once, but I hope everyone that reads this takes note.

As for ODing, it is VERY easy to OD. It is not common to die of a meth overdose, but passing out, seizures and real bad experiences are very common.

On a side note, i've dreamt of a junkie bang a half weight of good looking rock and be off their chops loving it, and the same junkie another time having just over half a point and feeling like they might just have had a little too much.

I've also smoked over a point of rock to give minimal effects and another time smoked about a sixth of a point (~15mg) and was well fucked for a good couple of hours)

So like BT mentioned, quality varies, so one must be careful. But if you say you think 100mg of the stuff you get is a nice ride, you are probably getting gear a lot better than others anyways and if you doubled your dose by suddenly getting gear twice as good, you are unlikelly to OD. but might not have the best time in the world :) However if you, like many others are used to getting a half gram of smelly yuky stuff of your very knowledgable and freindly DD who says its the best, uncut, base, import, real ice, kuta, sha bu that noone else can get, splitting it with your mate and shooting, you might be in a bit of trouble if you suddenly get stuff 4 times as good.

^^^ From what I know, ice (clear methamhetamine shards) in Melbourne have been of pretty consistent quality so far, usually around 80%-95%, as opposed to other forms of speed which can be of highly questionable purity.
I think a 50mg hit everyday would do more to quell psychologic cravings than anything else in someone with high tolerance (I have in the past built up high tolerances to amphs)

As far as OD'ing, well I was reffering to the possibility of death, which is extremely rare in people without heart conditions. Psychosis however.........=D

I know someone who IV'd 500+mgs of that clear shard meth at once... by his account I'd say he had a pretty bad overdose. He went into convulsions and ended up passing out for several hours but he's still alive and kicking (though I'd hate to imagine the effects that would have had on his liver and kidneys and whatnot)

From what I know, ice (clear methamhetamine shards) in Melbourne have been of pretty consistent quality so far, usually around 80%-95%, as opposed to other forms of speed which can be of highly questionable purity.

can i ask where your pulling these figures? not that i think its necessarily incorrect, but i hope its based on a legitimate source and not here say...

Cowboy Mac said:
can i ask where your pulling these figures? not that i think its necessarily incorrect, but i hope its based on a legitimate source and not here say...

From the Age article in the thread title:
Superintendent Biggin said police intelligence showed that local drug syndicates were moving away from traditional amphetamines and experimenting with producing ecstasy and ice.
He said ice was often sold at up to 90 per cent pure.

From http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/s65577.htm
DAMIAN CARRICK: It's not like normal amphetamines though, it's much stronger isn't it?
INSPECTOR REID: It's a lot stronger. It's usually up around the 80 per cent mark in purity which of course makes it a lot more volatile, a lot more dangerous.

These are both referrng ice in Melbourne.
If you have any info showing lower figures, please show me, as I have never seen lower figures reported, and the quality of all the ice I have tried (from a few sources) has been consistent with these high figures.