• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Paroxetine (SSRI) blocks Kratom!!!

strity1994

Bluelighter
I reinstated Paxil for the second time, and once again, Kratom stopped working. This blows.

If you are taking antidepressant medication, research to see if it affects the CYP2D6 liver enzyme.
Just go to GOOGLE and type: "(your medication) CYP2D6"

Many AD inhibit that liver enzymer so you must dose higher to achieve the same effect as someone that is not taking any meds. Paxil is the worst as it blocks 99% of kratom effect.

That's strange because FOR ME Lexapro, which is also an SSRI, does not, and neither did Prozac which is also an SSRI.

Doesn't matter anymore though.

I don't know for sure if I'll stock up, but more and more I'm thinking I might just let Kratom go.

I very much doubt that in a year I'll be craving Kratom anymore, probably a lot less time than that even.

It'll be nothing be a fond memory that passes after a few seconds and then I'll hopefully be occupied with something else...better yet, something that's not even a DRUG!! (GASP!)

That's strange because FOR ME Lexapro, which is also an SSRI, does not, and neither did Prozac which is also an SSRI.

Doesn't matter anymore though.

I don't know for sure if I'll stock up, but more and more I'm thinking I might just let Kratom go.

I very much doubt that in a year I'll be craving Kratom anymore, probably a lot less time than that even.

It'll be nothing be a fond memory that passes after a few seconds and then I'll hopefully be occupied with something else...better yet, something that's not even a DRUG!! (GASP!)
Lexapro has a decent side effect profile. I used to take Effexor, and I didn't have this problem. Only AD that affect liver enzymes are problematic. I know Luvox is no good. Zoloft partially dulls the effect of Kratom as well. Paxil is the very worst as it is the most potent sSRI