• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Using GHB as drug blood test cover up, is it true?

MOTOMAN

Bluelighter
Yesterday I was told a story about a guy that was quite interesting and I thought I would share it here.

A friend of my mates was at the last summer dayz, he had pills, coke and smoked alot of pot that night. He was dancing his arse off and was thirsty for a drink and saw a guy with a bottle of water that he was dancing next to and asked if he could have a drink (yeah, I know, dickhead, your asking for trouble sharing drinks with people you don't know, for this reason). The guy himself was off his face and by accident gave him a bottle of very concentrated GHB. He took a few gulps and then realised what it was. Within 30 mins he had to get to the ambulance and was rushed to hospital. He went into a coma for 8 hours and luckily came out of it, the doctors said it was only because he was so fit that he made it.

Now, the doctors took a blood test from him to see what he had that night and nothing came up, not even the pot. I don't think they could even detect the GHB itself. Now can anyone confirm this because I thought this was pretty amazing. I always heard about body builders taking ghb but I never thought it was to cover up the steroids.

Anyone else heard of this?

Last edited:
Putting yourself into a coma to pass a blood test? Sounds dumb on a whole bunch of levels. I haven't researched this as I wouldn't know where to start, but from my knowledge of blood tests and of GHB I can pretty safely say this is bullshit.

What probably happened was the guy, who sounds sketchy enough as it is, was told they couldn't find GHB in his system, which is common enough as it falls away to background levels incredibly fast, and his addled brain thought this meant they couldn't find any drugs there. Either that or they simply didn't test for anything else, because remember that tests are done for specific drugs. They don't just bring back a full ingrediants list of your blood. If they had been told what he had taken chances are they didn't do a full screen as they were too busy making the idiot be able to breath by himself.

There is no way that GHB is going to mask anything in your system. I wouldn't want this to start as a rumour.

Oh and the body builder thing had nothing to do with masking steroids. It was taken because one study showed that GHB heightened the levels of hGh (human growth hormone) in your body, but no other studies could replicate this, nor was there any proof that the increased levels of hGh had any real affect on body mass. I reckon the most likely reason it became so hugely popular in bodybuilding circles is that most of them are narcissistic fucks who get horny while watching themselves in those full length mirrors...

To re-iterate: Overdosing on GHB will not mask anything in your system.

GHB will not mask anything in a drug test. Also drug tests have to specifically look for SOMETHING, they can't just randomly test and say 'ah ha! you've had x, y, and z this weekend'. Perhaps they tested for certain drugs that might have knocked him out, like benzodiazepines (rohypnol et al)?

BigTrancer :)

I want to reiterate what jb said here:
Either that or they simply didn't test for anything else, because remember that tests are done for specific drugs. They don't just bring back a full ingrediants list of your blood
Even in suspected or confirmed drug overdose cases, clinicians often won't do a drug screen. I think there are a few reasons for this:

1) if the presentation of the OD is typical, and the person is being managed OK, a screen won't change their magagement, which is basically what is known as 'supportive'. This means if someone is unconscious, they will be monitored, if they aren't breathing well they will be intubated etc. There is no specific antidote for most recreational drugs (excluding of course opiates and benzodiazepines), so knowing the drug usually won't change the care given.

2) drug screens are expensive. Most labs take a few days to return urine drug screens in my experience, and blood levels of obscure shit like GHB would often have to be sent outside to another lab, which would take days. By which time the OD'ed dude is either a)discharged or b) dead, so, it would be pointless.

Posted by JB

Putting yourself into a coma to pass a blood test? Sounds dumb on a whole bunch of levels.

Let me just say I was NOT refering to people to OD on it to cover up anything.....don't go jumping the gun. I was just talking about the drug in general. Maybe one dose might have done the same thing, if it was true but obviously if your right about it then they didn't test for the drugs properly.

That's all I wanted to see if this was true or not or if anyone else had heard about it.

Close the thread if you wish just so some people don't get the wrong idea, I wouldn't want to be the main reason for someone fucking themselves up, it's up to you mods.

I edited my report above just in case people took it the wrong way.