• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diclazepam and phenibut for gabapentin WD

DementiaSavantPlus

Bluelighter
I have been taking gabapentin for about 10 years, and my current dose is 1500 mg per day. I normally take roughly this amount each day, but sometimes 1200 or 2100 mg

I notice that when I have been on a phenibut regimen, my need for gabapentin decreases. That is, I am not so aware if the gabapentin "interdose" withdrawals.

I want to quit gabapentin to simply no longer have to deal with its negative impact on my cognitive reflexes, and to simply not be dependent on a medication to the extent of a 10 year development of tolerance. It is no longer ceasing the anxiety/depression that it so wonderfully obliterated years ago.

My question is, would using diclazapem and phenibut help at all with gabapentin withdrawals as I taper the dosage?

I have about 20g of phenibut powder and 50mg of diclazapem solution. This is in addition to about 1/3 of my gabapentin month's prescription remaining. It is my last refill and my doctor is demanding that I make an appointment to continue on the medication.

Yeah another gabapentinoid should prevent you from experiencing any wd.. So watch your dosage, if you're tapering the gabapentin, you don't want to take too much phenibut to be counter productive. I would try to taper without using the phenibut, or at least as little as possible.. Gabapentin causes the body to have low magnesium levels, so start taking a good magnesium supplement, this will help the intensity and duration of your wd. Also drink kava tea! it 'resets' gaba tolerance.

- Hopeless Soul

Thank you much for the response. I have used gabapentin to taper with for phenibut withdrawal before. And I have also used a liquid "ionic" magnesium that some claim completely prevent WD from gabapentin. The latter actually worked pretty well, but I only got down to 900 mg. Thanks for reminding, I will have to add that back in.