• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Not much effect from 120mg codeine CWE - prescription drugs getting in the way?

pokego393

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm 40yo, male, weight is 85kg (most of that is fat hahah).

I have been on 3x 200mg pregabalin (Lyrica) + 20mg escitalopram (
Lexapro) for about a year now, being treated for generalized anxiety disorder. I'm experienced with benzos but 10mg of valium (diazepam) will still 'relax' me (no euphoria though).

I wanted to experiment with something new so I took CWE 120mg of Codeine using 30/500 (
apap) co-codamol (pharmacy grade, from a script).

I tried twice now. I do get a bit of a feeling of being more relaxed although less than 15mg valium would make me feel. I do get slightly more drowsy, and I get a slight headache around the 1h30 mark (which goes away quickly). I tried listening to music and it's hard to tell if the pleasure I get from it is not just placebo and just lying down nicely in a quiet, darkened room.

Do you think either the SSRIs or the pregabalin is getting in the way of a good buzz? Am I too fat for 120mg to matter? Or maybe I had inflated expectation as to what 120mg of codeine would do? I was hoping for some kind of comfy, warm, pleasant experience with enhanced pleasure taken from listening to music, alongside with distinct euphoria.

Thank you. Also if you have good recommendations for euphoria/relaxing drugs that work well alongside my prescription it would be really appreciated :)

A lot of people get no effects from codeine, because of a gene mutation making them slow metablizers. Codeine is a pro-drug and needs to be metabolized to morphin, so if the metabolism is really slow you won't feel much/anything.
This or you fucked up the CWE