• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide, kratom, and tolerance

DarkBlueLetters

Greenlighter
I took lope 2 days ago for a body high. I know that most people say you have to wait at least 3 days to re-dose, and I totally agree, but I wanted to buy some kratom today before work. Do my question is- will I need a higher dose of kratom for it to work since my lope dose was so soon? Will it work at all?

it should work fine.How much loperamide did you take?

Last edited:
I took 130mg. I picked up the kratom.. Its meaong dong (sp?) And in capsules. Tried 8 no effect and a total of 11 capsules after. Still no effect.

You should probably give up and wait a few days, then retry the Kratom. Sounds like you would need an amount, that is much to high to be feesible. It is healthier to give it a rest.

Man, that's wild that loperamide can actually create a blocking effect like that. I mean, I've taken dosages like that before and then got high the next day no problem-of course, that was with IV heroin or methadone, not kratom. But still, I've never even gotten a real 'high' off of 'lope.

This loperamide blocking thing is maybe like constantly redosing with heroin- at some point there's just no rush. I took a bunch of tramadol a day after lope and got no effect. Lope is just not worth it anymore. Just a shitty body high

Damn that's a lot of immodium!

^ and as far as Loperamide having a blocking effect....i'm pretty sure the only thing it can block is you're sphincter, and maybe you're toilet!

It doesn't act in the CNS, or cross the BBB, I don't believe. So I don't think it could block any CNS active opioids, if that's what you mean. It may bind more strongly in the gut than other opiates...but IDK because IME 20mg hydro provides the G.I. calming of at least 4 immodium.
But I suppose the CNS effects of the hydro make it much more noticeable.

One thing I have tried to lower my tolerance is to exercise. After a long run, taking kratom seems to effect me much more then the same dose without a workout prior.

I agree with that I use immodium for WDs and its good for that but only 4 or 5 ...2 mg tabs
The amount you took will def BLOCK something on your person !! lol
Give it another day ..or maybe your Kratom is no good

Well I tried kratom today 12 capsules.. Estimating it to be 6 grams. Did. Not. Work! Today is day 3 since the loperamide. Maybe one more day? I've tried kratom in the past with no result. Any chance it just doesn't work in some ppl?

I read the half life to be about 11 hours but it varies slightly by like plus or minus 3 hours.. and with my huge dose of lope (I think it was 130mg) that means that 65 mg left after 11 hours and 32.5 after roughly 24 hours and so on.. as far as my understanding of half lives goes that is. So I would think that after only 2 or 3 days that my receptors would be more than ready to welcome the kratom- which as I've stated has not been the case so far. I will report back on day 4 (tomorrow) or 5 in order to see if the kratom has finally decided to work.

pre encapsulated kratom is usually garbage (inactive or poorly active).. stick to whole ground leaf

I read the half life to be about 11 hours but it varies slightly by like plus or minus 3 hours.. and with my huge dose of lope (I think it was 130mg) that means that 65 mg left after 11 hours and 32.5 after roughly 24 hours and so on.. as far as my understanding of half lives goes that is. So I would think that after only 2 or 3 days that my receptors would be more than ready to welcome the kratom- which as I've stated has not been the case so far. I will report back on day 4 (tomorrow) or 5 in order to see if the kratom has finally decided to work.

Most if not all of the lope shouldn't have reached your brain, because it's a substrate of the P-glycoproteins, meaning that if it crosses your blood-brain-barrier it's pumped back right away, so it should only block the opioid receptors of your gut.

As sekio said, get some whole ground leaf.

High Dose Loperamide & Organ Damage

Fellow members who take Loperamide for recreational effects, what is most concerning to me is not that you can get high from Immodium if you take a high enough dose.

Rather what is *extremely* worrying is people taking INSANELY HUGE doses of loperamide exceeding 60mg-80mg+ which may cause the opioid effect resulting in analgesia, so if you damage your organs and I am absolutely sure that such high doses cannot possibly be devoid of potentially devastating/irreversible damage to kidneys or liver or heart or bowels or stomach or all of the above! I am willing to bet that loperamide has enough side effects when taken at then prescribed dosage! Can you even imagine what it does in doses 100x that? Remember, just because you cannot feel pain it doesn't mean your body isn't in pain!

To answer the original question, yes it would be sufficient!
A 2-4 day break between opioid use will pretty much guarantee any increase in tolerance, as well as minimalize if not completely eliminate the risk of physical addiction.

Regarding physical addiction the first symptoms to appear are constipation or diarrhea! You will also notice a lack of motivation - feelings of being tired/drained of energy as well as what I can describe best as a loss of interest in normal daily activities. For example music won't be as enjoyable, or if you play an instrument you might feel like you don't play as well or you may not even want to play at all. In short what I am saying is you hobbies will loose their magic and you wont be playing video games or whatever unless you are high. However all this starts with what is a lack of motivation, on the days that you don't have it. You may find yourself counting down the days/hours/minutes until your next dose, or you may dream about using it....if it consumes your mind as such then no matter how many days you took between doses, you should even more days apart!

If it still persists, this psychological torture/cravings, then you have become psychologically addicted (if you aren't already, most opioid users fall in love the 1st time they use, psychologically speaking). Plan and simple! There is nothing you can do unfortunately, as humans we are programmed to like it! The trick is to control these cravings but they are very strong, *almost* uncontrollable especially in times of stress, depending how you handle stress.

Last edited:
BUY YOUR KRATOM AT A HEALTH FOOD STORE

I swear it's like $25 a half gram at head shops. Or it's like $15 a gram at health food shops.

Plus the girls who work at health food shops are more pretty.