• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Withdrawal in what order?

trip407

Bluelighter
Hi all,

i have recently been in an inpatient detox, with the goal to detox from 160mg methadone (this time 6 month, but many years prior experience) and 20 mg diazepam (15 years various benzodiazepines on and off). On top of that i used 2x100mg lyrica and ab-fubinaca daily.
Well they made a rapid "taper" in my agreement in 7 days. Comfort meds i got were clonidine, lyrica, prometazine, chlorprotixene, baclofene, loperamide and possibly more i don't remember.
Still i underestimated the withdrawl that came along by a large margin.
One week after i received my last dose (both diazepam and methadone), there was no improvement to be seen, and the day of release was getting near. The doctors saw how bad in shape i was and talked me into a low dose of buprenorphine to stabilize.
On first day of release i couldn't take the diazepam withdrawal any more and stabilized now on 10mg/d.
So here i am:
2-3mg buprenorphine
10mg diazepam
2x75mg lyrica

My long term goal is to get off of everything. I plan to get rid of the lyrica first, since i hope it gives me the least problems if i am off it. Then the next step will be a sloooow diazepam taper over maybe 8 weeks in agreement with me bupre doc.
For the sub i think i will be going inpatent again, because i hate long drawn out opiate tapers.

So any input will be welcomed, the good think is i don't have "real" work now, i just deliver newspaper once a week and that's it, i can do bodybuilding, bicycle racing and swimming as much as my body can (right now it can't do much, in therms of heavy weights or high average power/speed).

F an inpatient 7 day detox that accepts someone on 160 mg of done and long term benzo use. Your WD's would be peaking on the 7-10th day maybe even the 15 day for the diazepam. Thats around the day of discharge. Steady and slow taper. Thats one of the main advantages with opiate replacement therapy.

Last edited: