• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Why does it feel so good when you cut the oxygen off to your brain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkyValerie

Greenlighter
I keep doing this thing where I sit down, breathe in really heavily for 20 seconds then stand up and blow on my thumb, right before I pass out I let go and I feel really good. Why does this happen? Serious question.. Is it because your brain releases some type of chemical? Because it doesn't feel like what loosing oxygen would would feel like, It's like your whole body is vibrating and you feel very strange and fuzzy. Is it safe to do this once a week or will it give me brain damage?If you want an idea of what it feels like, try hyperventilating for 10 seconds.

I almost drowned once and got that same exact feeling you're describing. I don't think it's healthy to be doing that.

I almost drowned once and got that same exact feeling you're describing. I don't think it's healthy to be doing that.
Weird isn't it? Was it a good feeling or was it panicky? Must be very scary to have if your drowning, glad YOU survived. Please read my thread "R.I.P"

Thank you. I got the feeling moments afterwards. It wasn't panicky really. It was an odd sensation, though. That's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.