• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

NormalBobSmith Discussion Thread

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Who are some of your favorite regulars? Anybody else on BL a fan of Normal Bob? If you haven't heard of him his website is http://www.normalbobsmith.com and he's got a youtube channel. All videos of the daily events at Union Square park in New York. Lol

The Billy Rohan puddle was a nice touch.

//It kinda reminds me of walking around cities and you run into people asking for money or those little pockets where you have this crazy mix of people, crust punks, hippies, "scene kids", bums, fundies, kids, randoms, druggies. Its nice to see places like this not change and turn into a yuppie paradise.

Union Sq park sounds like it'll never turn yuppie with the Taco Bell nearby.

Last edited:
The Billy Rohan puddle was a nice touch.
I'm not sure which episode had the Billy Rohan puddle?? And yes it does seem like there are way too many genuine freaks of various types in NYC for it to completely yuppify.

I'm not sure which episode had the Billy Rohan puddle?? And yes it does seem like there are way too many genuine freaks of various types in NYC for it to completely yuppify.

just google it, I only mentioned it because of the map.

TIL:

As an interesting aside there is a character called Dusty who I guess used to huff Cans of Air for cleaning, etc. They show him huffing in one of Bob's video's and then he gets arrested and taken to Bellevue. I remember years ago I was cleaning my PC with a can of air and then got the weirdest headspins and super dizzy. But the propellant in the stuff is super dangerous and causes Hypoxia. So be careful folks!

I dunno man, you ever been to NYC?

Manhattan itself is pretty much done for. it has long turned into a Yuppie's Paradise. even scarier, NYC has long transmogrified into a Police State (with Stop & Frisk and what-have-you)

Manhattan is pretty much for trust fund babies & sons/daughters of "famous" people. if you so bad want to see people of an alternative fashion, then you probably have to take the train to Brooklyn m8

I've never been to NYC but lived in and around cities enough that there's a lot of the same types of people.

There's a Outpatient methadone clinic nearby and a Whole Foods at Union, so it seems like it has (or had) an interesting mix of people.

I dunno man, you ever been to NYC?

Manhattan itself is pretty much done for. it has long turned into a Yuppie's Paradise. even scarier, NYC has long transmogrified into a Police State (with Stop & Frisk and what-have-you)

Manhattan is pretty much for trust fund babies & sons/daughters of "famous" people. if you so bad want to see people of an alternative fashion, then you probably have to take the train to Brooklyn m8
I went to NYC in 2000 and even went up the World Trade Tower! That was crazy, the building swayed a LOT. I believe ya about the transformation though. However I guess that there are probably still the same subsidized apartments all over Manhattan, so its basically rich dudes and the mentally ill and or addicts, right?
I've never been to NYC but lived in and around cities enough that there's a lot of the same types of people.

There's a Outpatient methadone clinic nearby and a Whole Foods at Union, so it seems like it has (or had) an interesting mix of people.
Well that's true, a methadone clinic is gonna add a whole different vibe to an area ;)