• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed + Tobacco in bowl?

9baller

Bluelighter
I've been smoking for a while now and ever since the first time I smoked, I mix my weed in with tobacco. And i smoke from a bong. The person who packed my first bowl cut up the weed then mixed it in with cut up tobacco, probably in the ratio of 70% weed, 30% tobacco. Ever since then, i've become so used to it that it has become standard practice for me. I've tried smoking it pure, and I find it A LOT harsher on the throat than when it's mixed in with tobacco.

Just curious. I know most people only mix tobacco in when they roll joints. Are there many people who do this with bowls?

Cheers.

Sorry man, I don't know anyone, ever who mixes their weed with tobacco. Just seems like degrading the herbs.

I agree. I hate tobacco and will not touch it. I would only do it if I wanted to smoke on a cruise ship and didn't want anyone to get suspicious.

the only time I ever pass up the herb is when some fool mixes tobacco with it. What kind of insane man does such a thing?

its a european thing, weed with tobacco...cuz alot of them smoke cigs too, i guess it caught on

it's actually big in quite a few other places...trinidad and tobago roll with tobacco...call them dutchies i believe. i've done it before but not something i would do again

I live in the UK and mix weed with baccy for bowls. I also find it much less harsh.

Most people I know do the same, so I do think it's a European thing.

I don't do it often, and never in a bowl, but I definitely find it enjoyable on occasion...

What kind of tobacco are you using? If it is regular cigarette tobacco and you find it less harsh than weed then you are getting some pretty crappy weed.

I've never known anyone to mix tobacco and marijuana for bowls or bongs... in fact I know one dude who used a pipe for regular tobacco and basically ruined it because you can't get the smell/taste of tobacco out of it now.

With joints you'll find very few Americans who mix it, but with bowls/bongs I bet you'll find none (or maybe an expat from another country?)

I believe tobacco ruins it. I think it's more harsh! It seems to me that if I took a drag off a cig like a hit off a joint, I would cough my balls off. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad with pipe tobacco or something. Why waste the lung capacity with smoke that doesn't create any good effects?

mixing tobacco with weed totally ruins the flavor of the bud, i also like to hold in my hits but no way would i ever hold in tobacco smoke :p

bluh

Yeah tobacco smell is no fun in my opinion, although i will hit a spliff with tobacco in it(can't pass up weed if its offered, that'd be mean :p ). I think that its pretty disgusting, give me striaght bong rips any day. I saw someone take a bong rip of tobacco, and they were sick and twitchy and nearly puked... bad stuff that tobacco.

A lot of people down under do it. Some just to increase the amount of hits they can have, some like it for the instant headspin you get which leads into the high.
So rather than coming up slowly as you blow out the smoke you instantly feel something.

I dont do it but when im having a session with some mates and using their gear i dont mind that they spin their mix. i prefer not to, simply as i find it decreased the high, but its not a destruction of the effects and the headspins nice occasinally.

-Australia-
Although i dont smoke weed that much myself, alot of my friends do.
They mostly smoke it from a bong and always mix it with a bit of cigarette tobacco. It is certainly common practice amoungst them to do so.

ok, here's my theory. In Australia we mix with baccy, it's just the norm. But I think it's because we like to rip our bongs down in one hit, so the baccy makes it burn more evenly, and also allows for your mix to be larger, because if it was unmixed, rippinjg a full cone down of straight weed would be pretty hard. Whereas you foreigners like to pack up a phat cone full of weed, and take lil puffs of it, then pass th ebong around. Smoke it like REAL men, mix and rip, no other way.

Commence the international war of words.

Hardicus said:
ok, here's my theory. In Australia we mix with baccy, it's just the norm. But I think it's because we like to rip our bongs down in one hit, so the baccy makes it burn more evenly, and also allows for your mix to be larger, because if it was unmixed, rippinjg a full cone down of straight weed would be pretty hard. Whereas you foreigners like to pack up a phat cone full of weed, and take lil puffs of it, then pass th ebong around. Smoke it like REAL men, mix and rip, no other way.

Commence the international war of words.

I think you are missing the point. Most of us rip a bong like we mean it, if we've been smoking for awhile anyways, but we never mix tobacco and marijuana because it seems almost sacrilegious.

My own impression is that tobacco is an inferior smoke, much more harsh and with a nasty taste compared to the high quality kind buds I usually smoke. Mixing them would be like mixing champagne and malt liquor.

The way I smoke it takes about two rips to clear a bong with a fairly large sized slider. Thats straight pot though, no tobacco mixed in it. I find I can't hold tobacco in my lungs as long as pot, nor do I want to.

I know its different strokes for different folks, but mixing the two just seems plain disgusting to me, and I still can't get over it. I think it ruins the pipe by leaving tobacco residue and smell in it, as well.

seems like this comes up about once a month around here. tobacco is evil, it stinks, and no true connoisseur of the sweet sweet herb would dream of mixing. i have offerered the suggestion in the past that those who mix may be trying to stretch the budget and got flamed hard for that opinion, so i wouldn't want to offend by suggesting that again. but it makes no sense to me and i have no idea why anyone would ruin good weed with tobacco.

Hmmm....here in Malaysia most weed are mixed with tobacco. When you buy from your regular guy, they are rolled up like a cig with about 70% weed and 30% tobacco.

I find it quite cool.

^^^^^^^^^^
that is different. smoking a 'blunt' is one thing, especially buying a pre-rolled whatever. but, sitting at the house and loading up a bong cone with weed+tobacco? no way!

every study on the damage due to tobacco and marijuana smoke mentions that the combined use of tobacco and marijuana is WAY worse than only using one alone

when i smoked tobacco, a splif now and again or a blunt was nice, but i'd never put tobacco in a bowl/cone ever.. imo it ruins the pipe/bong as well as the hit.

if you want to conserve 30% of your weed just pack 30% less.. its easy :D