• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Neutralizing phenibut acid

mike.vick

Bluelighter
Phenibut is extremely acidic (Ph ~2) and kills the stomach.
Could you mix ~1gram of phenibut with ~400mg of baking soda (the amount to neutralize it) and in ~35ml of water and heat it up and drink it?
That would make phenibut free base and make it less acidic and actually palpable.

250mg of raw phenibut kills my stomach and g.i. for days like eating razors.

I did the math and 400mg baking soda neutralizes 1 gram of the hcl part of phenibut hcl in ~35 ml water. (the hcl is ~17% of phenibut by weight, so 170mg HCL here)

Well, that is one of the reason I started the thread. But, yes, I do believe the HCL is the main factor considering its extreme aciditiy. AND the FAA is unstable for people to sell but if i make the FAA in 35ml of water and baking soda, i could drink it quick without problems.

ANYWAYS: I did this last night 1 gram phenHCL + ~450mg Baking soda + ~35ml of water to yield( I guess) ~830mg of Phenibut FAA + 340 mg of NaCL + CO2 +Water. I drink about %40 of solution and didn't notice any effects but my stomache was burning this morning.

I just did this with 1.25g of phenibut and ~450mg of baking soda in water and stirred it and microwaved it and it turned into a yellow powder that I scraped up and now I'm scared of. HAHA

I've never heard of this. Can't you just eat something first? Then take phenibut with an antacid.

I've never heard of this. Can't you just eat something first? Then take phenibut with an antacid.

NO, phenibut has a PH of ~2 and it is phenibutHCL is 17% HCL which has a PH of 1

at 1 gram you are injesting almost 200mg of Hydrochloric Acid. ICCCCCCK
250mg leaves me ill for days

NO, phenibut has a PH of ~2 and it is phenibutHCL is 17% HCL which has a PH of 1

Why wouldn't an antacid work? You have hydrochloric acid in your stomach anyway. Calcium carbonate neutralizes the acid.

If 250 mg leaves you ill for days, maybe it's withdrawal. I feel ill for days after 250 mg too. That's because I've used it too much in the past. My body is primed for withdrawal. One dose makes me feel sick afterwards, just like benzos and opiates these days.

Why wouldn't an antacid work? You have hydrochloric acid in your stomach anyway. Calcium carbonate neutralizes the acid.

Yes, you have HCL in your stomache - at a VERY PRECISE level which is HIGHLY REGULATED by your stomach cells and your body. Adding ~200mg of pure HCL (the contents of ~1.2 grams of phenibut) to a small amount of water is enough to burn a hole through a table.

An anacid Would not work as it would not reach your stomach at a precisely accurate time to nuetrilize the Phenibut, But I made a yellow powder in 5 min last night with water, phenibut, and baking soda, on a plate, in the microwave. I think it is Phenibut free acid and NaCL-table salt. But I havent seen yellow phenibut,, maybe it degraded.

Cause I already have some HCL and a millioni other nootropics and supplements that I wasted $$$$ on. And if I can make it in 5 min why pay extra $$$$ and wait 3 days

Last edited by a moderator:
Cause I already have some HCL and a millioni other nootropics and supplements that I wasted $$$$ on. And if I can make it in 5 min why pay extra $$$$ and wait 3 days

Well if it were me it would be worth a little extra $ to have shit I know is good and not have to hassle with it, but hey that's just me. Good luck, hope you get it working!

Well it's no hassle and it can be worth a lot to this site if the yellow powder I made in 5 minutes form 3 household ingredients is phenibut free acid

The FAA is 30% more expensive. If you can only be a dipshit, why be anything at all?

Baking soda is 99c per pound and water is free.

Google acid-base chemistry and learn why this is kind of ridiculous. Many many drugs are converted to salts to increase solubility in aqueous solution.

I highly doubt the dissociation constant (Ka) of that proton will be high enough to cause a significant (if any) decrease in stomach pH. It is not at all like ingesting hydrochloric acid. Hydrochloride salt means that they simply used hydrochloric acid to protonate the compound therefore increasing water solubility. However, it could definitely be irritating your stomach via a different mechanism... just not by directly lowering stomach pH. A pH of 2 is within normal range anyways.

GI problems are probably much more complicated. A few tums and a tall glass of water would help significantly if its really from protonated phen.

Also, 1 gram of phen HCl would not equate to 200 mg of pure HCl... think back to stoichiometry which a high school teacher (hopefully) tried to teach you.

mass => molar equivalents => mass

Seriously, try tums and a tall glass of water if youre having problems.

I have no idea where these calculations of yours come from. I also wanted to point out that it is Phenibut HCl that has a pH of ~2.5, but that's 2.5 Grams in 100 mL of water (2.5% solution). So, your .25 Grams will have a much higher pH with a tall glass of water. Add tums and youre drinking a basic solution.

Hope this clarified things. Sorry for not adding this onto my last post--edit function isnt working for me right now