• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How organized are your drug experiences?

moonshadow

Bluelighter
With the different groups of people I hang out with I have noticed two extremes to this question:

There are those who make a big deal out of every experience. These are the kids I started out with, the ones who throw amazing rolling parties with themed rooms and planned activity. No matter what is going on it is usually planned at least a few days in advance. If somebody should decide to trip they usually do it with at least a few friends and have other people stopping in all night to play with them.

Then there are those that just take their drugs and see what happens. They may know that they are going to be tripping Friday but they have no plans. When school or work ends that day they drop and go about their daily business waiting for something to fall into their laps.

After experiencing both of these extremes I must say that I have come to prefer the latter. Although intense organization can be fun for events such as the previously mentioned rolling parties, for everyday life they are just too much work. It's no fun to put that much time and effort into party after party, no matter how great they turn out to be. It's a lot of stress putting the things together. And then if you should for some reason run out of things to do or a plan goes awry you are screwed. You were so set on the order of events that were supposed to occur that it's discombobulating to be thrown off track.

Although it is a greater risk to not have any plans, because you may well end up with nothing to do, I prefer this approach. Because even if nothing comes up you can try to go about your daily life like nothing is happening. I derive a great thrill from trying to carry on as if I were sober as the world falls apart around me. Plus, with drugs, especially hallucinogens, it always seems like something crazy will fall into your path.

i tend to be more of an organizer, planning things out a few days ahead. although just going out with no plans and letting whatever happen can be a lot of fun too. variation i suppose

I think they tend to be more unorganized. Granted, if I'm rolling at a house party, I'll bring things I think I'll need, like toys, music, and food, but the activities are hardly planned. One of my favorite ecstasy moments was my second time dropping, when I came up (in like 10 minutes) before everyone else, said, "Oh my god, I'm rolling, I'm so sorry you guys don't feel this!" and then stood up and announced, "THIS IS FIELD TRIP ECSTASY."

As soon as everyone else came up, I proceeded to guide a field trip through the great outdoors, which involved walking across concrete and grass (barefoot), spinning in circles, looking at the sky, and rolling in the grass (heh, literally =D). I never would have planned that field trip before we started rolling.

God, I miss those days. :(

ibizakat said:
I think they tend to be more unorganized. Granted, if I'm rolling at a house party, I'll bring things I think I'll need, like toys, music, and food, but the activities are hardly planned. One of my favorite ecstasy moments was my second time dropping, when I came up (in like 10 minutes) before everyone else, said, "Oh my god, I'm rolling, I'm so sorry you guys don't feel this!" and then stood up and announced, "THIS IS FIELD TRIP ECSTASY."

As soon as everyone else came up, I proceeded to guide a field trip through the great outdoors, which involved walking across concrete and grass (barefoot), spinning in circles, looking at the sky, and rolling in the grass (heh, literally =D). I never would have planned that field trip before we started rolling.

God, I miss those days. :(

i wish i would have been there...sounds fun. i had my days too:\

I think it sorta depends on the drug. It is more fun to run around outside fucking with people and causing trouble on acid than it is on ecstacy.

i never make plans when i'm about to do coke, unless it involves planning on an intense fuck-session. ;) however, i am the organizer of the roll parties. i like doing all that, getting all the decorations, making sure i have all the music i want, getting the party favors, etc. it's just the damned anticipation of dropping those pills that get me all in bunches! i wish i couldn't plan on rolling and just do it because i get so knotted up inside, that sometimes it's not even worth all that to even do it.

over planning kills it! i just like planning far enough ahead so you dont get caught/arrested.. besides that, its more fun to just let things come up :)

only planning done is what club going to, apart from that, just see what happens. Organisation takes effort which i tend to lack.

This is a damn good topic.

I am usually more of an organizer, but I think it depends on the situation, and the drug.

I have friends who OVER plan to the point where they almost kill the fun. Every single detail has to be considered. Part of the excitement of doing drugs is that you don't know what is going to happen, and you do things you normally wouldn't.

I also have friends who REFUSE to plan. I was once trapped in an apartment on acid during the frozen-ass winter, with no way to leave and NOTHING TO DO. I swear I looked at every fucking thing there at least a thousand times. Shoulda thought ahead, or at least had some pot for the comedown...

Overall, I think it's good to be somewhere in between. There are definitely certain things I want to be prepared for. Specific drugs require different safety measures (pre-loading & whatnot) and there are issues like transportation to condsider. I want to make sure I have plenty of entertaining elements on hand. I just don't want to loose the spontanious nature of the experience.

I was also taught to always note the time you take whatever you're taking, just as a precaution type of thing. This sucks if you are with someone who focuses only on the time, thinking "three more hours left to roll" ect, scheduling in the whole trip and focusing on when it will be over.

I think there is also a difference between organizing beforehand, and having an itenerary to follow during....

I generally never plan anything at all, with two exceptions. If I'm going to take xtc, I'll obviously bring certain items with me like a glow in the dark mouthguard, some feelers, spray bottle sometimes, makeup, jewels, etc. The only other time is when I do opiates. I pretty much usually do the same couple of things every time I do them now, because it's hard for me to feel the high much anymore without creating a certain environment.

I start planning everything out on monday and things are usually in place by thursday, im the most organized about the shit because i never want to get busted ever again. :p

it's just the damned anticipation of dropping those pills that get me all in bunches!

That's what really ends up getting me in the end. I guess I don't so much have a problem with organization...I'd rather just not know about it. When I hear about an amazing party that is going to be happening in three weeks I really start over-thinking it. By the time the party night rolls around I have the exact time tables set up for when I am going to take what and in what order with who. Yeah, I'm one of those people. That's why I'd rather have things kind of sprung on me. That way I don't have time too think to much and get myself stuck in some routine that I then have to do.

moonshadow said:

Then there are those that just take their drugs and see what happens. They may know that they are going to be tripping Friday but they have no plans. When school or work ends that day they drop and go about their daily business waiting for something to fall into their laps.

^^ that's me ;)

I love just dropping and seeing where the night takes me. I'm not into nightclubs, raves or techno music at all - I started out taking e in lounge bars and pubs, and now I only take it at home or at other house parties.

My favourite times have been with just me and my boyfriend, or another friend as well, at home, having random adventures. Fuck all the preparation. The only thing you need is drugs and love :)

PS. I initially thought this thread was going to be about 'how much preparation do you put into getting your drugs'... now that's a whole other story!

o0psy Daisy said:
My conclusion: Because things don't always go my way, I have learned to unplan my experiences and you just have to go with the flow at the moment.

like if you just happen to get invited to someone's house and he just happens to have ketamine waiting for him on the table....
right on daiz, just go with the flow at the moment

I don't plan out my drug experiences activity by activity. The most involved planning I've ever had is where I'm going to take the drugs at. Or occassionally I'll take drugs with the intention of working on some music while high at some point. Otherwise, I never know what I'm going to feel like doing once I'm high anyways. And a big appeal drugs have for me is the adventure.

The adventure part was especially important to me when I used to take psychedelics, ketamine and ecstasy. I loved not knowing what I was going to be doing or where I was going to be going and ending up at random places doing weird things having philosophical discussions about life with people while completely out of my mind. And just getting places was particularly fun because I loved looking at the scenery (especially when driving through backroads) while listening to music.