• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Bad experience taking after prozac.

anovitran

Greenlighter
I usually take meth orally once a week. Gives great focus and energy with very little side effects.
I've just started taking prozac daily as prescribed and didn't think to research its interactions with meth. It's 5 days into taking prozac and I take meth a few hours after thinking it would be fine. All of the sudden my heart was racing, breathing was difficult, and I was getting dizzy. The effects lasted for about 20 hours. Should I just stop taking meth or did I screw up somehow? Any help would be appreciated.

Go to see a doctor about this, and tell him or her how you use meth, how often you use it, how much you take, and any other drugs you take.

You will not get in trouble for doing this, and legally because of HIPPA laws and doctor/patient confidentiality the doctor cannot tell other people what you tell them.

Last edited:
A famous rapper died in the early 2000s (Ol Dirty Bastard) from a combination of cocaine and snri's. Not far from meth and prozac. If you're not honest with your doctor when he asks "are you currently on any medications", at least have enough respect for your health to research what you are taking illegally in combination with with what your doctor doesn't know about if you're going to hide current drugs from him and get prescribed another drug.

Not trying to be condescending just behooves me how people combine drugs without respecting themselves enough to at least look up the interactions. Rip Anna Nicole Smith, Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Whitney Houston, Bobbi Kristina, Dana Plato, Ol Dirty Bastard, Philip Seymor Hoffman, Billy Mays, Kurt Cobain, and all the other celebrities that I didn't mention that died of toxic drug combinations in the spotlight of the entire country and people still don't take that as a lesson on why you don't combine just any and every drug mix you want to..

^This.

If you're taking meth somewhat regularly, you probably shouldn't NEED Prozac.
Unless, of course, the amphetamine abuse is worsening some pre-existing depression/anxiety or whatever. In which case it would seem you're amphetamine use may be unhealthy, and/or entirely unnecessary.
Whatever the case, lay off 1 or both of the drugs, and if you don't start feeling better in a week or 2 i'd definatley go back to the doctor.

P.S. Antidepressants are quite unspecific in their biologic functions, and a lot of them have proved to be quite unsuccesfull at treating symptoms of depression etc...but doctors love handing them out, as basically a pharmacologically-active placebo, most of the time, just to get people out of the office when patients come to their docs with problems that aren't of a "physical" nature.
Needless to say, the way doctors write anti-d's nowadays, really SHOULD be labled an "epidemic" just as is the nations' so-called "opioid epidemic" is labled.
Just because Prozac/Zoloft/Lexapro etc.....aren't narcotics, they are still drugs with side effects....lots of them, and lots of them are quite dangerous, but the fact that they're so commonly prescribed and accepted within the medical community means that it's always going to be the first choice for ANY complaint related to depression/anxiety/panic/ or any other mental type of problem.
Just beware that the FIRST CHOICE, isn't always the RIGHT CHOICE.

P.S.S. Before you use ANY drug, you should research it thoroughly, even if it's something you HAVE to take, just to be prepared for anything. Google it, search it, or fork over 50$ bucks for a PHYSICIANS DESK REFERENCE, and any pharmaceutical can be researched in detail with pretty certain predictions of possible outcomes of treatment with any given medication.
From Digoxin, to Prozac, to Metformin, Amphetamine, to Morphine. Everything you'd ever want to know about possible INTERACTIONS with other drugs, or side effects, is all in that book, and from the looks of some of the questions some people ask on here...well, lol, PDR could really enlighten and save lives of some BLers. Many drugs can, and are often combined safely, but some seemingly innocent drugs or meds can be quite insidious, and before ya know what hit you, you're having severe adverse reactions. Doctors don't often check, honestly.

P.S.S.S, Kudos, OP, on taking your meth orally.....everybody and their damn needles and shit nowadays. Keep us posted, and don't hesitate to seek medical care, drug interactions happen CONSTANTLY, and just because you use narcotics, you still have rights....just don't get busted with your stash, cause then you may not!!
Godspeed...no pun.

I usually take meth orally once a week. Gives great focus and energy with very little side effects.
I've just started taking prozac daily as prescribed and didn't think to research its interactions with meth. It's 5 days into taking prozac and I take meth a few hours after thinking it would be fine. All of the sudden my heart was racing, breathing was difficult, and I was getting dizzy. The effects lasted for about 20 hours. Should I just stop taking meth or did I screw up somehow? Any help would be appreciated.

I was told it takes AT LEAST 2 full weeks to see effects from Prozac and often it takes 6 or more weeks so I'm not really sure it's possible for prozac to actually be fully in one's system enough after only 5 days for it to have a negative interaction with anything.

Of course, this is a question that only a doctor could answer but I'd ASSUME that if one can't see therapeutic effects from Prozac in only 5 days that therefore it also can't be in one's bloodstream to the extent to cause a negative interaction.

I'm not sure if this is true though, maybe negative interactions can occur even if therapeutic effects aren't yet evident, but just from knowing that much already it would seem unlikely.

I mean meth ALONE is a VERY hard drug and OBVIOUSLY can make your heart race and doesn't seem unusual to me that it could make you dizzy or make breathing difficult, BUT I am pretty sure that Meth CAN have negative interactions with SSRIs so I just don't know.

^This.

Unless, of course, the amphetamine abuse is worsening some pre-existing depression/anxiety or whatever. In which case it would seem you're amphetamine use may be unhealthy, and/or entirely unnecessary.
Whatever the case, lay off 1 or both of the drugs, and if you don't start feeling better in a week or 2 i'd definatley go back to the doctor.

P.S. Antidepressants are quite unspecific in their biologic functions, and a lot of them have proved to be quite unsuccesfull at treating symptoms of depression etc...but doctors love handing them out, as basically a pharmacologically-active placebo, most of the time, just to get people out of the office when patients come to their docs with problems that aren't of a "physical" nature.
Needless to say, the way doctors write anti-d's nowadays, really SHOULD be labled an "epidemic" just as is the nations' so-called "opioid epidemic" is labled.
Just because Prozac/Zoloft/Lexapro etc.....aren't narcotics, they are still drugs with side effects....lots of them, and lots of them are quite dangerous, but the fact that they're so commonly prescribed and accepted within the medical community means that it's always going to be the first choice for ANY complaint related to depression/anxiety/panic/ or any other mental type of problem.

P.S.S. Before you use ANY drug, you should research it thoroughly, even if it's something you HAVE to take, just to be prepared for anything. Google it, search it, or fork over 50$ bucks for a PHYSICIANS DESK REFERENCE, and any pharmaceutical can be researched in detail with pretty certain predictions of possible outcomes of treatment with any given medication.
From Digoxin, to Prozac, to Metformin, Amphetamine, to Morphine. Everything you'd ever want to know about possible INTERACTIONS with other drugs, or side effects, is all in that book, and from the looks of some of the questions some people ask on here...well, lol, PDR could really enlighten and save lives of some BLers. Many drugs can, and are often combined safely, but some seemingly innocent drugs or meds can be quite insidious, and before ya know what hit you, you're having severe adverse reactions. Doctors don't often check, honestly.

P.S.S.S, Kudos, OP, on taking your meth orally.....everybody and their damn needles and shit nowadays. Keep us posted, and don't hesitate to seek medical care, drug interactions happen CONSTANTLY, and just because you use narcotics, you still have rights....just don't get busted with your stash, cause then you may not!!
Godspeed...no pun.

I'm EXTREMELY confused as to the bolded comment.

Could you please explain why you think Meth should treat the same issues that Prozac is used to treat and why you think someone using Meth shouldn't need Prozac???

Prozac is used for not only depression but also OCD and Meth and other stimulants like that can CAUSE OCD so I'd think if that is even PART of the reason one is prescribed Prozac (in my case it was back when I took it...now I take Lexapro in instead) that in fact if you used Meth you'd be even MORE likely to need Prozac not to mention a higher dose than most people or at least THINK you need Prozac even if all you needed to do was lay off the meth.

And while SOME might say something like Meth could be an effective antidepressant I tend to doubt that as well.

I mean MAYBE while you are on it you may not be depressed but I'd bet anything that a meth comedown or period off meth for a habitual meth user could cause a LOT of depression.

Also, to the user who said that because a mixture of coke and SNRIs was fatal for O.D.B. that therefore it makes sense that a mix of Meth and SSRIs could be fatal, that seems like a bit of a stretch for me.

While those drugs MIGHT have bad effects you also have people like me who have combined Prozac and Coke without ill effects and combined Prozac and Lexapro with Dexadrine without ill effects.

I was told by one poster that Dex and SSRIs is some HORRIBLY dangerous mixture after combining the two FOR YEARS more times than I can count and also being prescribed Dex and Prozac at once by the same doctor who probably knew more than most on here.

I DO know that SOME stimulants can have serotonergic effects and interact badly with SSRIS SOME of the time, but it's not necessarily something that will ALWAYS cause a bad interaction.

But the idea that you shouldn't need prozac if you smoke meth sounds PREPOSTEROUS to me.

^This.

Godspeed...no pun.

Very excellent post Treefa. Your post should be read by most Bluelighters and all Greenlighters. Very well put.

Very excellent post Treefa. Your post should be read by most Bluelighters and all Greenlighters. Very well put.

But how is it "well put" that this guy shouldn't need Prozac if he smoked Meth regularly??

I'm sorry but that is a CRAZY statement.

If anything, smoking meth should make you MORE likely to need some form of medication.

It is known to cause anxiety, psychosis, and probably also depression on the comedown.

I know SSRIs are FAR from harmless but they are NOT as bad for you as smoking meth.

I know FOR ME SSRIs have helped because off of them I had MUCH worse OCD, anxiety and depression, even though most people like to assume they are 100% placebo.

BL is a weird place in that sense in terms of the drugs some people here are for and against.

SSRIs can sometimes worsen anxiety, especially around 1 week after starting treatment. Usually that reverses after week 2.
There is also a slight chance that you might be suffering from undiagnosed bipolar disorder and the SSRI is making you slightly manic.

And I agree with Mycophile, it is kind of strange to rant about the evils of SSRI's in a thread about fucking Methamphetamine. Like, I'm not judging people for doing meth because I assume it is really, really recreational and thus really, really appealing when you're feeling down - heck, I got plenty fucked up on Ritalin and Clonazepam during my last bout of severe depression - but raging against SSRI's just seems like people are trying to make excuses for their use of recreational (whether street or prescription) drugs. Just my two euro-cents.

I'm EXTREMELY confused as to the bolded comment.

Could you please explain why you think Meth should treat the same issues that Prozac is used to treat and why you think someone using Meth shouldn't need Prozac???

Prozac is used for not only depression but also OCD and Meth and other stimulants like that can CAUSE OCD so I'd think if that is even PART of the reason one is prescribed Prozac (in my case it was back when I took it...now I take Lexapro in instead) that in fact if you used Meth you'd be even MORE likely to need Prozac not to mention a higher dose than most people or at least THINK you need Prozac even if all you needed to do was lay off the meth.

And while SOME might say something like Meth could be an effective antidepressant I tend to doubt that as well.

I mean MAYBE while you are on it you may not be depressed but I'd bet anything that a meth comedown or period off meth for a habitual meth user could cause a LOT of depression.

Also, to the user who said that because a mixture of coke and SNRIs was fatal for O.D.B. that therefore it makes sense that a mix of Meth and SSRIs could be fatal, that seems like a bit of a stretch for me.

While those drugs MIGHT have bad effects you also have people like me who have combined Prozac and Coke without ill effects and combined Prozac and Lexapro with Dexadrine without ill effects.

I was told by one poster that Dex and SSRIs is some HORRIBLY dangerous mixture after combining the two FOR YEARS more times than I can count and also being prescribed Dex and Prozac at once by the same doctor who probably knew more than most on here.

I DO know that SOME stimulants can have serotonergic effects and interact badly with SSRIS SOME of the time, but it's not necessarily something that will ALWAYS cause a bad interaction.

But the idea that you shouldn't need prozac if you smoke meth sounds PREPOSTEROUS to me.

But how is it "well put" that this guy shouldn't need Prozac if he smoked Meth regularly??

I'm sorry but that is a CRAZY statement.

If anything, smoking meth should make you MORE likely to need some form of medication.

It is known to cause anxiety, psychosis, and probably also depression on the comedown.

I know SSRIs are FAR from harmless but they are NOT as bad for you as smoking meth.

I know FOR ME SSRIs have helped because off of them I had MUCH worse OCD, anxiety and depression, even though most people like to assume they are 100% placebo.

BL is a weird place in that sense in terms of the drugs some people here are for and against.

Well said. As I posted in my original reply, talk to your doctor about this and be honest about how you use meth and other drugs. Stay safe.

Doctors and medical professional know more than random drug users posting on bluelight.

If there were really a major interaction between Dexedrine/Adderall and SSRIs, the two would never be prescribed together by doctors. I know a lot of people who are prescribed Dexedrine/Adderall for ADD/ADHD and an SSRI for anxiety/depression/OCD and they have taken both drugs together for decades and are fine but they're honest about their drug use to their doctors and other medical professionals.

Last edited:
Well said. As I posted in my original reply, talk to your doctor about this and be honest about how you use meth and other drugs. Stay safe.

Doctors and medical professional know more than random drug users posting on bluelight.

If there were really a major interaction between Dexedrine/Adderall and SSRIs, the two would never be prescribed together by doctors. I know a lot of people who are prescribed Dexedrine/Adderall for ADD/ADHD and an SSRI for anxiety/depression/OCD and they have taken both drugs together for decades and are fine but they're honest about their drug use to their doctors and other medical professionals.

Im assuming that was directed at another user. Meth and prozac is not a combo he should be taking and his doctor has no clue what OP is doing. Idk about adderall and ssri's or its relevance to meth and prozac, though. Adderall is very similar but its not the same thing. Better safe than sorry OP. Do more research or just suck it up and fill your doc in on the meth. You only have one brain. Take care of your health while you're young.

No offense, but, are you retarded?
Actually .... they are MUCH worse (SNRI's), my God, man!! that you even believe that non-sense you are spewing, is proof how seriously dumbing down State education is. And by the way, I do NOT mean that in a condescending way towards you, so report all you want, this is not intended to, nor does it constitute any violation of your precious feelings being assaulted. You and your indoctrinated fear-mongering, and scare-tactic influenced, by pure rhetoric and propaganda about meth, of which whoever lied to you, with this disinformation, apparently didn't even have to let you know that they had absolutely NO empirical evidence to support these lies you blindly believed, apparently. Pretty sad, actually ... question everything, and everyone .... especially anyone in even a remotely related position to government or any kind of authority.

Here, please try being informed, instead of just opinionated, on things such as meth, before you go spewing you lies and disinformation, that could potentially infect someone else, that naively accepts it, as well, without questioning it's validity, as you did. and again, no offense, just being honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOCsIyIGNls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcA6PfaYEHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYaJ8eOMGwA

►Known as シャブ in Japanese, plain old methamphetamine was first synthesized from ephedrine by Japanese chemist Nagai Nagayoshi in 1893, although it wasn't discovered until the late 1990's that finished methamphetamine actually occurs naturally in two species of Acacia shrubs ....... ►Acacia Rigidula, & Acacia Berlandier (or Senegalia berlandieri; Berlandier Acacia; Guajillo Acacia; guajillo; huajillo), thus rendering the belief that meth is man-made a myth.
►Following the war, Japan had three big problems:
►1.There was a lot of meth leftover not only in Japan, but everywhere else in the world as well (and it's bad manners not to clean your plate, you know).
►2.There was a lot of work to be done (stuff got blown up pretty good and needed to be fixed).
►3.A lot of people were coming home, and there wasn't enough food to go around (people were hungry!).
►Luckily, the second two problems could be fixed by the first problem How lucky! Dainippon Pharmaceuticals (aka Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma, maybe you've heard of it) had a lot of meth to sell, and there just happened to be a rather high demand for it, among the public.
►Here is part of Dr. Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin's response to a collegue's inquiry to him about the efforts of many in science & govt, to keep the late 1990's discovery of meth being man-made a complete myth, out of the public's view ....."What caught my curiosity immediately was the casual indifference shown to what is certainly an extraordinary discovery. Here, amongst some 40 or so alkaloids found in each of these two species, there were five amphetamines that had heretofore been thought to be inventions of man. Two of these are Schedule II drugs, Amphetamine and Methamphetamine. Two are Schedule I drugs, N,N-Dimethylamphetamine and 4-Methoxyamphetamine. And the fifth one is a major human metabolite of Amphetamine, 4-Hydroxyamphetamine. To my knowledge, none of these had ever before been reported as being natural plant alkaloids. This unprecedented discovery elicited only a passing line of comment in the earlier of the two papers. http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/acacia.htm

Last edited:
Actually .... they are MUCH worse (SNRI's), my God, man!! that you even believe that non-sense you are spewing, is proof how seriously dumbing down State education is. And by the way, I do NOT mean that in a condescending way towards you, so report all you want, this is not intended to, nor does it constitute any violation of your precious feelings being assaulted. You and your indoctrinated fear-mongering, and scare-tactic influenced, by pure rhetoric and propaganda about meth, of which whoever lied to you, with this disinformation, apparently didn't even have to let you know that they had absolutely NO empirical evidence to support these lies you blindly believed, apparently. Pretty sad, actually ... question everything, and everyone .... especially anyone in even a remotely related position to government or any kind of authority.

Here, please try being informed, instead of just opinionated, on things such as meth, before you go spewing you lies and disinformation, that could potentially infect someone else, that naively accepts it, as well, without questioning it's validity, as you did. and again, no offense, just being honest.

►Known as シャブ in Japanese, plain old methamphetamine was first synthesized from ephedrine by Japanese chemist Nagai Nagayoshi in 1893, although it wasn't discovered until the late 1990's that finished methamphetamine actually occurs naturally in two species of Acacia shrubs ....... ►Acacia Rigidula, & Acacia Berlandier (or Senegalia berlandieri; Berlandier Acacia; Guajillo Acacia; guajillo; huajillo), thus rendering the belief that meth is man-made a myth.
►1.There was a lot of meth leftover not only in Japan, but everywhere else in the world as well (and it's bad manners not to clean your plate, you know).
►2.There was a lot of work to be done (stuff got blown up pretty good and needed to be fixed).
►3.A lot of people were coming home, and there wasn't enough food to go around (people were hungry!).
►Luckily, the second two problems could be fixed by the first problem How lucky! Dainippon Pharmaceuticals (aka Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma, maybe you've heard of it) had a lot of meth to sell, and there just happened to be a rather high demand for it, among the public.
►Here is part of Dr. Alexander "Sasha" Shulgin's response to a collegue's inquiry to him about the efforts of many in science & govt, to keep the late 1990's discovery of meth being man-made a complete myth, out of the public's view ....."What caught my curiosity immediately was the casual indifference shown to what is certainly an extraordinary discovery. Here, amongst some 40 or so alkaloids found in each of these two species, there were five amphetamines that had heretofore been thought to be inventions of man. Two of these are Schedule II drugs, Amphetamine and Methamphetamine. Two are Schedule I drugs, N,N-Dimethylamphetamine and 4-Methoxyamphetamine. And the fifth one is a major human metabolite of Amphetamine, 4-Hydroxyamphetamine. To my knowledge, none of these had ever before been reported as being natural plant alkaloids. This unprecedented discovery elicited only a passing line of comment in the earlier of the two papers. http://www.cognitiveliberty.org/shulgin/adsarchive/acacia.htm

Oh yeah, me and the MODERATOR who refers to DOCTORS knowing more than us are STUPID for saying that SNRIS and SSRIS are less harmful than METHAMPHETAMINE should admit that a poster ON HIS FIRST POST knows more than doctors and allow these youtube videos you referenced to convince us.

METH IS more harmful overall than SSRIs and SNRIS.

There's no debate here, it's pretty much fact.

How many people take SSRIS and SNRIS EVERY DAY for DECADES without ill effects??

Now how many people smoke meth EVERY SINGLE DAY for decades without ill effects??

Ever see the before and after pictures of meth users who look DRAMATICALLY more ill within TWO YEARS of usage??

why don't I have sores all over my face and teeth rotting out and look like I've aged 15 years after 22 years on SSRIS???

SSRIS and SNRIS are NOT harmless but they are NOT as bad for you as fucking Methamphetamine and meth is NOT good for depression or mental illness.

And why The FUCK does it matter if meth has natural precursors in nature that were later synthesized in labs to make a more potent product??

Why does that prove its safety???

Belladonna, Henbane and Hemlock are all natural as well and more poisonous than meth.

Lets keep this site in the realm of realty folks.

Even if SSRIS and SNRIS aren't healthy (cause they AREN'T, NO ONE would choose to be on them if they were 100% sure they do just fine without them) Meth is NOT healthy either.

It's the strawman argument of holding up something generally conceived as harmless as harmful to somehow prove that an ENTIRELY different illegal drug IS safe.

How about NEITHER is good for you??

I choose that answer and so should you.

Also, Dr. Karl Hart IS Awesome and I watched the short video you posted, not the longest two cause I don't have the time now BUT, here's the thing:

1) He's right that Adderall and Meth are ESSENTIALLY the same drug HOWEVER:

a) Being the same STRUCTURALLY doesn't mean the dosage that most users use is the same and because most meth users don't have a doctor's advise they use WAAY more Milligrams of Meth than prescribed Adderall users use milligrams of Adderall and since we all know in most cases "the dose makes the poison" your average Meth user PROBABLY USUALLY poisons themselves WORSE than your average Adderall user....I REALLY don't think Dr. Hart would disagree with that.

2) We all know the ROA is important to and while one poster DID give the OP credit for taking his meth orally, most Meth users smoke or inject it making it WORSE for them than Adderall, probably even worse than snorted Adderall but almost DEFINITELY worse than oral Adderall

3) These are probably two of the reasons Dr. Hart wants more of the RIGHT drug education...and IF every Meth user used SUPER low doses of Meth ORALLY they'd PROBABLY not be MUCH worse of than a prescribed Adderall user, but this isn't usually the case.

4) I AGREE that meth and ALL drugs should be legal

FINALLY:

5) OVERUSE of Adderall...not even METH...STILL MIGHT be more dangerous than SSRIs/SNRIS.

That would be hard to gauge and it would depend on HOW much Adderall vs how much SSRIS/SNRIS and the route of administration as well but stimulants will naturally be harder on the heart than an antidepressant of those classes.

Nevertheless.....Meth not being THAT different from Adderall IF they are used in equivalent dosages, equivalent frequency AND the same route of administration has ZERO bearing on whether or not ANY form of Meth or Adderall use is more or less dangerous than SSRI or SNRI use.

This is black and white here.

We all know that Oxycodone is also essentially the same as Heroin but what bearing does the safety of EITHER have to do with the safety of using MAO inhibitors (another class of antidepressants???)

NOTHING.

These arguments are unrelated entirely.

Last edited:
^This.

Godspeed...no pun.

Just got back to this thread so I'm reading everything now. I've made an appointment with my doctor and decided to quit meth while I don't have a dependency.

Just got back to this thread so I'm reading everything now. I've made an appointment with my doctor and decided to quit meth while I don't have a dependency.

Good for you.

Why were you prescribed Prozac by the way and are you SURE you need it??

I took it for years (now I take Lexapro) and while it DID help me it IS also harmful in some ways.

I just have to HOPE I never see bad physical or mental side effects from my SSRIS use but in 22 years of being on them I've seen ZERO.

You'd be better off not using meth OR prozac but I think most would agree you are better with the latter IF you need it.

For the record:

I TOTALLY believe in legalization of meth and ALL drugs and don't think there's anything MORALLY wrong with using ANY drug and I bet Dr. Carl Hart is right than in the SAME dosage and SAME ROA Meth isn't much worse than Adderall but that has no bearing here.

By the way....I'm on Prolintane right now which is ALSO a stimulant...not sure if it's in the amphetamine class...and I bet it's not THAT different from Meth or Adderall either LOL...but there's NO way it could be as strong as meth and I don't use it THAT regularly, nor am I addicted.

So I'm not a hypocrite, I admit to my usage of substances...but how we got off on "if you use meth you shouldn't need Prozac" is just beyond me".

I bet this Prolintane is as bad or worse than the Lexapro I'm ALSO on as well hahah.

And I LOVE Dexamphetamine....which is ESSENTIALLY the same as Adderall and Meth but I take SUPER low dosages (between 2.5--5mgs ORALLY NEVER snorted) and it has been prescribed for my ADHD.

It's GREAT stuff IMO IF you don't get addicted and then it can be REALLY bad but I also find it can help AT TIMES with my Depression/ADHD BUT it can also worsen my anxiety and OCD so it's only good VERY sparingly and overuse usually leads to MINOR examples of the bad shit Meth causes.....like insomnia and anxiety...Proof that even that shit can be bad.

I wouldn't NECESSARILY suggest you ask your doctor about Adderall/Dexamphetamine or Ritalin but I wonder if MAYBE more CONTROLLED dosages of a similar compound MAYBE or maybe NOT along with an anti depressant might not be helpful for you???

My guess is it would either be REALLY good for you or REALLY bad.

Either you'd take WAAYY too much and essentially be using Meth and get addicted and have the same problems OR you may be self medicating IMPROPERLY for something those drugs could treat in which case it could be helpful.

That's a question for a doctor though...we can't answer that.

I'm guessing you are better or without most drugs like most of us are here...BUT....I'd be lying if I say certain drugs haven't GREATLY improved my life.

There's never an easy answer because even the WORST substances usually have BOTH good and bad effects.

Even heroin has medical usages.

Carl Hart is right that the hysteria needs to stop and we need to legalize all drugs and treat them as medical issues, but since it won't happen, some combo of doctor's advice plus a skepticism about their usual MORAL agenda is probably the best we can do.

Last edited:

This wasn't directed at me was it? It can't be lol.. Anyways, Things get confusing when people dont quote specific people when it best suits the thread. When you get back please let me know who you are talking to or whether it is me or not. Thanks

Simple solution OP, stay safe brudda. OP has solved his issue and shouldn't have the complications he had due to that combo anymore, /thread. Or atleast end the argument you guys are having about doctors or whatever you're so passionately angry about lol. Stay safe all

This wasn't directed at me was it? It can't be lol.. Anyways, Things get confusing when people dont quote specific people when it best suits the thread. When you get back please let me know who you are talking to or whether it is me or not. Thanks

I am pretty sure he's talking to both me and Priesttheycalledhim.

As Priestheycalledhim mentioned, MANY doctors prescribe Dex/Adderall or Ritalin with SSRIs/SNRIS and it CAN be done safely.

I was prescribed Dexadrine with Prozac by the same doctor and I DO think he knew what he was doing.

It's done FAR too often to have ZERO medical basis.

I have combined Dexadrine with both Prozac and Lexapro more times than I can count with ZERO ill effects but that is also anecdotal on my part.

I SUSPECT dosage and ROA of WHATEVER amp you are using with you SSRI/SNRI are ESSENTIAL.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if SUPER low doses of ORAL meth MIGHT MAYBE also SOMETIMES be safe with Prozac or Lexapro but only a doctor would know.

Simple solution OP, stay safe brudda. OP has solved his issue and shouldn't have the complications he had due to that combo anymore, /thread. Or atleast end the argument you guys are having about doctors or whatever you're so passionately angry about lol. Stay safe all

I'm not angry, I'm also on a stimulant today (Prolintane...I've only experimented with it about twice a week the past two months...am I a hypocrite LOL??) but I'm actually really into these debates.

I was ANNOYED at the suggestion that usage of meth = not needing prozac.

That's just a weird argument.