• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Finding an injection site

xiferz

Bluelighter
Someone posted elsewhere:
Quote Originally Posted by GingerG View Post
''have you tried your "blood banks" as theyre known, fatty area below your biceps?''

I responded [*1] thusly :

How do you find that - can you describe please? I'd like an alternative to the femoral i'm currently using after messing up everywhere else (arms, ankles, hands, feet NECK (ugh how did i do that so many times ).

Reason i'm reading here tonight is i just did quite a big shot in my upper leg (don't like to call it groin - its not really the groin i go in - more like the upper thigh) and i had what must've been a histamine reaction - felt itchy all over and hot - it passed but triggered a panic attack of sorts - made me think i was going to go over, i could feel my chest - thinking the heart was going to stop working. i was so freaked i hadto go and try to chat with my partner to try and take my mind off it without letting on what had happened. feel ok (ish) now but for once i'm not thinking of having another hit before i sleep. got a pile of used filters i'd normally do a wash with but right now i don't want to - actually trepidatious about tomorrow morning's shot. never had that reaction before, just had minor localised itching sort of thing before - i got this batch this morning and had already had a couple of shots. is this reaction at all common - should i be worried ? [2*]
--
*1 - after i responded a mod closed the 'Groin posting' thread, told me to post in " IV Complications Mega Thread. " which was also closed. so here i am.
*2 - after some reading after my original post and before this i realise it was probably a dirty hit - not had it so bad before - caused by bad filtering but i thought i'd share the experience anyway although i now answer my own question ''yes be worried - be more careful in future or quit '[3*]
*3 - i vowed never again while i was quaking earlier

I will check into the IV Complications Mega Thread for you, I've been on hiatus and didn't realize it was closed. You're also welcome to PM the user above, the thread itself was old which is why I closed it. Hope you get some responses, I will try and post later if I have a sec.

When I got pretty deep into my addiction and had a big tolerance I stopped itching from my regular shots however sometimes when I did a shot a bit larger I would instantly itch so bad it hurt and get very hot as you said. It would not last long and did not happen often but was very unpleasant when it happened. I'm guessing this is what happened to you and then the resulting anxiety caused palpatations. I doubt it was a dirty shot as that would likely cause cotton fever which has never made me itch before and you don't mention having chills. As for the "blood banks" your talking about I have never heard of such a thing. Where your talking about is a good place to pop if you can't find a vein/ are in withdrawal and just want to stop throwing up so you can take the time to find one. but I feel your pain about losing all your veins. If your using your femoral though keep an eye on it cause if you get an abscess there it can burst and take your artery with it, that's a very quick way to die, I know someone it happened to.

Last edited: