• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No euphoria from oxycodone anymore

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
Hi,
Yesterday I did Oxycodone recreationally after few months break from opiates.

Crushed my old formula Oxycontins which I acquired legally from real pharmacy so they can't be bunk.

As my tolerance should atleast gone near baseline (or atleast as low as it should go) I figured out to start with small doses so I would raher be safe tham sorry (or even dead).

Did 20mg orally after crushing and waited 30mins and felt absolutely nothing. Then I snorted half of 20mg pill and took orally the rest of the pill. Felt a small pseudo-rush after 15minutes but nothing like warm blanket covering me as it did before during onset. Did another 20mg the same way.

After taking 60mg total during 1.5hours I decided to up the bets so to say and took 40mg orally, waited half an hour and took 20mg by insufflating. This is were I decided to not take anymore.

After half an hour after the last dose I felt awfully nauseous and threw up which fixed the nausea but still no euphoria at all. Took a cab to my GF since I didn't want to be that guy who takes drugs recreationally and ends up hitting another car or pedestrian.

After humping for three hours I couldn't still ejaculate at all although I had hard on all the time. Not even after half an hour or something of oral sex.

So I had all the bodily effects of oxycodone but no high at all. What is wrong with me? Should I just toss away these and try something entirely different?

Could it be so that my tolerance never goes down enough for me to feel opiates unless I take as big doses as I did before to feel euphoria and to nod (240-280mg orally at once)?

Maybe a sign not to get into opiates again... they felt good to me but I'm very relieved I'm not dependent anymore.

You mention taking big doses before. It would be interesting to learn more about what makes the 'magic' go away when taking high doses of a drug for a while.

Milking it dry is no good, just like it's no good eating your favorite sweets until you're so nauseous they are ruined you and can't or don't enjoy them anymore for many years.

It sounds like you experienced all the side effects of the medication, without any of the benefits.. I'm wondering how old this medication is? I see you said it was the original oc formula, pharmacies in the US haven't carried those for years. That being said, if they're more than a year old, that would explain your experience and you should toss 'em.

- Hopeless Soul

You know, for a long time, all the semi-synthetics only gave me a body buzz, the only times I've gotten high off oxy or hydro have been when I've been clean for a long ass time. That being said I don't get that euphoria at all from any opiate no matter if I shoot it or not, even the rush is an empty shell of what it was seven years ago, then again last time I shot dope was like a month and a week ago, so I don't know how it would blow my mind now or fail to do so.

I used to use 150 mg. Oxy per dose. I've since switched to Heroin, but that's a topic for another day. After not touching Oxy for almost 7 months, my tolerance was still through the roof. It took around 100 mg. to get euphoric effects. Tolerance drops significantly for some, others are not so lucky. Another factor is dosing. If I ever dose once, then dose again later (before initial dose is worn off) it doesn't effect me. Only the first dose is felt, the second dose is a waste. If I don't take a high enough dose all at once, I may as well not bother at all. A second dose does nothing. I know a few people who have the same problem.

I'd try taking more initially instead of breaking it up into separate doses. Just don't go too high without titrating up, you don't want to take too much and OD. I'd say try 1/4 of your old dose. If that's not enough, wait 6-8 hours and take a higher dose until you achieve desired effects. It might take a few tries to get it right but it's better than nothin'.

You know, for a long time, all the semi-synthetics only gave me a body buzz, the only times I've gotten high off oxy or hydro have been when I've been clean for a long ass time. That being said I don't get that euphoria at all from any opiate no matter if I shoot it or not, even the rush is an empty shell of what it was seven years ago, then again last time I shot dope was like a month and a week ago, so I don't know how it would blow my mind now or fail to do so.
Sounds like you evolved.

Which opiate were you using when you quit "a few months ago."? Was it just oxy, or were you shooting dope? 'Cause once you go to something stronger, blues lose some of their effect. < as cj was eluding to.. Zneg is right too, about how you build a natural tolerance over time. And to the OP: I still am curious how old this medication is!? I think they have a 1yr shelf life.

- Hopeless Soul

Ive been snorting oxy 30s for 7nyears was up to 10 a day then detoxed with methadone for 6 weeks ugh it sucked detoxing off methadone so i went back to oxys but now at 3-4 a day as prescribed still snorting until recently started or at least trying to shoot them idkwtf im doing wrong but i gwt no rush either way anymore it sucks cause i get the sicky ickys if i dont get one every 4 hours but no high anymore sooo thats what turned me into a banger thinking it would increase the high someone please tell me how to properly bang 30mg of oxy so far im diluting it in 100cc of warm water nnfiltering with a cotton piece n its like bang nothin any advice on how to increase the high or any techniques to shoot if im going at it wrong. No bashin

^ @ Curiouscat yes, I posted a thread entitled, "oxycodone potentiation thread". It will give you advice on how to "increase the high".

- HS

Sounds like tolerance mate. I take it your goal is to experience that euphoria for the first time? You have only one option really - you may want to consider injecting (IV). Add about the same amount you would normally take to a spoon, add water, heat up and voila!

Some people find that injecting makes the high more speedy. To avoid this take a couple 2 mg Xanax bars about an hour before you shoot.

Let us know how you get on. :)

This is a harm reduction forum, we are not here to advocate Iv'ing!
And shooting pills + taking other CNS depressants on top of it is just extremely dangerous.