• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants how much vyvanse for 60mg Dexedrine

Rdocs

Bluelighter
Hey I usually take 60 mg Dexedrine for a recreational dose but my guy got vyvanse instead so I was wondering how many mg of vyvanse it would take to get the same level of high as 60 mg Dexedrine?

Also I have herd that the high is not the same and it is more cloudy and not as good is this true? What's the high like?

Thanks 'Rdocs

The high is ..."cloudy"? What's that supposed to mean?

No, the high from Vyvanse is still a D-amphetamine high - it's just that Lisdexamphetamine is a prodrug for D-amphetamine, so the main differences are
a) that you'll need approximately twice your usual dexedrine dose (since approximately half the molecule's mass comes from the non-psychoactive lysine attached to the amphetamine)
b) that it will come on significantly slower because the lysine has to be cleaved off by enzymes in your blood
and c) that you can't make it come up much faster by snorting or injecting it, since the "bottleneck" isn't the speed of absorption, but the rate at which your blood is capable of enzymatically processing it

When I say cloudy I mean instead of making you concentrate it makes you do the opposite like you can't focus on things and your headspace is all cloudy you know

But nah this feels the exact same it just took forever to kick in and I had to take 150mg to get the same high one thing that is actually better is I feel like it lasts longer

Vyvance feels different imo. But, yea, twice the dose. 100 mg Vyvanse to 60 dextroamphetamine or 120mg at most of Vyvanse. Vyvanse can catch you off guard, even with dextroamphetamine tolerance.

He's right in that it can catch you off guard. vyvanse takes a while to get absorbed and when it does it takes a while to reach Tmax, which I think is about five hours for the dexteoamphetamine instead of the usual three. This is because of the lysine molecules. In that time the lysine is chopped off and all the dextroamphetamine is released into your blood within the span of about two hours. So think, say you took 200mg which comes out to 60 of d amphetamine, by the time the lysine is excised usually within a couple hours you have 60mg of d amphetamine in you. That's why it lasts so long and will take people off guard. The d amphetamine isn't slowly broken from the lysine throughout the day. Vyvanse is designed as a loading dose with a two hour long Tmax.

Because of this I overdosed the first time I took vyvanse. I thought the chemical was continuously released not dumped off all at once pretty much. That's probably why you felt cloudy. That happens to me from too much stimulants.

say you took 200mg which comes out to 60 of d amphetamine

Just a quick clarification because this might be confusing for some people:
200 miligrams of Vyvanse (Lisdexamphetamine dimesilate) does indeed come out to 60 miligrams of D-amphetamine freebase, which is not to be confused with 60 miligrams of Dexedrine (D-amphetamine sulfate).

I deleted origional post. I did math, and that means 100mg Vyvanse equals 30mg d-amphetamine base, right? That's not far off sulfate, right? Just intresting to know.

Today between 11:00 pm and now, I have had the equivalent of 76.44 base. I think that's enough. I'll stick with my 30mg Dextroamphetamine ER /day. This was fun, don't get me wrong, but way to much on a regular basis.

I deleted origional post. I did math, and that means 100mg Vyvanse equals 30mg d-amphetamine base, right? That's not far off sulfate, right? Just intresting to know.

Dexedrine contains approximately twice as much D-amphetamine base per mg as Vyvanse.
The molar mass of amphetamine sulfate can be calculated as that of freebase amphetamine + that of the sulfate anion. The molar mass of Lisdexamphetamine dimesylate can be calculated from that of freebase amphetamine + lysine + 2 methanosulfonic acid anions. As stated above, that approximately comes out to Dexedrine containing twice as much amp freebase as Vyvanse.

Thanks for clearing that up. Those are words I have to look up, but it completely makes sense. I will always like Vyvanse for it's uniqueness however Dexedrine/Dextroamphetamine is my favorite.