• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Any safeguards to prevent me getting addicted to tianeptine?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I bought another gram this week but I read up on some addiction stories which freaked me out again and I just threw it away before even taking one dose. I feel kind of stupid for doing this but the fear of the unknown overrides.

I feel so trapped most of the time since Im so paranoid and pessimistic that I am terrified to try any new substance for fear of the worst reports I read. but then when I vow to live a totally clean and spiritual life I just seem to fall deeper and deeper into the pit of depression and hopelessness.

What is a loser such as me to do? I need to ascertain if the risk is acceptable.

with kratom i was probably equally as terrified to try it but the swaying factor was I knew at worst if I did become addicted from other's reports it wouldnt be too bad. whereas with tianeptine it sounds like the ceiling does not stop and even been siad to be worse than heroin withdrawals.

Last edited:
Time between dosages and keeping the dosages low, like 12.5mg 3x a day.

Also, kanna and kratom work really well in combination for depression if you would like to give that a try. Ive been through kratom addiction and withdrawal, and i tapered very easily and only had a one or two days of slight discomfort. It is still an addiction though, so i understand if thats not where you wanna go with it

Time between dosages and keeping the dosages low, like 12.5mg 3x a day.

Also, kanna and kratom work really well in combination for depression if you would like to give that a try. Ive been through kratom addiction and withdrawal, and i tapered very easily and only had a one or two days of slight discomfort. It is still an addiction though, so i understand if thats not where you wanna go with it

I use kratom already one day on two days off. it is still a lifeline for me but it isnt really good for depression. it helps a bit but not much. i mean i still as pessimistic and anti social on it its just i guess i feel a bit more content. not like how serotonin evapourates such feelings.

i tried kanna quite a bit and while it is i agree a very powerful ssri it also had many undesirables . i hated the spacey almost trippy feeling it gave before the ssri effect got going and also it felt like there was wax or some liquid on my heart when i took it andgenerally a dirty toxic feeling. and also made me phlegmy for days after.

regarding the tianeptine dosing i get that but if you find it psycholgically compulsive then that goes out the window doesnt. the question is whether i would or not. i hear it isnt any more compusive than kratom i just worry about there not being a ceiling of effect like there is with kratom. and whether id just be tempted to want to 'just see' what a high dose might feel like and opening up a pandoras box. not that i am a compulsive person at all just the worry thoughts i have.

I'm w/ you bro been depressed anti social all that shit, have some T but been holdin off so far. Take subs everyday n haven't touched real opes in almost 4 yrs so it's tempting when I just want a mood lift or to feel better but I too got turned off on some reports I read ppl havin to wake up dosing every 5hour : /

Stop thinking of yourself as a loser or any other negative way is the first and most important thing to do.

I'm w/ you bro been depressed anti social all that shit, have some T but been holdin off so far. Take subs everyday n haven't touched real opes in almost 4 yrs so it's tempting when I just want a mood lift or to feel better but I too got turned off on some reports I read ppl havin to wake up dosing every 5hour : /

that makes me feel a little better that i was not being totally paranoid however the depression persists so it feels rather like a rock and a hard place.

it would be great if there were other fast acting anti depressants like tianeptine but options seems very limited there. i was amazed of the therapeutic effects of kanna however could not beaar the annoying side effects.

I know everyone says ketamine is the big thing in this department. but i really hate things that shift your normal perception like that as i tried it in my younger days.

Last edited:
Have you ever tried mushrooms or any psychedelic? I have a feeling low dose could really help you process your depression. You could do a full trip, but have someone you trust with you to talk you up in case you spiral down into depressive thoughts.

Have you exhausted all the non-medication options yet? Here is a small list.
1. exercise
2. talk therapy
3. meditation
4. creative arts

I have been depressed since I was a young child. Trying items on that list along with medication prescribed by a doctor has helped me to overcome some of the problems I have. It took me trying a few different meds before one worked well for me.

I was an opiate addicted for over fifteen years. I took it to deal with mental health issues but in the end it consumed me. This is a problem best left to a respected/trusted doctor. Be careful with self medicating...it can lead to really bad places if unchecked.

The fact that youre worried about becoming addicted should tell you something in the first place. So just dont do it.

Also, manboychef has a good list, and i also want to second the opinion of taking mushrooms, even very low-dose mushroom trips (low enough that you dont actually trip) are very helpful for depression. I used .75g of mushrooms in a tea once when i was feeling very down and it left me feeling good for a solid 13 days. It was incredible