• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV heroin/multiple drug user, idk what is wrong..

nicole835

Greenlighter
Yesterday about noon I did a rince shot and felt it for like 3 mind 5 max adverb ask of a sudden started chilling and shivering uncontrollably I son started getting a bad headache and couldn't move then my heart started feeling like something was passing through it out like really bad chest pains I could literally feel my heart pumping the blood but at the same time my kidneys were hurting like I've never felt I guessed it was cotton fever and the only thing I'd ever heard to help is another shot, I tried that and to no avail it absolutely did nothing so I laid for at least 7 more hours did another and again it didn't help I figured it would be going by that time and took some Tylenol's and tried sleeping this off sweating it out and wake up today and still weak as ever hurting so bad all over every muscle and bone in my body I couldn't even sit up on my own my bf keeps begging me to go to hospital but im scared I guess it's now 530am going on the 3rd day and still sick as I've ever been and now am turning jaundice I am going to hospital in the morning if I'm not feeling better but just need to hear some advice from people who have also went thru this like me or if there is anything I can do without having to go to er

It sounds like it might have been cotton fever, or maybe an air bubble which can be deadly. Be careful!

Cotton fever. It is the result of injecting bacteria, another shot will not make it better, afraid you just have to wait it out. The symptoms of cotton fever: Signs and symptoms of cotton fever usually appear within 22 minutes after injection, but may come on gradually over the course of a few hours.[medical citation needed] In addition to fever, they may include headaches, malaise, chills, nausea, extreme joint and muscle pain, a sudden onset of dull, sharp, piercing or burning back and kidney pain, tremors, anxiety, shortness of breath, and tachycardia. The fever itself usually reaches 38.5–40.3 °C (101.3–104.5 °F) during the full onset.[citation needed] Extreme chills and uncontrollable shivering are common. The symptoms of cotton fever resemble those of sepsis and patients can be initially misdiagnosed upon admission to a hospital. Get medically sterile cotton from a local syringe access program if you have one to avoid this happening in the future.

Yup - sounds like something to do with the above replies - although I don't think drug studies is the appropriate place to post this question.

Benzos, like alprazolam (Xanax) and midazolam (Dormicum) used to help when I got those symptoms when I used to do heroin i.v.