• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

hash/acetone question

eternalcrux

Bluelighter
Please do not bother awnsering if you are not firmilliar with hash oil extractions..

Anyway, my friend and I are going to be making a little hash oil out of a lot of stems. We have done this before with isopropal alcohol, I was wondering if acetone would extract the cannabinoids. Thanks.

yeah acetone would be the best choice followed by petroleum ether. just soak it and distill it off.

i've read that alcohol actually leaves residue in the oil that is undesirable.

I have acetone but not petrolium ether.. would it just work with acetone? Would it work as well? Thanks alot .. peace.

I use to do this with schwag.

Acetone works great, but you've gotta have some spot where you can let the acetone evaporate off the oil afterwards. Baking tins work nicely. But your house/apartment will reek if you don't ventilate well.

I would not reccomend it unless you are a decently skiklled chemist or enjoy chemical fires.

acetone evaproates easily, and at low temps, or just let it sit a few days. It is rather safe ftoo, just don't use open flames!

petroluem ether, hmm, I bet it would work, ,dopn't know, but it is jusy a mix of hydrocarbons (not really an ether), and should disove THC nicely. probabally not easy to seperate thc from the petroleum ther though.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

you laugh, but it is true, acetone's got a pretty low flash point

but yeah, acetone will work just fine...