• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Did Kratom Help You Recovedr from Your Opiate Addiction?

JadedTabs

Bluelighter
Hello! I wanted to see how many people here have used Kratom and if it has helped there opiate addiction. I for one have never used opiates but I have used Kratom before. This study is to prove the works of a drug called Kratom. Please do reply below if Kratom helped you with your addiction or currently is helping you with your opiate addiction.

Last edited:
yes it helped, but what really made it for me was the traditional advice of exercise, keep busy, help or service others and... ibogaine (microdossing), mucuna pruriens (extract), methoxetamine (only on the mornings, otherwise i couldn't sleep) and a strong desire to break free

This is not about psychedelics, please post in the appropriate subforum :)

moving from PD >> OD

(@ your PM: I realize you're new to the site, so it's cool ;) )

I got addicted to kratom multiple times so it didn't help me with an addiction, it was an addiction. Kratom isn't a miracle drug its still contains opioid agonist alkaloids, so its basically just another opioid. I'm sure people use it to get off the harder shit and that's great, but let's call it what it is.

Yeah kratom is just another addiction BUT compared to real opiates, it is a much more functional addiction..people on kratom tend to get stuff done as opposed to just nodding off..for many former opiate addicts kratom is a lifesaver

I've never been addicted to opiates, or used kratom; but everyone I know that has used kratom as a substitute for opiates wound up getting addicted to the kratom and abusing it, and eventually started to use opiates again.

Yeah it's good if you can switch from opiates to kratom and then taper the kratom. Thats easier said than done though and ^Priest is right 90% of the time ime. maybe 98% lol

Kratom is an opiate. You're not really overcoming opiate addiction by switching from one opiate drug to another, although I realize that swtiching from a high danger opiate (such as daily IV heroin) to a much milder, easier to handle, more socially accepted opiate drug such as kratom is not without merit in many ways.

It's the same way with ibogaine for hard core opiate addiction. Ibogaine is a heavy duty and difficult indole psychedelic and opiate with a half life of several weeks, a very long time. It works great while they're still feeling it, but when it's finally out of their system, most junkies go back to their old environment and pick up their old DOC again. I don't know though, maybe the trip helps them somewhat in the same way that someone can go to rehab and pick up some good life habits (making friends, getting up early, sitting through group, cleaning up their apartment, grocery shopping for themselves once a week and on a budget, experiencing true (other than the psyche meds) abstinence from all mind and mood altering drugs for a while) without actually quitting drugs once they go home or wherever.

I wonder if there are any advantages taking kratom rather than subs or m'done as an opiate substitute. Must be better than the liquid handcuffs, unfortunately, no psych, doc etc. Would be on board with my trying kratom as a substitute.... to ere on the side of caution, I'm gonna taper my subs, and see how long i can stay clean (month's, years maybe) but I'll eventually relapse because of something or other, knowing myself a little by now and how i react to what and why.

Kratom has saved my life. Period.

Yes, kratom is an opiod, and yes it's addictive. That said, it has some major advantages over traditional opiods.

I've been using kratom daily for over 4 years now. It stabilizes my mood, gives me a positive outlook, and a twinge of euphoria - all of which I need to function. I have a good life now - a stable life - a job, a car, a house, a good wife - all things I never had during my nearly two decades of on/off opiod addiction.

Kratom isn't intoxicating - or at least not nearly as intoxicating - as most opiods. It's also got a tolerance ceiling much lower then any opiod I've ever tried. I'd been using the same dose for a few years now, with the same good results. With dope or oxycodone, my use would skyrocket relatively quickly. Not with kratom.

Kratom is also hard to 'abuse' - sure, it's relaxing and gives you some nice vibes, but it's impossible for me to get 'wasted' on kratom. I'll puke first. It's better in moderation.

I can't speak for others, but again, for me, kratom has literally changed my life.

same as above. kratom is a miracle drug. yes it is addictive, but its still a miracle how big of an improvement it is over being addicted to heroin or even suboxone.

I've never been addicted to opiates, or used kratom; but everyone I know that has used kratom as a substitute for opiates wound up getting addicted to the kratom and abusing it, and eventually started to use opiates again.

I agree.
You keep the same sort of rewarding system your body is used to. Of course it's milder and not as destructive but not a definitive solution.

It crossed my mind the thought of an alcoholic trading Vodka for beer. It's less harmful but you are still drinking.

Not at all the same thing I'm just making a different type of analogy.

same as above. kratom is a miracle drug. yes it is addictive, but its still a miracle how big of an improvement it is over being addicted to heroin or even suboxone.

Absolutely. Kratom is addictive but, although I've never been addicted to kratom, being addicted to kratom is much more preferable to being addicted to heroin. That much I can say with certainty.

Also, kratom is the most effective (non-controlled substance) anxiolytic drug I've ever tried.

Its also the most effective painkiller ive ever taken aside from hard opiates and it doesnt build insane tolerance like the do.

For pain management I think daily kratom with opiates for breakthrough pain would be the most effective treament. the kratom manages pain but when the pain becomes too intense for the krat, you take an opiate and since the kratom keeps your tolerance low you get great effects from the opiate.

if youre just on opiates chronically, you become so dependent on they dont really help with pain that well anymore