• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Really want to get clean from subs need help.

swoleosis11

Greenlighter
I was hooked on dope for years. Recently got clean. I've been doing my own sub maintenance at 8mgs a day. I have an unlimited supply and need some ideas of a taper that can be as lengthy as it has to and what I need to stave off paws after I'm done. I know it won't be easy but these things rule my life. I'm sick of spending money on them and making sure I have enough all the time. Thanks guys.

i'm not good at making taper plans for other people. if you have unlimited supply you could do some trial and error. deff don't go over 8.

if it were me I would probably get to 4mg quickly. Stay on it for 5 days, then go to 3mg for 5 days, then go to 2mg for 5 days, stay on 2mg for 7 days and slowly go down .5 until you can jump off. supposedly its easy to get to 2mg, but then going from 2-0 is very difficult to where your body will feel the difference more so then going from 6mg -4mg.

I hope others can chime in because this is one of the things I suck at. im sorry

Take it slow! A year ago I started using bluelight when I was feeling hopeless because I kept trying to stop injecting mscontin and occasional heroin, and after 50 promises made and broken, finally I gritted my teeth and sat through the shitty feelings once and for all :) Which was great because I was clean a couple months and looking healthy when I went to the pain management clinic and got hooked up w/ methadone (whoo-hoo) which was the first med that actually worked. By the time you get down to 1mg you'll feel so good about yourself and you'll have STACKS of money ;) Really no need to quit if u get to a manageable dose imho

Google Robert_325 sub taper. Its worked for a ton of people including a close friend and myself ?

I unapproved 2 off topic posts.

Suboxone is a tough drug to kick. Your first step should be getting down to 2mg a day. That will be pretty easy. Drop to 6mg for 2 weeks. Then 4 mgs for 2 weeks. Then drop down to 2mgs. After that is when it gets tricky. But for now just focus on that goal and we will help you cross the bridge when you come to it! You came to the right place we have quite a few really knowledgeable former opiate addicts who post here.