• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Clean of heroin for 2 weeks. My home life is in shambles.

Bigmike_2010

Greenlighter
I'm 2 weeks clean of heroin. This is something I've tried to accomplish many times before without success. It took me going to jail to do so. Been an opiate addict for 7 years while just the past year switiching to dope snorting. I have a couple questions I need help answered.

1. How long will this feeling of depression an impending doom loom over me? I have absolutely no energy OR motivation to do ANYTHING. Ive lost my job of 13 years, am in unbelievable debt (IRS,CHILD SUPPORT, etc)

2. I LOVE WITH ALL MY HEART my wife with whom we have 3 small children. But since being home I've completely shut down. I can't talk to her about ANYTHING. It kills me cause I'm ALWAYS MAD, SAD, HOPELESS and I take it out on her. How can I get threw this without hurting her as much as I am.

I am an counseling once a week an am currently on Pre-Trial which tests me weekly. If I fail I go back to jail till my court date in 7 months.

Please any help.

your problems are going to work themselves out if you do the work.

The biggest part I see in there is that you love your wife. Do you love her enough to be open an honest? Do you love her enough to recommit to her as being a partner rather than a liability?

If so man you are on the right track.

In order not to use I would highly suggest getting into NA or some sort of recovery therapy. We all don't use heroin because we love the ups and downs and misery associated with it.....find the root problem and save what you have.

Jobs are easy to find, it may not be what you want at first, but you need to build some trust with employers. The first thing I would do is get federally bonded.

This feeling of hopelessness and despair will always be there...it is what you do to cover it up. Small accomplishments lead to greater success and greater emotion. be strong and stalwart as a man should be, if not for you, than for your children.

Sit down and have a talk with your wife about what is happening, how you feel hopeless and depressed since coming off of opiates/heroin.

DO NOT beat yourself up about this, I think it's natural to become depressed when you first stop using a drug you are addicted to.

NA meetings do help a lot of people.

Eventually things will work out for you, if you stay sober and abstain from all drugs; but it will take some work on your part. Good luck.

2 weeks is still wet behind the ears. Its kinda like growing a beard...you don't learn to fly one of those things overnight. This is going to be a real struggle...opiates have highjacked the receptors in your brain and they will slowly get better.

Find love instead of contempt.

Yeah, with a long-term addiction like that, you're not gonna be 100 % overnight, hang in there, it will get better slowly.