• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Why do I crave to use and how can I help suppress the crave

Alien47

Bluelighter
Ok so let me start with alittle background I have used off and on with oxy for awhile and then at one point I used pretty heavily for about 2 months I snorted around 105mgs a day for 2 months and then I quit cold turkey and I was doing fine no withdrawal suprisingly exept for the want for it and I figured that would pass and it would go away but it hasn't it's bin 2 months sence I quit I did use once 5 weeks ago but idk I didn't count that even tho I should anyways the only problem I have bin having is I am always craving a high either with amphetamines or my oxy and I can't get ahold of them anymore because I'm out and I no longer have a source and I'm dieing from the crave I got to the point of me stealing pills from my grandparents and they where acedamediphene and Hydrocodone and so to get high off them I was oding highly on the acedamediphene and it was hurtin me so I didn't do it more then once and idk why am I still craving this how can I get rid of this crave or suppress it pls help its eating me up and I have not bin able to focus much because I keep craving my high pls any advice would be greatly appreciated

You're addicted to oxy and opiates. It sounds like psychologically for sure, and possibly physically.

Can you get on subs/methadone, taper down/cold turkey, or check into a rehab/detox center? Stay safe.

Think about this, if your all wishing you had some opiates because u didnt have any all the time or let that get you down your gunna miss out on alot of good times and when your gunna die youll wish you didnt wish for something so much and just enjoyed the time being doing them when they do come around in moderation as to not get addicted

First of all, it sucks you have to go through this

Secondly, I'd recommend a rehab program if you can get one of those, they can help you tackle urges like this. I also recommend SMART Recovery over AA or NA, it's research based and has tools to help combat cravings like you're having. There are meetings everywhere, look one up and head over, you can just sit and listen the whole time if you want. Other people have struggled through this, there is help

Psychedelic medicines are useful - medicines that open the consciousness nice and wide, medicines that can help relieve underlying psychic problems that lead you to constantly crave the effects of amphetamines and opiates, mainly the euphoria on both accounts, and the self-confidence and drive speed gives you, and the narcotic nod of anesthetic contentment for which opiates are incredibly notorious. In any event, psychedelic agents, used safely, often can produce anti-addictive effects, at least based on my experience, knowledge, intuition, and common sense.

I would recommend cannabis, first. Cannabis regularly on a daily basis might not be a bad idea for a couple weeks or so. But, don't leave it all up to the weed, and/or whatever more potent psychedelic medicines you might be able to use. No, don't rely on these drugs as the active agent that will clean up your addictive tendencies; understand that such drugs/medicines of a psychedelic nature, including weed, should be regarded as agents that facilitate YOU to act as the active agent in your own life. These psychedelic drugs are very powerful, even cannabis in its own rite, and should be respected as the very potentially helpful tools that they can be, but you have to try to have a generally more open mind, a more naturally content life, a comfortable and proper living space, a better attitude, thoughtfulness and introspection, and all that is good for you. It is up to you, in the end, even if you choose not to use psychedelic agents. It can be VERY hard, of course, but it is not impossible, and you sound like someone who is committed enough to try hard; that is the important thing - try your personal hardest and do your personal best.

Psychotherapy, alone, might be a good suggestion. Read up on all of that with the techniques, and apply to yourself. The reason I am not yelling at you to see a psychotherapist is because they are so often aggravating, whether they are dumb, have no empathy, cannot understand you or speak and be understood, focus on issues the therapist prefers, and so on; but, I will say it can be very helpful with the right therapist, as you are guided by an objective observer and total confidant in working out your issues.

Also, if you aren't doing much physical, try increasing general physical exercise throughout the day without even having come close to exertion. A little walk from the couch to the kitchen and back might be worth it, even if you are offered to be served. I hope you get what I am saying. And, I give you what courage I can. You can do it.

I want to thank all of u guys who posted I am getting a lot of help from all of your suggestion thank u very much guys I really do appreciate it

Remember know that u know how horrible addiction is but how great the high you should be able to use once in a while more easily now.

I wish someone would come up with a real, workable solution / answer to your question, if nothing else to put all the AA/NA/CA 12-step groups out of business.

I wish someone would come up with a real, workable solution / answer to your question, if nothing else to put all the AA/NA/CA 12-step groups out of business.
Why would he need a 12 step system kr whatever when he can just use once in a while to not get addicted and still gets to have fun?

Why would he need a 12 step system kr whatever when he can just use once in a while to not get addicted and still gets to have fun?

using once and a while is fun its unfortunate we couldn't all end up like that plus addiction is a progressive decease and it sounds like, maybe, alien47, things have gotten out of hand quickly for you and addiction doesn't like to slow down but if sobriety is no way an option for you I would recommend alternating substances I know I need to switch it up monthly to keep myself in check

using once and a while is fun its unfortunate we couldn't all end up like that plus addiction is a progressive decease and it sounds like, maybe, alien47, things have gotten out of hand quickly for you and addiction doesn't like to slow down but if sobriety is no way an option for you I would recommend alternating substances I know I need to switch it up monthly to keep myself in check

Because some people find it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to use in moderation.

Because some people find it extremely difficult (if not impossible) to use in moderation.
But dont assume everyone is weak and cant control themselves plus he knows how bad the withdrawls are and would probably be worried to get addicted again

Just take that, some people cannot control their willpower as easy as that. Just because someone relapsed with one use doesn't mean they can just as easily go back to comfortable sober living. Not to mention it can take a year or two for your brains "stop and go" system to return to a more normal state... Which leads to anhedonia. So, people often can feel quite stuck in their mental state even months after stopping all use.

Keep in mind that addiction is a complex issue and if I were you I'd have a little more empathy for those who are stuck in their addiction, considering everyone's different.

As an addict myselfd, I can absolutely confirm that planning to use in moderation does not work most of the time. Usually using in moderation will bring the addict back to their old ways rather quickly.

Not everybody has that addictive trait in the , this is why many people are able to use in moderation. However, of sounds like the OP is addicted, so I don't think it would work so well.

I'd also like to add that I know how bad my addiction has effected my life but that doesn't snap me into reality. When you need it to cope with life, it doesnt always matter how bad the repercussions are, they will keep using

Your craving a high because you feel the need to escape the real world and feel numb..u need to make your sober life something your more proud of and/or learn tactics for dealing with the stress and suffering that comes with life..cravings will always pop up but get fewer as time passes

..opiates are just that good and knowing how good the high is can be intolerable sometimes..if u can use once every few weeks and control it go ahead but the odds are that u can't..eventually addiction will grab u and after that know that your life will be a living hell

Hi Alien! Sorry you're going through this.

From what you've posted, it sounds to me like you're going to struggle with addiction. As difficult as it is to believe, there are people that don't like the feeling of being high. We're the minority.

I remember being where you are. I started out with 10mg of prescribed OxyContin a day, then fast-forward it-I ended up with IV heroin (cheaper than buying pills-at first). Telling you this won't help you, believe me, I know. I loved the high of OxyContin so much it was all I cared about. It took away all of my anxiety, panic attacks, insecurity, inferiority complex - it made me ambitious, full of energy... just everything. When I ran out of my Rx early which I always did, not only did I go through horrible withdrawal, every feeling it helped drown was intensified.

The truth of all of this is that you have underlying issues that need to be addressed. That means talking to a professional about them...if you need medications to help you, etc. it will be taken care of. I don't mean narcotics. I mean maybe a mood stabilizer. Or whatever a professional recommends. Living your life to the point of distraction about getting OxyContin isn't the way it's supposed to be. I understand the feeling very well.

I'm sure you've read through the forum and read all of the posts from so many of us that got to the end of the road with opiates. We're lucky we're still here to post them lol. Believe it or not, it comes to a point that you no longer get high-tolerance builds sooo fast and then you need opiates just to function...i.e. as soon as you wake up so you can take a shower and work because you have to make money to buy what you need.

Anyway, from what I've read there's no doubt in my mind you're going to struggle with addiction. Before obtaining it everyday becomes the sole purpose of your life-tell someone (a medical professional) your entire story...don't leave anything out. And maybe go from there The help they give you could be very lifechanging. If addiction progresses to the point I mentioned, it's synonymous to loss, deep regret and colossal damage. You can do it:) Please check in to let us know how you're doing-good or bad. We're here to be supportive not to judge you. God knows, the road I traveled to get here was long and full of forwards and backwards. All the best to you Alien.

Life can be a real shit pickle as some scholars commonly refer to it as. This is no reason to escape it with drugs. I used IV drugs for about fifteen years. It made everything numb and good...however all those problems that you were numbing away are still there.

CH Has asked the penultimate question that must be answered in order to move on and learn to suppress cravings.

Find a piece of happiness and hold onto that, cravings don't last forever but they will grab you sometimes...learn some coping methods like positive self talk. Writing about your craving and how you can stop it. Calling a trusted friend. There are so many more, but as addicts we only have one coping method...using. Develop other coping mechanisms and you will find life will get easier.