• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe A question i never saw in the forum, about heroin on top

FilSantos

Greenlighter
Hi Guys, i think i never saw this answered.
My question is, does smoking heroin on top of subutex reduces the bup half-life ou does it cancel it?
FOr example, someone takes this mg 4-4-2-2-2-2-2-2-1-1, if i smoke on the second day, the next day i would wake up like i had taken 8 the 2 days prior, right? Or does something change?

Hi Guys, i think i never saw this answered.
My question is, does smoking heroin on top of subutex reduces the bup half-life ou does it cancel it?
FOr example, someone takes this mg 4-4-2-2-2-2-2-2-1-1, if i smoke on the second day, the next day i would wake up like i had taken 8 the 2 days prior, right? Or does something change?

I don't quite follow..

Smoking heroin on top of bupe is a waste of money don't do it ,see this is how it works it makes all your receptors full , imagine tryna add water to a cup that is full right to the top ... And I didn't understand the example you set

Do not make a second thread with the same question because no one answered in twenty minutes. It shows your impatient and makes you look very selfish and rude. You are not the only one dealing with opiate dependency and your lucky to even have bupe to manage.... Really you shouldn't be doing H even..... I am on matinance now with done and inject on top, but because after being cut off high dose opiates when my dr retired and no one took over as it is non-cancer pain forcing me to cold turkey, self ween being impossible as too broke to supply, or methadone even though I have made my best effort to avoid it giving up yesterday not because of withdrawals, but chronic pain waking up screaming in pain five in the morning every morning unable to sit up until nine after needing to build up energy to get up only to cause the pain to return due to exertion causing another wait to sit up out of bed.... I was told to go to addiction treatment if I feel opiates are my best option to manage pain through therapy where I am so miserable now I want to give up and just maintain with methadone so I can seek heroin and do nothing else with my life as it seems it was never meant to go anywhere even though supposedly I have great potential I have done my best to pursue and just won't until I am treated as dependent on opiate for pain addicted to resorting to desperate measures ie. street opiates and iv use to increase BA allowing me to use less of what little could be obtained for the same relief of a larger equipotent oral dose rather than addicted to opiates with relating mental health and drug issues as if I am like the local majority that uses meth when I can not get pain management evem though I do not use ever besides one weekend because an intamit aquantence was using it and I wanted to get rid of any desire or curiosity with some I felt safe with at the time and have at worst generalized anxiety and depression that is severe, but manageable when my pain is managed coupled with aspergers spectrum disorder that is barely acknowledged and instead attempted to be labled with bipolar, schizophrenea, psychosis, etc. as they are more common and easier to "treat" allowing connections to service being easier of course accepting quite a false label and usually not only pointless medication, but detrimental medication treatment. So really unless you are in a situation as extreme as mine where against the common standard practice of care having to go to ORT addiction therapy to get opiates for a diagnosed pain condition that has now deconditioned during a period of attempting to self ween without medical support making best effort to avoid methadone only to be forced in the end to accept it as the citys health clinics are overwhelmed by outsiders taking advantage of our "superior healthcare and social support" making it impossible for locals growing up learning to navigate the system to not be able to access any health care or pain management even with pain that leaves me urinating in a waterbottle next to my bed as I am too stiff, tight, painful, and soar to go to the bathroom just out the room to the left less than ten feet just because drug abuse and medication diversion is so prevalent in this city unless you have never used an opiate they will not be prescribed.

Hi, i'm not explaining myself well, this is not my native language. But i will try better. Tacodude, i tryed to close the first one, it was not because 10 minutes have passed, but impatience is a well known quality of adicts, yes i'm impatient, but i don't thin i was rude to anyone, and you are the one who's judging a person just because of one action that you don't even know why it happened. I know i am not the only one with this desease, well... let's just pass this, i'm not offended, but i truly think that there were more jusgment and rudness from your part, i'm anxious and impatient, that i am...
unfortunaly, i'm already 20 years fighting this desease, i was recently 3 months on an rehab center, but i relapsed 1 month after leaving.
I have 2 bups to detox myself, and yes, i'm lucky in not having zero, i have 94 cents in my acount, i can«t buy more, and no more dope, it's a blessing i don't have money, or i would be consuming right now, no doubts about it.
But about the thread, let me see if i can explain better. Oh, just one thing, i don't agree that is pointless to do heroin on top, if we take (well, on my case, and i know i'm not the only one) a low bupe dose, doing H will give it a bigger effect than not having bupe, but i'm talking of 2mg for example.
My question is, let's see another example. If i take 4 mg, in 24 hours i'm still not in wd. but if 2 hours later i take heroin on top, will the wd come after the 8/10 hours of the H cause the bupe lost is half-life, or (for that porpuse) it's like i never had the H, and in 24 hours i will be fine.
Does taking H affect the bupe in our system in some kind of way? it's the question
Thanks

Heroin doesn't kick bupe off the receptors (in fact it's the opposite); therefore, heroin use should have no effect on bupe's half life.

I think that is what you are asking? (If the heroin use will cause a difference in half life of bupe, correct?)

Still, if you only have 2 subs and are trying to detox, using on top is a bad idea. The idea is to take the sub while the full agonist opiate leaves your system...if you keep taking opiate then you will run out of time for sub to cover the wd period...if you are going to use save the sub for after, when you won't use...so that it effectively helps you detox

thanks, that was my question.
yes, my objetive was not to ue on top, it was one time. now i have 2 pills, i hope i wont use it again (H), but... my confidence is not high, i don't have any money, and that's what gives me some believe that i will detox this time