• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using extraccted caffeine to make Heroin #4 smokeable

ArmouredKitten

Greenlighter
Okay so it's still not clear to me after reading conflicting opinions whether or not adding caffeine to Heroin #4 will effectively lower its melting point so as to make it smokeable. Still, I''m making an attempt.

I went and bought some generic caffeine pills from the chemist and did a really crude extraction basically just pouring boiling water over 11 crushed up 200mg pills, then decanting and filtering that liquid onto a pyrex dish and letting it evaporate.

I'm just at the point where it has evaporated and dried and I'm left with a white "powder" I guess. It really doesn't look like any sort of salt. Definitely seems like there are binders and talc or whatever still present. Surely though it's much much less binder and filler than was there originally. I ended up with about 1.5 grams of this stuff, whereas the total caffeine content of the pills I used was 2.2 grams.

I may just go ahead and try and smoke this #4 gear I get later today and see how it goes.

the only way is free basing your dope, this caffeine tek doesn't make sense at all, don't waste your time and drugs

just snort it or if you're feeling lucky may be try free basing it, i'm sure you'll find a tek online... may be try using ammonium hydroxide like crack (might go wrong)

I don't know, I kind of think it does make sense.

From what I understand, the reason heroin #4 isn't smokeable as-is is because its melting point is too high because of the hcl. Because the melting point is so much higher than the vaporization point of the heroin, it gets destroyed by the time it vaporizes. Apparently, by mixing in caffeine you are doing 2 things.

1. you're adding a chemical which will lower the melting point
2. the caffeine also kind of serves as insulation so that it heats up more slowly so you are at less risk of burning/destroying it by the time it vaporizes.

Again, this is just my (most likely) poor understanding of how this chemistry works. Please feel free to correct me, anybody.

you're correct about the reason why heroin no. 4 is not smokeable, but adding caffeine does not change that... you'd need to chemically break the ionic bond betwen the amine (aminium?) and the chloride, turning the salt (ionic compound, strong intermolecular forces, hence high b.p.) to the freebase. it's the same principle and reason to turn cocaine into crack.

i gave it a quick google search to see if i found any teks on it and i found a BL thread about it... someone mentioned this caffeine stunt but honestly doesn't make sense to me - i could be wrong. also, someone suggested that the OP smoked the no.4 as it was and the OP reported it worked... then later there's a bit of talk on freebasing it... here it is: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-727731.html

How to freebase than safely?? Obviously one can do like crack mixing dope water and baking soda then evaping, but can one make a dope solution that a basic solution (high ph baking/washing soda, lye, etc) is mixed into causing the bond to break using a NPS like naptha to mix, pull, and seperate from the water to evaporate it leaving freebase heroin or is it more complicated than salting and freebasing dmt?

Edit: Seems I am right looking at the above post

Well it looks like this caffeine thing actually worked. I mixed the extracted caffeine and heroin at roughly 1:1 and have been vaping it off of foil to great success.

I've tried vaping the gear without the caffeine to compare efficacy and it definitely smokes better with the caffeine.

According to rachamin #2 is the brown freebase gear we get in Europe from Afghanistan. #3 doesn't really exist anymore but you are correct. #3 is south east Asia heroin mixed with caffeine to make it smokeable. 50/50 ratio. Be careful of pill binders but it sounds like you got it right