• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Benzo tapering

spamvicious

Greenlighter
For the past year I've been on 3mg of Lorazepam (ativan) as well as other anti depressants. So when I last saw my psych we discussed how I was only taking the Lorazepam now because my body would go into withdrawal, not because psychologically I needed them. So we decided to switch me over to Diazepam and start tapering that way and it would be 30mg of Diazepam a day. So basically I'm tapering off at 2mg a week, I'm now on my second week and having no side effects or withdrawals or anything. Am I just lucky or is it likely to get worse the more I taper?. I know benzos as bad to withdraw from but I haven't seen much about diazepam specifically. Any help would be appreciated :)

As long as you taper slowly then you should not really have any withdrawals - problems usually occur when people try and taper too quickly.

I would say that IF you start to feel sketchy, to immediately go back to the previous dose that you felt ok at. I thankfully never had to taper off benzos but from what I've read it's best to take the taper reeeaal sloooow. Good luck!