⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Official F&T Greatest Film of All-Time! FINAL ROUND

Which is the best?

• Total voters

Bardeaux

Bluelight Crew
This is it, folks.

The crème de la crème (according to f&tv voters)

Which film will prevail as the greatest of them all? The decision is now, the time for action is here!

Tell us.....

What is the greatest film of all time?

Last edited:
Out of those films has any film influenced popular culture as well as other films as much as The Godfather? It's even had a huge impact on organized crime. Life imitating art.

What is meant by "best"? Is it just our personal favorite or should things like influencing popular culture be taken into consideration?

How did Alien make it this far . . .

Fear of things bursting out of the stomach?

I think most people are voting for their favorites out of the bunch, rather than what should be considered "the best".

I know I'm doing this, at least.

Hmmm.

My favorite is Fight Club. However, from a 'critical/cinematography' point of view, I went with Goodfellas.

Not judging the OP for this post as I think that the movies listed here are definitely good ones for the books. Cheers...

Definitely curious though as to how this list was made, how certain movies came to be in this list &/or how it was possible to narrow down to 10 movies listed out of the thousands of great films there are out there....
... Such as Alien... I mean Alien? Was it really that good of a movie to make it onto such a prestigious list

Last edited:
^ I believe it was originally the IMDB top 100 and it has been narrowed down through public polling.

I have been voting for my favourites, as opposed to what I think should be considered "the best". I think this is only natural. To be fair, I have watched and rewatched a number of films before voting in the polls in order to be more informed and balanced.

Pulp Fiction has been my favourite film since the first time I watched it, I am pretty happy to see it sitting in the top spot three days before the poll closes. :)

^ I believe it was originally the IMDB top 100 and it has been narrowed down through public polling.

Indeed, the final 10 is purely the decision of F&TV voters through a series of rounds, starting with the IMDB top 100. I know we've caught some shit for using the IMDB top 100, but really, logistically, it just made the most sense. Imagine how much time it would have taken for FTV to nominate 100 films before then narrowing them down to one winner.

... Such as Alien... I mean Alien? Was it really that good of a movie to make it onto such a prestigious list

Considering the other movies on the list, sure. Why not? It's easily one of the most influential horror films ever made, and a fine piece of art in its own right - the many clever practical effects and its slower, creeping, psychological style has allowed the film to age remarkably well. Besides The Shining (and maybe a couple other personal favorites) I can't think of a better representative for the horror genre. I'd say it's at least as deserving a spot on the list as Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club, and Schindler's List which, in my opinion, are some of the most overrated films of all time. But, you know - opinions, assholes, etc. One person's trash is another's treasure.

Also, I think calling the list "prestigious" is a bit of an overstatement, dontcha think? ;)

Saving Private Ryan isn't a patch on A Thin Red Line

Totally agree! SPR always gets talked about a lot more, but I thought A Thin Red Line was better. Really outstanding war movie, but was over-shadowed by Saving Private Ryan. They're both WWII movies and they both came out in the same year, but SPR is in Europe fighting the Nazi's versus Thin Red Line which was fighting the Japanese in the South Pacific. From an American perspective it seems like there is more interest in the European aspect of the war, what with the Nazi's being so technologically advanced, Hitler being so crazy, and a large percentage of Americans having family roots that start in Europe. When you hear about war against Japan it's usually just the start and end point. Pearl Harbor to start and the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.Thin Red Line doesn't seem to get it's due.

Last edited:
considering the other movies on the list, sure. Why not? It's easily one of the most influential horror films ever made, and a fine piece of art in its own right - the many clever practical effects and its slower, creeping, psychological style has allowed the film to age remarkably well. Besides the shining (and maybe a couple other personal favorites) i can't think of a better representative for the horror genre. I'd say it's at least as deserving a spot on the list as saving private ryan, fight club, and schindler's list which, in my opinion, are some of the most overrated films of all time. But, you know - opinions, assholes, etc. One person's trash is another's treasure.

Also, i think calling the list "prestigious" is a bit of an overstatement, dontcha think? ;)

WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE ALIVE

seriously

Saving Private Ryan was confronting and ground breaking special effects wise, particularly the opening scenes, yet the majority of the movie was Hollywood schmaltz with Tom Hanks wiping sweat and blood away from his eyes while trying to save Matt Damon's character, who if truth be known, I would have left behind.

Thin Red Line on the other hand has a much stronger cast, with a far grittier story line. Sean Penn shits over Hanks.

Voted finally and not surprised to see the pleb choice winning and not the goat
Played out in typical tv fashion