• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Any personal experience w/ Calm Support, Elimidrol, or other opiate-withdrawal aids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairohwin

Greenlighter
I have been on methadone maintenance for... way too long. Have begun a taper, but it has been a bit of a bumpy road. I seem to be especially predisposed/sensitive to the withdrawal related anxiety. While on methadone, I have tried a few products marketed to those on methadone specifically formulated to help with the side-effects of methadone maintenance, such as sweating, fatigue, etc., and have surprisingly found a product that WORKED. Due to this experience, I am curious if anyone has ever tried products like Elimidrol or Calm Support, both of which are advertised to help ease opiate-related withdrawal symptoms, from anxiety and RLS to fatigue and diarrhea. The reviews on Calm Support on Amazon are very positive, but this could be clever marketing.

If any of you have used these or similar products, and have found they work, or don't, please let me know! I am curious about your experiences with such products so that I may have something to help me with the weird anxiety I experience 24/7 while in withdrawal.
Thanks!

(I hope this post is in the right place.)

I have never tried, but I am not sure how they could hurt. Don't expect miracles from it, but any little bit helps. Anxiety sucks, but its kinda part of the process. Just be sure to check what is exactly in those products.

Tried them all, Elimidrol worked very well for me, the rest did absolutely nothing for me. Anxiety, depression, and restless legs were my worst symptoms and it handled each one great.

The bad news is that I actually relapsed so many times that I was able to basically try everything you can think of, if someone said it may help with withdrawal then I tried it. Ingredients I can’t even pronounce lol. But the only bright side of it is that I have experience with it all. I was pretty bad off though so I don’t know if other people’s experience will be different but with calm support, withdrawal aid, and there were a few others out there (some that don’t even exist any more I bet) none of them did anything. With Elimidrol however I felt it pretty quickly and it was obvious. It wasn’t 0 suffering but by golly it was way better. Good stuff.

More important than anything though is to keep reminding yourself to stay strong and take each minute as it comes, it’s far too easy to give in to that addiction voice in your head, don’t allow it under any circumstance. Keep your will strong. You’ll be just fine.

Tried them all, Elimidrol worked very well for me, the rest did absolutely nothing for me. Anxiety, depression, and restless legs were my worst symptoms and it handled each one great.

The bad news is that I actually relapsed so many times that I was able to basically try everything you can think of, if someone said it may help with withdrawal then I tried it. Ingredients I can’t even pronounce lol. But the only bright side of it is that I have experience with it all. I was pretty bad off though so I don’t know if other people’s experience will be different but with calm support, withdrawal aid, and there were a few others out there (some that don’t even exist any more I bet) none of them did anything. With Elimidrol however I felt it pretty quickly and it was obvious. It wasn’t 0 suffering but by golly it was way better. Good stuff.

More important than anything though is to keep reminding yourself to stay strong and take each minute as it comes, it’s far too easy to give in to that addiction voice in your head, don’t allow it under any circumstance. Keep your will strong. You’ll be just fine.

Thank you for your response! I will give Elimidrol a try, then! I will wait to try Calm Support, since it is a bit pricey! I appreciate your response, thank you. :)

I have never tried, but I am not sure how they could hurt. Don't expect miracles from it, but any little bit helps. Anxiety sucks, but its kinda part of the process. Just be sure to check what is exactly in those products.

Calm Support (tldr version below):

"CalmSupport only uses active versions of vitamins which do not need to be metabolized by your body, allowing for easier digestion, faster absorption to provide the maximum benefit. We also use the finest organic herbal powder rather than extracts in order to give you the full benefit that each specific herb provides. We pride ourselves by offering the highest quality ingredients in our amazing supplement.

- Organic Passion Flower Herb Powder – The properties in passionflower make it useful as a soothing sleep-aid and in supporting relaxation in times of stress. Scientists believe that passionflower works by increasing levels of a chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain. GABA reduces the activity of some brain cells, inducing a greater state of relaxation.
- Organic Valerian Root Powder – Valerian has been used for thousands of years around the world to treat several disorders including restlessness, nervousness and insomnia. It fights anxiety, nervousness, lowers heart rate which relieves hypertension.
- Organic Oat Seed Powder – Oats strengthen and rebuild the nervous system and are one of the finest herbs to use after you have gone through long periods of stress and physical work.
- GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) – GABA is a chemical that is made in the brain. It is taken by mouth for relieving anxiety, improving mood, reducing symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It is also used for promoting lean muscle growth, burning fat, stabilizing blood pressure, and relieving pain.
- L-Theanine as L-TeaActive (TM) – L-Theanine as L-TeaActive(TM) has been shown to have a direct influence on brain activity, such as reducing stress. It has the ability to relax the mind without causing drowsiness.
- Organic Phyllanthus (Bhumyamalaki) Herb Powder – Bhumyamalaki is an herb with strong detoxifying properties for the liver.
- Organic Velvet Bean Seed Powder – Also known as Mucuna Pruriens. Contains L-Dopa, which is a precursor to the neurotransmitter Dopamine. This property makes this herb fantastic for people suffering through withdrawal and whose dopamine levels are very low.
- Organic Ginger Root Powder – Ginger has shown to be an effective remedy for the nausea associated with motion sickness. It is also an anti-inflammatory and is a powerful natural painkiller. Research has shown that ginger may provide headache relief due to its ability to stop prostaglandins from causing pain and inflammation in blood vessels.
- Organic Motherwort Herb Powder – Calming herb helpful for combating irritability and emotional volatility. Motherwort can relieve heart palpitations and reduce hypertension caused by anxiety.
- Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder – Ashwagandha has been shown to ease agitation and feelings of worry as well as to decrease the symptoms of opiate withdrawal. Its ability to stabilize moods and boost adrenal recovery is highly valued by many herbalists.
- L-Tryptophan – L-Tryptophan is used for insomnia, sleep apnea, depression, anxiety, facial pain, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder(ADHD). After absorbing L-Tryptophan, our bodies convert it to 5-HTP (5-hyrdoxytryptophan) and then to Seratonin. Seratonin transmits signals between nerve cells and alters mood.

Vitamins:
- Zinc (as Zinc Citrate) – Zinc is a metal. It is called an “essential trace element” because very small amounts of zinc are necessary for human health. Zinc is used for treatment and prevention of zinc deficiency and its consequences, including stunted growth and acute diarrhea, and slow wound healing. It is used for boosting the immune system, production of antibodies, T-cells and other blood cell activity.
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) – Vitamin C is nature's "drug fighter." It helps people withdraw from drugs - ranging from prescribed mood changers to addictive substances such as heroin. It does this by enhancing metabolism of the drug and muting both toxicity and side effects. It can also reverse side effects from drugs that are necessary to some individuals' existence.
- Thiamin (as Thiamine HCL) – Thiamin aids the central nervous system. Your body uses it to process fats, carbs and proteins. An addict’s body is unable to properly absorb Thiamine leading to a deficiency. This deficiency can lead to Beriberi, a disease that causes lesions of nerves, general debility, and painful rigidity. It is also essential for the functioning of the heart and muscles.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) – Pyridoxine, also known as vitamin B6, is necessary for the transformation and utilization of amino acids for many functions in the body, including energy production and neurotransmitter synthesis.* Vitamin B6 is also involved in the production of hemoglobin, intrinsic factor, and is a vital component in the formation of the myelin sheath that surrounds nerve cells. But in order for pyridoxine to be used by the body it must first be converted to pyridoxal 5'-phosphate (P5P), a process that takes place in the liver. Individuals with compromised liver function have difficulty making this conversion and consequently may be at risk of a vitamin B6 deficiency. Supplementing with CalmSupport's Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate ensures you receive the most bioactive form of vitamin B6.
- Folic Acid – Folic acid deficiency has been found among people with depression and has been linked to poor response to antidepressant treatment. Some study suggests that folic acid supplementation might decrease systolic blood pressure and improve flow-mediated dilation. Folic acid deficiency will occur if the body does not get the adequate amount of folic acid from dietary intake. Folic acid has been shown to be effective in the treatment of megaloblastic and macrocytic anemias due to folate deficiency.
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) – Vitamin B12 is used for treating and preventing vitamin B12 deficiency, a condition in which vitamin B12 levels in the blood are too low. It is also used to treat pernicious anemia, a serious type of anemia that is due to vitamin B12 deficiency and is found mostly in older people. For this purpose, people use either a supplement that is taken by mouth or a gel that is applied inside the nose. Vitamin B12 is also used for memory loss; Alzheimer’s disease; boosting mood, energy, concentration and the immune system; and slowing aging.

CalmSupport does not use Magnesium Stearate as a flow agent. It is unnecessary for manufacturing and has the potential to greatly decrease the absorption of the formula. Additionally, it is a red flag in the industry that often indicates a supplement is of inferior quality. There have also been questions raised as to whether Magnesium Stearate has the potential to be toxic."

tldr: Organic Passion Flower Herb Powder, Organic Valerian Root Powder, Organic Oat Seed Powder, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), L-Theanine as L-TeaActive (TM), Organic Phyllanthus (Bhumyamalaki) Herb Powder, Organic Velvet Bean Seed Powder, Organic Ginger Root Powder, Organic Motherwort Herb Powder, Organic Ashwagandha Root Powder, L-Tryptophan, Zinc (as Zinc Citrate), Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), Thiamin (as Thiamine HCL), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)

Elimidrol:
Daytime Formula
Ingredients-Daytime.jpg

Nighttime Formula
Ingredients-Nighttime.jpg

Did you use the Daytime and/or Nighttime formula? Did you notice a difference in them if you tried both?

Yea, I took both the Daytime and Nighttime formulas, was a pretty distinguishable difference between them. Seemed similar to the difference between like a dayquil and a nyquil but the nighttime didn't knock me out or anything it just felt more comfortable when I was laying down and I actually got sleep with it. Was glad i got both, nights are brutal for me but then again days are long so both came to good use.

W/aids made the difference for me. I switched from bupe to codeine and found that my withdrawal duration and intensity matched that of codeine as opposed to bupe (shorter less intense). I would never try and quit a long term meth habit CT. I've always recommended transitioning to bupe and then to codeine. Bupe is a stabiliser and codeine is more of a comfort med which if used for a month or so "trades wd pains". During this period you have the perfect opportunity to start meditating because as the opiates leave your system more and more of the "old you" will resurface. Pm me if you're interested in meditation techniques :) Im pretty ADD so if it works for me....

Most of the stuff I used to ride out the final jump was natural but here's a long list

An SSRI such as Effexor (item 3 can interfere with these so it can be a case of using one or the other)
Nigella Sativa Oil
Turmeric/Black Pepper/Coconut Oil (All three together is essential)
8L water daily (water consumption boosts endorphins)
POSITIVE HUMAN INTERACTION: I cant stress this enough because being around others in a nurturing setting can be powerful. If opiates are a surrogate for human relationships this can make the difference

Since quitting ive had pretty bad acid reflux and low motivation. I have to down enough tums to neutralise an acid bath heh. I was clean for a year and a 1/4, relapsed and am now clean again so my approach works for me.

this last post is pretty old but I am going to order Elimidrol today and i will be back to let you all know if it works.. Been using h for 2 years now. tried to quit using methadone but pain in the ass to go dose everyday. tried calm support and that didnt work at all. tried to taper but that didnt work either. might as well give this a shot. Its kind of expensive but i spend that each day on dope so why not.

I have been on methadone maintenance for... way too long. Have begun a taper, but it has been a bit of a bumpy road. I seem to be especially predisposed/sensitive to the withdrawal related anxiety. While on methadone, I have tried a few products marketed to those on methadone specifically formulated to help with the side-effects of methadone maintenance, such as sweating, fatigue, etc., and have surprisingly found a product that WORKED. Due to this experience, I am curious if anyone has ever tried products like Elimidrol or Calm Support, both of which are advertised to help ease opiate-related withdrawal symptoms, from anxiety and RLS to fatigue and diarrhea. The reviews on Calm Support on Amazon are very positive, but this could be clever marketing.

If any of you have used these or similar products, and have found they work, or don't, please let me know! I am curious about your experiences with such products so that I may have something to help me with the weird anxiety I experience 24/7 while in withdrawal.
Thanks!

(I hope this post is in the right place.)

This is. Don't worry you will be out of this soon enough. If you are skeptical about the creator of calm support, I have grown to respect the man who invented it. Ryan is an ex oxy addict (I can't imagine taking the amount he did) who's purpose is to help people get through addiction.

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/calmsupport

I have become a fan I ordered some before he even came up online. I am going to test it out. If it works for me and curing my acute withdrawals I will let you know (right now they are KILLING ME, can't sleep, anxious, fatigued etc etc)

this last post is pretty old but I am going to order Elimidrol today and i will be back to let you all know if it works.. Been using h for 2 years now. tried to quit using methadone but pain in the ass to go dose everyday. tried calm support and that didnt work at all. tried to taper but that didnt work either. might as well give this a shot. Its kind of expensive but i spend that each day on dope so why not.

Black, I would suggest paying $100 bucks and going on suboxone for a week. It worked for me but I stayed on it for about 25 days so I am experiencing for minor discomfort but it made quitting BTH difficult but not impossible

Möbius can you PM me?? I'm still a greenlighter because of lack of posts, but I am curious of switching to codeine for a couple weeks after Suboxone maintenance with the help of my amazing wife and I am interested in meditation techniques. Thanks, hope to hear from you.

Möbius can you PM me?? I'm still a greenlighter because of lack of posts, but I am curious of switching to codeine for a couple weeks after Suboxone maintenance with the help of my amazing wife and I am interested in meditation techniques. Thanks, hope to hear from you.

Odds are strong that Mobius doesn't post here anymore and will never see your question. Also your question is offtopic in a old thread. Considering all that I am going to close this thread with the suggestion that you start a new thread for your question.

Please PM me Möbius. I replied to wrong person, sorry new greenlighter here.

W/aids made the difference for me. I switched from bupe to codeine and found that my withdrawal duration and intensity matched that of codeine as opposed to bupe (shorter less intense). I would never try and quit a long term meth habit CT. I've always recommended transitioning to bupe and then to codeine. Bupe is a stabiliser and codeine is more of a comfort med which if used for a month or so "trades wd pains". During this period you have the perfect opportunity to start meditating because as the opiates leave your system more and more of the "old you" will resurface. Pm me if you're interested in meditation techniques :) Im pretty ADD so if it works for me....

Most of the stuff I used to ride out the final jump was natural but here's a long list

An SSRI such as Effexor (item 3 can interfere with these so it can be a case of using one or the other)
Nigella Sativa Oil
Turmeric/Black Pepper/Coconut Oil (All three together is essential)
8L water daily (water consumption boosts endorphins)
POSITIVE HUMAN INTERACTION: I cant stress this enough because being around others in a nurturing setting can be powerful. If opiates are a surrogate for human relationships this can make the difference

Since quitting ive had pretty bad acid reflux and low motivation. I have to down enough tums to neutralise an acid bath heh. I was clean for a year and a 1/4, relapsed and am now clean again so my approach works for me.

Möbius can you PM I keep replying in the wrong spots.. Augh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.