• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

jammin83

Bluelighter
Not sure about Noah really. Seems like they could have picked any other of the correspondents and had a funnier show. I never liked any of his segments really. Kinda wordy, idk. Trying to keep an open mind but not feeling excited at all.

I watch the nightly show sometimes but Larry Wilmore is just not very funny. A few chuckles but I would literally laugh out loud at both of the old shows. Feeling super bummed about this.

:\

I think they should of let the idea have a break. There is no way he can fill Johns shoes.

i agree. they should have killed it completely.

alasdair

Jon Stewart is already doing his next thing.

Exclusive: Jon Stewart to host WWE SummerSlam
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2015/08/17/exclusive-jon-stewart-host-wwe-summerslam/31858675/
Jon Stewart's getting back in the ring.

In his first major gig since leaving The Daily Show Aug. 6 after a 16-year run, Stewart has signed on to be the host of WWE's SummerSlam on Sunday. The four-hour event airs live from Brooklyn's sold-out Barclays Center at 7 p.m. ET/4 PT on WWE Network.

It almost sounds like a joke at first..

Give it time. I said the same thing when Jon Stewart took over for Craig Kilborn.

I still think they should've ended "The Daily Show" and gave Trevor Noah a new show/name. I suspect Comedy Central believes the popularity of the show would drop more if they changed the name than if they didn't.

I like Trevor Noah a lot. I think it's unfair to to expect/ask him to replace Jon Stewart or even follow in his footsteps.

I don't want to watch Trevor Noah trying to be Jon Stewart.. I just want to watch Trevor Noah. I don't see what's wrong with having a new personality.. It's actually refreshing. Noah is extremely talented and I think he's going to do great on the Daily Show. Not only is the dude hilarious, but he's actually really fucking smart. Really looking forward to watching him for years too come

Larry Wilmore seems like a better fit than Noah...

and JS commentating SummerSlam is pretty awesome. it's not surprising at all - he, well his kids, are huge WWE fans. he's made cameo appearances for WWE and had multiple pro wrestlers guest spot during TDS

I like Trevor Noah a lot. I think it's unfair to to expect/ask him to replace Jon Stewart or even follow in his footsteps.

I don't want to watch Trevor Noah trying to be Jon Stewart.. I just want to watch Trevor Noah. I don't see what's wrong with having a new personality.. It's actually refreshing. Noah is extremely talented and I think he's going to do great on the Daily Show. Not only is the dude hilarious, but he's actually really fucking smart. Really looking forward to watching him for years too come

I just miss Jon. I couldn't even watch the last couple months because it made me too sad. I grew up with him and now I am totally butthurt. I am willing to give him a shot. I missed the show last night but I will most likely watch it. I wasn't a fan of his segments, I like a lot of the other segments from other correspondents better but as far as making a show, it's more complicated than that I realize. He does seem really smart. It's a difficult balance finding someone that is genuinely hilarious coupled with common sense and brains. Jon Stewart was all of those things and its just tough to fill his shoes is all.

You ever watch (former Daily Show correspondent) John Oliver's show? "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver"? I guess it's on HBO but I've been watching clips of it on youtube and I think it's pretty good. Manages to balance humor and insight into serious topics well.

Last Week Tonight is pretty excellent, I think it might even surpass Jon Stewart's show in quality.

I'm liking Trevor Noah, but it feels like he's still in that awkward stage that every new host of any show goes through. I think as time goes on and he finds his groove, he'll do just fine.

I've been trying to give Noah a chance, I really have. The show should have died when Stewart left, I find myself looking forward to Last Week Tonight, while I flip on TDS when there's nothing else on. It's not very funny, it's not informative, it doesn't stir the same sort of dialog. I just can't do it. Sorry, Trevor, I tried.