• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

norco reccomendations

thisisme70

Greenlighter
I have severe neuropathy, i get a script for 3 per day, but i can easily take 6 of course i have taken 15 in one day. but every single month i run out which brings more issues. I want to take as much as i can for the first week or so but then slowdown the last week or so, how many of these things would you take to achieve a good high? ....ya i love them but that also treat my pain. i want to take as many as i can now and slowdown later in the month and reach a milestone and not run out.

I too struggle with this same issue. I'm prescribed four a day and end up running out each month. Maybe set an amount left to reach, say 60 and say "When I reach this amount I'm going to only limit myself to two a day" or whatever it works out that you can take per day until the next refill. As far as how many you need to achieve a good high, mileage varies per user depending on your tolerance and what you consider a good high. To me 15 is a bit excessive as that a lot of acetaminophen to eat in one go. You don't want to kill your liver cause once it's gone it's gone as I understand it and it's transplant time. I try to limit myself to 10 at the most at a time and need around four minimum to achieve a noticeable euphoria. Perhaps a little more info would help us guide you. What is the minimum you need to achieve your baseline euphoria and how long have you been on three a day?

BTW this might be better suited for the Basic Drug Discussion forum. Perhaps a moderator or admin can move this there?

I too struggle with this same issue. I'm prescribed four a day and end up running out each month. Maybe set an amount left to reach, say 60 and say "When I reach this amount I'm going to only limit myself to two a day" or whatever it works out that you can take per day until the next refill. As far as how many you need to achieve a good high, mileage varies per user depending on your tolerance and what you consider a good high. To me 15 is a bit excessive as that a lot of acetaminophen to eat in one go. You don't want to kill your liver cause once it's gone it's gone as I understand it and it's transplant time. I try to limit myself to 10 at the most at a time and need around four minimum to achieve a noticeable euphoria. Perhaps a little more info would help us guide you. What is the minimum you need to achieve your baseline euphoria and how long have you been on three a day?

It used to be 2 at a time, but i find myself wanting to get higher and higher...i have been taking 3 a day but is been 4 a day now im at 6 a day minimum makes me happy. my wife holds them and i have to manipulate her to get more. so i prefer 6 a day, i just wish there was a street alternative that would get me high and treat my pain at the same time.i looked around last night and i discovered thai kratom.....does this stuff really work? and how long will a 5 oz bag last? whats a good starting dosage? i was hoping it would tie me over at the end of the month when i run out early. what is your experience....btw...i get me refill tommorow after being without for 2 weeks and believe me im counting the hours!

btw...i get me refill tommorow after being without for 2 weeks and believe me im counting the hours!
LOL, I hear ya. Those two weeks sure do suck though don't they? The plus side of this is if you burn through them in two weeks your withdrawal will not be too bad, the minus is the wait time with no meds. I tried to get my doc to write me for six a day seeing as they only last about 4 hours for me if that but no go. I just try to be thankful for what I have. Don't get me wrong, I do suffer from chronic debilitating pain it's just the pleasant side effects that make it hard to take the prescribed dose and take it for the right reason. Bad depression/anxiety/ocd only make it that much harder as the pain meds help a lot with that as far as mood and motivation and pretty much all the anti-depressants I've tried (and I've tried A LOT) don't help much if at all.
looked around last night and i discovered thai kratom.....does this stuff really work? and how long will a 5 oz bag last? whats a good starting dosage? i was hoping it would tie me over at the end of the month when i run out early. what is your experience....
I've tried the kratom capsules as well as a drink that were both purchased from the local headshop and they didn't do anything for me. I started small and kept adding more but nothing. It may have just been that the capsules and drink I tried were poor quality. From what I understand if you purchase the leaf itself from a good source and make your own tea with it it's supposed to be worlds better than what comes in the capsules. I never got that far myself as I gave up on it after my first experience yielded no results. There are probably a lot of folks here who have better info and more experience with kratom who can give you better feedback/advice on that. In fact I believe there may be a forum or sub-forum specifically related to kratom but I'm not sure as I'm new here. Now back to the Norco, what strength are you on?

i'm on 7.5's. I'm too afraid to ask the dr to increase it in fear that he might red flag me and stop it, too me the risk is too high....i just want to find some other stuff to keep me high.....i dont drink anymore, but i have spent my life being fucked up on something so i want to keep that going...like i mentioned before Kratom i found some enhanced stuff that one guy says works. but i need something that wont trash me so i can still work ya know? I'm a guitar player of 25 years so you know how musicians are lol

Yeah, I hear ya. Well if the 7.5s work for your pain then no reason to ask for an increase however if you do get to a point where the 7.5s aren't cutting it then don't be afraid to ask. With opiate pain meds the same dose isn't going to work forever and as tolerance builds you may need a higher dose or stronger med to reach your pain relief goal. Just don't get greedy and ask for something excessive. Hopefully you're getting your meds from a pain management doc and not a GP because I could see a GP being hesitant to up a dose if needed whereas this is what pain management is for and they see those types of situations all the time.

my prefered dose of norco, vicodin, lortab (hydrocodone) is and has always been 30mgs. as far as limiting yourself wait until about 3pm-5pm to take your dose and always an hour before the dose take 45mgs of dxm thats what i do anyways.

I would recommend weed to you. It seems like you are in somewhat of an addiction because you realize that getting high on your pills the first week isn't a good idea and causes problems for you when you run out, yet you talk about still wanting to take a bunch to get high.

Just smoke some good sedating Indica with your painkillers, try taking the normal dose the weed will make it much stronger. You dont want to be taking 6 one day then 3 another because 3 wont be enough. Just keep the painkiller dose level and use other substances to potentiate, trust me I am not trying to tell you not to get high I am just giving you advice I learned the hard way.

Find some good sedating weed that will send you to the moon, trust.

well i'm new to the erea and i have trouble trusting people that i have not known very long, so i wished weed was an option, it just isnt at this point. and i'm not seeing a pain management dr, my main dr sent me to one. he tried nerve shots which didnt work for my pain, it was just a steroid shot of some sort and he kept saying narcotics wont work, but yet its my main dr who prescribes my norco and yes it does work so he refused to help me out...so i went back to my regular dr.

Yes, but he's also asking for our opinions, so it's a valid answer. As someone who's been stuck in the exact same cycle, it's something I would recommend as well.
Doing this (using a lot and then a little or none) is going to jack your tolerance so much that eventually you'll get a day or two of a good high and then pretty much kill their pain relieving properties for the rest of your month. So if it's at all possible, and if you want legitimate help with your pain, you need to quit getting high on them and really use them as prescribed. Otherwise you're really going to sacrifice your pain relief for a decent buzz a few days a month.

Yeah like they said weed increases the amount of opiate in your bloodstream, so it's a no-brainer really. Alcohol as well I think? You gotta take your pills as prescribed. Your method of increasing the amount of opiate in your system is your business as long as you can pass a pee test :) My doc doesnt mind thc in my pee. Kratom is another obvious resource as its stronger than norco anyhow and doesnt show on a pee screen.

^Agree. I call it the show that never ends. I've done the same as OP for years now, & I'm just over it. I asked to be switched to morphine as I could not stop abusing oxy.

Binge, withdraw, repeat.

I was on an extremely high dose & still it wasn't enough. As time went on the massive amount of oxy would last less & less of the month. The longer you're on opiates the worse the wds get.

Check out the potentation thread, there's some good info on how to achieve a high while using fewer pills.

Rtp

Hey RTP! ThisIS, Why even try to get high off your prescribed pills? I always figured if I wanted to get high I would need to make a street level connect. I guess I shouldnt tell you where to find an easy connect, but just be creative. Think "where do people in poverty hang out" :) Good Luck

^Agree. I call it the show that never ends. I've done the same as OP for years now, & I'm just over it. I asked to be switched to morphine as I could not stop abusing oxy.

Binge, withdraw, repeat.

I was on an extremely high dose & still it wasn't enough. As time went on the massive amount of oxy would last less & less of the month. The longer you're on opiates the worse the wds get.

Check out the potentation thread, there's some good info on how to achieve a high while using fewer pills.

Rtp

Not to highjack the thread, but I too like you and the OP struggle with "the show that never ends" and would love some good potentiation info to help me consume fewer pills and make my script last. I have tried a search and have come across various threads that mention potentiation and give some info but I haven't been able to find any sticky or MEGA potentiation thread if it exists. Would you or someone else who knows please post a link to the thread or threads? Would highly appreciate it. Thanks.