• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm super scared to detox off of three weeks of heavy opiates

Bluedogpink

Greenlighter
so I usually will use opiates or tram for a week or so, go through a few uncomfortable days, not use for a week or two, rinse and repeat.
Well I normally come across just tramadol 120 at a time and Norco 10/325 normally 10-20 at a time. Well in three weeks I've had:
30 10 mg oxy
40 Norco
240 tram
And I'm about out. How bad is this going to hurt? What should I do to ease the pain? I feel like an idiot for getting myself into this, as a former iv heroin user I know better. I did ibogaine to avoid withdrawal last time and I've never had to go through real withdrawal. Can anyone weigh in??

Welcome to BL buddy. :)

If you can get gabapentin or lyrica they will ease the discomfort immensely, just don't take it longer than your kick because they can create nasty dependencies too. Tenex or clonadine could help you as well. Ibuprofen for the aches and pains. If it gets real bad loperamide can ease the pain quite a bit but it's an opioid so it could prolong your kick. A benzo or phenibut can calm down the anxiety so you can get some rest but try and stick to those at night if you can but you don't want to become dependent on those either. If you can't get those in time then use an antihistamine for sleep. The challenging part is going to be staying clean once you kick and not repeating the cycle, esp. if you can get the comfort meds because for some people they make it too easy.

In all honesty, you haven't been using that long and those doses aren't too high. It will definitely be uncomfortable but it shouldn't be too bad. You can do it! Hang in there, let us know how it goes and we will be here to support you along the way. Good luck!

^ pretty good advice here.

Loperamide, short term BZDs, a bit of booze, Benadryl (or Vistaril if you can get it), another good one is Zofran (ondasteron), clonidine or maybe propranolol, all of these drugs will help a bit, also kratom, although that stuff is addictive in it's own right, but TBH, all that jazz may be overkill. Three weeks is not too long and your doses aren't too big. Withdrawal on this level isn't that much worse than a case of a flu tbh. The important thing is willpower. The best thing to do of course is to taper down a little bit at a time, if that's practicable.

You'll be alright you just have to suffer for the first 3 days..I was a skeptic of loperderm but it helped