• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

1 month sober!

Justasimpleguy

Greenlighter
Hey all,

So, I've been cleaning from h for one month. All physical symptoms have subsided. I get occasional hot flashes n shit. But the fact I can shit without being launched into orbit is what I'm,happy about. Lol.

I get waves of anxiety associated with PAWS. But I've found if I wait it out, it goes away.. sleeping is still a Damn issue. I don't want to take anything other then melatonin because I don't want to have more issues down the road. I feel really good knowing that I can honestly say I'm no longer in active addiction.. just the wave of guilt for my behavior and actions over the time I was using is reallyweighing on me.. anyway.. this was just an update. Good luck to everyone was in recovering well.

Congrats man that's awesome
My advice is don't get to comfortable cuz cravings can come out of no where and you must learn how to deal with them
Keep it up man that's awsome

Congratulations! Keep it up.
Remember that cravings do not last the entire day. If it comes to that live half a day at a time if needed!
Good luck!

Congrats im 3 weeks clean and feel great don't have any urges to get back on that freight train

Congrats !!!!! What a way to start my day. Reading something like this first thing in this morning is a blessing. Just to know there is hope and someone is making it happen for themselves gives me peace. Stay on your toes and don't let the wreckage of the past bring you back. Over time you will be able to deal with the guilt and make things right. For now focus everything you have on today. You are making amends just by staying clean each day and that's enough for now.

I wish you the best and will keep you in my prayers.

Ron

Thanks everyone! This forum is so helpful. The positive feedback does so much for mental wellbeing.

Im tattoo'ed up and im thinking once i get some more clean time in of getting the grim reaper tattooed on my back, with the sun in the background and rays coming down pushing the grim reaper back.. maybe have the grim reaper holding a rig instead.. each year of sobriery ill have another ray of light layed down. Dunno. . Just some ideas im running with. Thanks all for the great support.

Thanks everyone! This forum
is so helpful. The positive feedback does so much for mental wellbeing.

Im tattoo'ed up and im thinking once i get some more clean time in of getting the grim reaper tattooed on my back, with the sun in the background and rays coming down pushing the grim reaper back.. maybe have the grim reaper holding a rig instead.. each year of sobriery ill have another ray of light layed down. Dunno. . Just some ideas im running with. Thanks all for the great support.

Hey man don't want to put a damper on your parade but my advice with the tattoo and years clean and all that is just chilllll out a lil lol. No hate im super stoked you got a month down and it's an amazing accomplishment but you got a very long way to go and you are very fragile right now even if you don't see it so just take everything one second, one hour, one day at a time right now.

In April my buddy was clean for 2 months and got his sober date tatted on his neck. 2 weeks later at 315am he got pulled over with coke in his car and got his 2nd DUI, in the papers and Shyt. You don't want to be that guy.

Good luck and good job.

I feel you. No offense but im not your boy ;) . The consequences of a relapse for me are far to great for me to even consider it. And the fact that my support system is fucking rock solid i plan on staying sober. Opiate life is no life for me. That fucking chapter is in the goddam History books. Anyhow. I guess the only real way to prove it, is do it. Right? Ill be posting on here regularly, and keeping it honest with you guys/gals. Again. Thanks everyone.

I feel you. No offense but im not your boy ;) . The consequences of a relapse for me are far to great for me to even consider it. And the fact that my support system is fucking rock solid i plan on staying sober. Opiate life is no life for me. That fucking chapter is in the goddam History books. Anyhow. I guess the only real way to prove it, is do it. Right? Ill be posting on here regularly, and keeping it honest with you guys/gals. Again. Thanks everyone.

Your right! Your not my boy so I wont feel bad saying millions and millions have said the exact same words as you after only a few weeks and failed. No offense ? Good luck on your so very unique situation.

Sensitive? Actually. Thats pretty damn motivating to say the least. Anyhow, as i said above. "Once i get more cleantime in". This journey has been a wild one its still fresh in my mind of what i went through. CT detox is the worst experience in my life. And mind you i served 3 combat tours overseas. Seen and did some shit that i buried deep inside. Used drugs to keep buried. Became sober and found that i am capable of dealing with it through other means other than drugs. Im not trying to glorify my service, but if i put CT WD as more difficult then anything ive experienced in my life, then that explains how much i DO NOT want to ever go through it again. And most certainly do not want to put my girl or family through it. So any smart ass reply means dick to me IMHO...

30+ days clean.. feeling so much better. Insomnia is starting to fade away. Ive actually been sleeping hard and feel rested on the mornings. The anxiety is spacing out and becoming way less apparent. When i do get it, if i wait 30 or so minutes it fades away. I wont lie, some days it seems to last all day. But that's happening less and less. Meetings and talkong about it helps a lot. Plus, finding comfort in my relationship with God has been instrumental.

Sensitive? Actually. Thats pretty damn motivating to say the least. Anyhow, as i said above. "Once i get more cleantime in". This journey has been a wild one its still fresh in my mind of what i went through. CT detox is the worst experience in my life. And mind you i served 3 combat tours overseas. Seen and did some shit that i buried deep inside. Used drugs to keep buried. Became sober and found that i am capable of dealing with it through other means other than drugs. Im not trying to glorify my service, but if i put CT WD as more difficult then anything ive experienced in my life, then that explains how much i DO NOT want to ever go through it again. And most certainly do not want to put my girl or family through it. So any smart ass reply means dick to me IMHO...

30+ days clean.. feeling so much better. Insomnia is starting to fade away. Ive actually been sleeping hard and feel rested on the mornings. The anxiety is spacing out and becoming way less apparent. When i do get it, if i wait 30 or so minutes it fades away. I wont lie, some days it seems to last all day. But that's happening less and less. Meetings and talkong about it helps a lot. Plus, finding comfort in my relationship with God has been instrumental.

Some smart ass reply doesn't mean dick to you? yet you write out a whole paragraph trying to defend yourself? Of course you DO NOT want to go through that that Shyt again. WTF?? Who does hahaha.

many of us Been through horrible CT detoxes. You are not special. Many have done it in prison, lost their family, children w.e and have said they were done because of these circumstances yet fell back in to it. All I said was take it slow one day at a time you are still fragile (which anybody knows) with an example of a dumb friend of mine and then you get all uptight you been through hell blah blah blah.

Keep thinking you are a different junkie then the rest. What ever helps you sleep at night kid. In fact go get that tattoo right now!

It's good to realize how fulfilled our life becomes when we decide addiction must be controlled and how strong we get as time goes by.
Regardless of cravings or bad moments we may find ourselves in, more prepared we are to keep moving forward.
I'm glad you are positive and solid. Keep up with the good work! :)

Thanks man. And you are right. I was talking to my girl last night, and was just saying how liberating it is to feel the weight of active addiction off of my shoulders. I can without a doubt say how much my life has changed in 5 weeks of not using.. i feel better about myself, im handling shit i wouldnt of when i was using. I dunno. I read ao many stories of the struggles we face. And its a scarey thing. Its just odd and somewhat nerve racking because i keep looking out for those same symptoms in myself this far out (cravings, thoughts and dreams of using, being unhappy). Im not being blind to the fact that i am an addict. And im not sure if its because of actively working the program, communicating my feelings about all of this with my sponsor and my support system. But im honestly feeling fucking great. Everyone has their moments but my bad are far. Far. FAR outweighed by the good. I often say that an addict wont stop, until they are truley ready to be done with it. And without a doubt was.. 5 weeks ago. And to come out of the otherside of withdraw
with a strong mindset is def
a bonous.

Some smart ass reply doesn't mean dick to you? yet you write out a whole paragraph trying to defend yourself? Of course you DO NOT want to go through that that Shyt again. WTF?? Who does hahaha.

many of us Been through horrible CT detoxes. You are not special. Many have done it in prison, lost their family, children w.e and have said they were done because of these circumstances yet fell back in to it. All I said was take it slow one day at a time you are still fragile (which anybody knows) with an example of a dumb friend of mine and then you get all uptight you been through hell blah blah blah.

Keep thinking you are a different junkie then the rest. What ever helps you sleep at night kid. In fact go get that tattoo right now!

Kid? Alright tough guy. Just because your experience is so negative does not mean everyones is. Ever watched your bestfriend get hit in the face with a peice of shrapnel? Or a kid blowhimself up? Dont fucking assume you know my story just because i hold my head up high with a fucking positive attitude, or that i assume no one else fell on hard times. Thats the main fucking reason people fall into addiction to begin with. So before you start typing on that keyboard.. ah hell.. know what.. i wish you the best of luck in your recovery bud. Your a real asset to this community.. Maybe you would be in a better mindset if you carried the same attitude about this that i do.

Edit: i had to add this. What sense does it make to come into a thread and essentially tell everyone reading it that they are going to relapse.. read your fucking reaponses beforw you post them. You talk about a fragile state but yet you wouldnt have a problem ripping the hope from someone. Dont ever become a counselor, because you would fucking suck at it.